Black Opal essential fade complex

No Image

4.2

on 9/13/2008 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne and it left very dark scarring on both sides of my face, specifically on my cheek, the most obvious of all place.
I've tried saliylic acid peel 20%
Lactic acid peel 35%
Glycolic acid peel 30%
Hydroquinone 2%
Aloe vera, lemon and honey, vitamin E and a whole host of other prodcuts that were supposed to help fade scars.
I even tried black opal's advanced fade gel it worked for a while then it stopped working!
So I decided to give black opal another try and buy the essential fade!
What a relief it slowly peeled off the first couple of layers of skin(due to the combination of retinol and hydroquinone) to help reveal healthy scar free skin.
I have been so frustrated for over 2yrs with these scars and finally feel like I have hope. The key is to put a thin layer on....and I mean thin! One day I smeared it on and the next day I woke up with those stains everybody was complaining about. I used it every nite for 6 days so far and I am very pleased...I could cry. Please please please use sunscreen in the morning no matter what! Even if its a cloudy rainy day! I definetly would buy again but I see no need to. The little tube goes a lonnngggg way when used correctly, again I stress applying a thin layer. The tube helps to preserve the product longer because hydroquinone is highly unstable that just opening a jar and applying it allows it to turn black and ineffective..the gel is a brown color so don't worry its not old and useless...will continue to use and update!

on 7/21/2008 12:47:00 AM

I'm not that light and this product stained my skin.

on 8/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually got this stuff in Virginia at an Eckerd(sp?) drugstore on clearance.

I have some little brown spots that seem to pop up on my left cheek a couple times a year. This stuff works WONDERS. I love it and it doesn't sting or burn or anything.

I use it only at night...after exfoliating in the shower with an apricot scrub. I don't have sensitive skin on my face (only my eyelids), so I don't recommend this for everyone.

This stuff works very well...I noticed a result in less than a week. My cousin even complimented me on it... and she's a model and ridiculously hard to impress...when it comes to makeup/skincare stuff.

i bouGht this for like $7.50 and it works great. dont apply too much other wise it may start to irritate your skin. also i would recommend using it everyother day.

on 5/23/2006 3:47:00 PM

Awesome stuff...I'm an olive complexion and have a few acne marks--cleared them up over the course of 2 weeks...I noticed the product can burn if applied to damp skin so make sure your skin is thoroughly towel dried before applying...will always use this!

on 3/11/2006 1:07:00 AM

Don't let a couple of bad reviews about "staining" deter you from at least trying this product if you have pale skin. I have pale skin with some freckling and blotchiness and I swear this stuff is the closest to a miracle in a tube you will ever find. My skin looks the best it ever has when I use this product (I even wear it under my makeup) and my skin looks creamy and beautiful....and has decreased my makeup useage by a least 50%.

This product is wonderful, get the word out, because if we keep buyin' it they will keep makin' it.

on 11/30/2005 1:14:00 AM

This actually does work, albeit slowly and gradually. Skin is recovering from a month or so of horrible breakouts and while I'm generally clear now, I've got quite a few little discolorations here and there. I've been using the Essential Fade Complex on them pretty much every night (though sometimes I forget) for the past few weeks and have seen several marks nearly disappear and some lightening of the darker marks. Fab results for the cheapo price! Be sure to use this with a good sunscreen (Shiseido 55 for me) and exfoliating routine. Comes in a grey, needle-nosed squeeze tube which I've heard is better at preserving the potency of the active ingredient (2% hydroquinone--strongest you can get over-the-counter) than something in a jar. Also, this tends to work better for me when it's "fresh". There's a very good amount for what you pay. Only drawback is that it can be a little difficult to locate. I've seen this at CVS and Rite Aid, usually on a bottom shelf either near the "ethnic" section or with the other lighteners (Porcelana, etc.) Would repurchase.

on 10/24/2005 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I too was skeptical at first because I was putting too much at once but I started putting thin layers and BOY am I grateful. My skin is so so so clear! I may be able to skip foundation/concealer/cover up if I continue to use this. Must remember to use sunscreen with this ladies or else they spots will come back!

I love this although I think it's starting to make me break out in little pimples. Perhaps it's because it's not fresh anymore and perhaps that's making me breakout. Will repurchase again once mta drama is over in nyc. continued >>

on 9/23/2005 10:34:00 AM

This fade complex is like a little miracle in a tube. After two weeks of using it, my acne scars are not even noticeable! I wouldn't even think about using anything else. I use this in combination with the Daily Fade Cleanser and my results have been so remarkable! I definitely recommend this product.

I had quite good results with this product. I have very pale skin and lots of red acne marks. I bought this online- it was pretty cheap and faded my marks after a few weeks. I didn't have the quick results that other reviewers have had but i found it effective. It works best on fresh marks rather than old ones. I didn't irritate my skin at all-i can use it more than once a day with no redness or sensitivity and my skin is normally pretty sensitive. So, overall a great product.