3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 days ago

This brand has a certain mystique, and advertising suggests that their products are uniquely beneficial for the skin because of the seaweed extracts and other ingredients. The Pro-Collagen Marine Cream in particular attracted my attention, because we all know that the loss of collagen over time makes us more prone to wrinkles. I ordered this moisturiser in the spf 30 formulation, to wear as a daily moisturiser under makeup. But on the first application I was horrified to find that my skin felt as though it was burning up, and two large red patches appeared on my cheeks. To be fair, they don't say it is for sensitive skin, but on the other hand there are no warnings either. The list of ingredients looked fine, so I was very disappointed. To make things worse, the products are expensive and should have been thoroughly screened by dermatologists for any possible allergens. The packaging was not good either, as the cream came in a jar with not even a spatula to remove it. Consequently, you would be adding bacteria each you used it. Needless to say, I won't be trying any of this brand's various products again, nor could I recommend it to anyone.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

10 months ago

I am 61, this made my skin break out so bad in just a couple of weeks I had to go to a dermatologist. My derm asked what I was using and I showed her. She said this has ingredients that will clog pores BADLY and even with exfoliating I still had a mess on my hands not to mention it exacerbated my rosacea so bad I had to get a prescription from my derm. The first few ingredients are the culprits and are seriously the main ingredients. NOW on the positive side. It was very moisturizing and if all the bad hadn't happened my skin felt great at first and was dewy. It was just TOO moisturizing. Sadly I have wasted a lot of $$$ for something that is 95% full....the Rose Cleansing Balm is another skin irritation...and much worse. If you have very dry skin, have never had skin issues you might find this a miracle cream..it smells wonderful too. It's just not for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

a year ago

Yes I was half-expecting this to turn my face into an oil slick but that didn't happen! What I did notice after applying a small amount of this in the morning is that my skin retained a good deal of hydration throughout the day, which even after removing my SPF etc at the end of the day and double-cleansing, my skin did not feel tight or uncomfortable. The texture was also a winner: a cross between a moisturizing gel and a cream, and with a scent which is fresh but not overpowering in any way. The downside for me? Breakouts! There's a couple of ingredients in here which are quite acnegenic, the main one is Glyceryl Stearate SE which is pretty high up on the ingredients list. That meant for me I've had to limit use to just once or twice per week, any more than that and those horrid red bumps start to pop up on my chin and forehead. For those who are not breakout prone and either normal, combination or dry, it's worth trying this. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

It’s just average moisturiser. It did nothing to my combination skin! Way too expensive for basic moisuriser. Wouldn’t repurchase!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I have allergy type of rosacea. If my skin does not agree with the products that I use (that, unfortunately, happens quite often) I get a red pimple covered areas on the forehead and cheeks. This cream managed to mess up my face just in two applications. It's heavily fragrances, and my skin was turning red and itchy right upon application, and as the time went by it didn't get better. The neck suffered the most, it got eczema-like spots. I swear by Elemis Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment for past 5 years, but it seems that it is the only product I love and will continue to by from the brand.

About reviewer (665 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

Such a boring brand. Products just average...

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I have always looked after my skin, done all the bits daily/weekly/monthly that you could do to look after your skin, spending hundreds of pounds in doing so. But my skin started to look dull, tired and flakey. I have quite sensitive and dry skin so was always warey about spending lots of money on a face cream for me to then potentially be allergic to it. But I plucked up the courage to spend £40 on a tub and I was not let down! I have been using this morning and night for 6 months and my skin is the best its ever looked. Its bright, moisturised and blemish free. It is worth every penny!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I found that the 'day cream' version of this was too light for my skin in winter. It will be a cream that I will use in summer. For summer weight creams I prefer them to be in a pump type system rather than a pot. The fragrance is light and the cream absorbs very well smoothing the skin and leaving it plump. Yet in winter it feels 'unprotected' to the elements. EDIT- after one year using this day cream I have grown to rely on it and really love it. What I love most about it, is that it absorbs and does not leave a gross film on my face. I have re-purchased my second pot. I use this in summer at night time in conjuntion with a treatment serum.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I only used this once and it was more than enough. I hate the scent. HATE IT! It smells like an old lady. The smell was so bad that i rubbed a whole bunch of Cerave on top of it, hoping to dilute the smell.It didn't work. If I wasn't in a hurry I would've washed my face and started over. But I didn't and that's all I could smell all day. UGH! Also it irritated my skin really bad.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

This cream is absolutely amazing! Number 1 face cream!!!! I have been using it since I am 18. I am 32 now....no wrinkles at all, and my friends say my skin looks even younger than when I was 18!!! it is not cheap but goes a long way and is so smooth and easy to apply! Your skin will be left feeling smooth and soft and luxurious. an absolute must I my daily beauty routine!!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35