Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

4.6

on 8/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually got this stuff in Virginia at an Eckerd(sp?) drugstore on clearance.

I have some little brown spots that seem to pop up on my left cheek a couple times a year. This stuff works WONDERS. I love it and it doesn't sting or burn or anything.

I use it only at night...after exfoliating in the shower with an apricot scrub. I don't have sensitive skin on my face (only my eyelids), so I don't recommend this for everyone.

This stuff works very well...I noticed a result in less than a week. My cousin even complimented me on it... and she's a model and ridiculously hard to impress...when it comes to makeup/skincare stuff.

on 2/5/2006 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

In response to the negative reviews:

I think only PALE people are experiecing the negative side effects of this product (i.e. - the staining of the skin making marks appear darker)...and that is because it is made for ETHNIC skin, specifically those who are a part of the African Diaspora...that can be Latino, West Indian, African American, African, Mixed, South East Asian, etc...

FYI: There IS a difference in our skin (darker minority skin) from that of Caucasian skin...that is a FACT! PLEASE READ THE LABEL! If you are not somewhere in this category, and do not have SOME type of color to your skin (i.e. you are NOT Italian, Greek, etc.) - this product is likely NOT for you... But there a LOT of products that ARE for you that would not work for us...and they will work well!

Smooches!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This stuff was great. First fade product I've found to actually work, but I think I've found something better. It's called Nadinola Extra Strength Fade Cream. It has 3% hydroquin compared to Black Opal's 2%. Great for my skin! Both of these products work really well. I would use this product more for spots than all over use. It really does work though. Doesn't last too long though and is pretty expensive for the amount you get, but if used on just a certain spot or area, it's probably perfect and will last youa while. Great silver tube which allows the formula not to become less effective. Took off 1 lippy for the price.

on 3/30/2004 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 6 weeks and have had great results on a few of my sun spots! This is pretty cheap too, although I had to order it online and therefore had to pay shipping. The packaging is perfect for dispensing the right amount, and protecting the formula from air and light so the ingredients don't lose their effectiveness. I would highly recommend this!

on 8/8/2003 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is really a great product. I have used the Advanced Dual Complex fade gel in the past and was truly impressed with the results. So I thought that I would give the Essential fade complex a try and once again, I am truly impressed and happy at how fast this works to fade the dark spots.