Elemis Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream

Elemis Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine CreamElemis Pro-Collegen Marine Cream

3.9

Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Padina Pavonica Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Extract (Carrot), Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Acacia Decurrens Absolute, Rosa Damascena Flower Absolute, Lecithin, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Laureth 7, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol

I found that the 'day cream' version of this was too light for my skin in winter. It will be a cream that I will use in summer. For summer weight creams I prefer them to be in a pump type system rather than a pot.
The fragrance is light and the cream absorbs very well smoothing the skin and leaving it plump. Yet in winter it feels 'unprotected' to the elements.

I only used this once and it was more than enough. I hate the scent. HATE IT! It smells like an old lady. The smell was so bad that i rubbed a whole bunch of Cerave on top of it, hoping to dilute the smell.It didn't work. If I wasn't in a hurry I would've washed my face and started over. But I didn't and that's all I could smell all day. UGH!

Also it irritated my skin really bad.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is absolutely amazing! Number 1 face cream!!!! I have been using it since I am 18. I am 32 now....no wrinkles at all, and my friends say my skin looks even younger than when I was 18!!! it is not cheap but goes a long way and is so smooth and easy to apply! Your skin will be left feeling smooth and soft and luxurious. an absolute must I my daily beauty routine!!!

on 9/19/2015 12:43:00 PM

OMG this cream is unreal. I never even heard of this brand before I went on a cruise. I didn't buy it on the cruise but I was curious. When I got back, I researched and researched and took the leap. I found a great price on QVC plus I got flex pay. It came with night/day capsules. I literally have people asking me what do I do to my skin to make it look so good. It smells really good. I am not rich, but would buy again. It's so thick and creamy I don't use every day, which is good cuz then it lasts longer. A little goes a long way. It really works.

on 7/20/2015 1:56:00 AM

This is my HG moisturizer! I'm on my 3rd jar of this cream. I use it daily. It has done wonders for my skin. I have smokers lines above my upper lip and fine lines under my eyes. You can barely see them now! It doesn't break me out or make my skin oily. I like how light it is. Yet it's so moisturizing. I found this along with some bliss capsules. It was a really good deal. I will keep buying this. It's worth every penny!

on 6/25/2015 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I sucumbed to a QVC Elemis TSV in a weak moment, primarily for the frangipani monoi oil that I love. With it I got this night cream. If you believed everything from the TV this is a HG product, but of course I don't. It's a decent moisturiser with a nice smell. Sinks in well, hydrates my skin but nothing special, certainly not worth what it sells for. Happily using it but would certainly not repurchase.

on 4/27/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Makes me super oily, makes me break out, doesn't plump my skin and very expensive!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a trial-sized version of this in a recent beauty box and have to confess that up 'til this point, I'd never heard of it. I knew about Elemis but had always avoided their products because they're so ridiculously expensive I could never justify spending that much money on something I put on my face. Still, I was intrigued to try this to see how it faired and to see whether it lived up to its cult status or not...

I used this every morning for about 3 weeks and during that time didn't really see any noticeable difference in my skin, even though the Elemis website claims it will 'transform the complexion in just over 2 weeks'. It's a nice light-weight cream, slightly scented but not overpowering and most importantly for me, my skin didn't react badly to it. It sinks in nicely and I didn't notice it making my skin feel any more or less oily than usual either.

However, for me that's exactly why I wouldn't repurchase it (not least because it costs anywhere between 50 and 80 for 50ml depending on where you get it from) - it did nothing more for my skin than my regular moisturiser does. And notably a moisturiser that costs less than 10.

on 12/28/2014 2:38:00 PM

Used this cream a few years ago and didn't notice any difference in skin. (Maybe that was related to my age). However, I received this as a Christmas present just recently and in just a couple of days my skin texture and tone has improved very much. I have looked after my skin in general anyway and must have tried every anti ageing moisturiser known but I have to say these last few days I have been blown away by the results. More hydration, smoother younger looking complexion. Be careful not to put too much on underneath make up though it can go quite grainy - not sure if it is the best under foundation but most excellent for a night cream and I think I may try it around my eyes also which is very convenient if you are going away and you want to save on products and also cost.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've gone through a couple travel sizes of this, most of them before realizing how ridiculously expensive the product is, and I have never been impressed. In fact, before reading the product description online I was loathe to put it near my face since it's fragranced (light powdery floral).

I've been using it on my dehydrated-normal facial skin for the past week, and I find that I have to use a lot of product for my skin to feel moisturized. I expect a cream to have a thicker consistency, and to me this feels much like a cheap drugstore lotion. The thin consistency does allow it to absorb easily and it doesn't leave a film. It does leave my skin looking nice and helps decrease the appearance of fine lines when I first apply it, but after 2 hours the effect has worn off.

Overall, this is not nearly as moisturizing as I need or would expect given the name and price.