Black Opal essential fade complex

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.2

on 1/12/2006 10:21:00 AM

WARNING!!!!! I just woke up after having this stuff on at night, and every spot I applied to my face is now a dark reddish/brown. The stuff stained my skin. Now I have my work cut out for me with concealer. I'm so disappointed :( Like one previous reviewer, now my spots are worse than before. AUGH.

[UPDATE: Palmer's Eventone Fade Cream beats the crap out of this stuff! LOVE IT.] continued >>

on 11/30/2005 1:14:00 AM

This actually does work, albeit slowly and gradually. Skin is recovering from a month or so of horrible breakouts and while I'm generally clear now, I've got quite a few little discolorations here and there. I've been using the Essential Fade Complex on them pretty much every night (though sometimes I forget) for the past few weeks and have seen several marks nearly disappear and some lightening of the darker marks. Fab results for the cheapo price! Be sure to use this with a good sunscreen (Shiseido 55 for me) and exfoliating routine. Comes in a grey, needle-nosed squeeze tube which I've heard is better at preserving the potency of the active ingredient (2% hydroquinone--strongest you can get over-the-counter) than something in a jar. Also, this tends to work better for me when it's "fresh". There's a very good amount for what you pay. Only drawback is that it can be a little difficult to locate. I've seen this at CVS and Rite Aid, usually on a bottom shelf either near the "ethnic" section or with the other lighteners (Porcelana, etc.) Would repurchase.

on 5/28/2004 5:21:00 PM

I have been using for about 4 wks and have definitely seen a reduction in Sun spots or freckles. The main area of improvement is my shoulders where the sun damage were those groups of freckle/spotting. Completely faded most of it with only an evening application. I have not been able to regularly apply to face since I'm not sure how to layer it w/ other active ingred(retinol, AHA's, etc) but I really like the gel base of Black Opal as it hides easily under make up and isn't thick like creams & oh yes, unscented, thank goodness!Also doesn't cause breakouts. Kinda' expensive for the amount of product ($12.99 @ Eckerds for .90 oz)Might repurchase if I still need help.

on 3/23/2004 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

can somebody please page me and tell me what i'm doing wrong? i've been using this for a month now and the spot i have left by a pimple lightened....but it's still there. seems i'm the only one here so i'm probably doing something wrong. i usually wash my face. dab this on any discolorations on my face and then put my moisturizer on top. maybe i should skip the moisturizer? but i have dry skin and my skin will look awful. help???

on 2/2/2004 5:21:00 PM

Only thing that has worked on fading my dark spots (I've tried Obagi and Shiseido's whitening products). And way cheaper - got it on www.texasbeautysupplies.com and www.allurebeautysupply.com. A 1/2" brown spot on my cheek is almost completely gone (have had it for years). Of course I used it more than recommended and burned a couple spots on my face but they are now healing and getting lighter. Next test is on my legs - I have lots of scars from insect bites and small scratches. Will update on that later. UPDATE: Please try PCA Skin Phaze 13 w/ HQ. Did more for me than Black Opal. Update: Even stronger peel, Obagi Clear w/ a Retin A product (I use the generic Renova).