3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

for some reason i've never caught on to the concept of travel sizes (in spite of always being on the go) but the travel size aisle in my favorite grocery store is where i found this lotion. the two-ounce tube was $.69, so a perfect price as well as the perfect size to have in my bag. this lotion is pretty runny but i like the smell and it absorbs quickly. you can wash your hands once (maybe twice) before needing to reapply, which is impressive to me. sometimes something simple and unsophisticated is just what you need, especially when you're out and about. keep your "good" creams at home and trust that this one will be just fine for errands and work days.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

For those with extremely dry skin, this lotion will not be moisturizing enough, despite what the bottle says. That may be because the fifth ingredient is sodium lauryl sulfate (not to be confused with sodium laureth sulfate), a cleansing agent. It’s admittedly an odd thing for a lotion to have. Those without dry skin will no doubt appreciate the non-greasy finish, the huge bottle, and the tiny price tag. But dry-skinned folks will be better off getting something more moisturizing.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

my mom bought this lotion, hated it, and now I understand why. -Takes forever to absorb into the skin -Not a fan of the scent -Doesnt keep you moisturized all day -CONTAINS MINERAL OIL Just a little PSA, Do NOT use this if you indoor tan. Mineral oil is terrible for your skin in general, but when combined with tanning, you will burn. prevents tanning, clogs pores, etc.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

What an incredible product. It is so cheap! I can't believe it. Usually stuff with cocoa butter, like Palmer's, is too heavy for me. This lotion is actually kind of thin and runny but don't worry, it will really get the job done. My skin feels incredible soft and smooth after I use this, especially if I put it on after shaving. Some products can sting/burn/irritate my skin after shaving but this doesn't do that. With this I have finally found that mystical product that absorbs quickly but still gets through to my dry skin. The scent is alright. Not my favorite but it doesn't last long. Honestly this could probably smell terrible and I would keep buying it because of the amazing results and value.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I'm really on the fence about this lotion, but I will continue to use it up because I don't want to waste it. I used this in high school and I loved it. I'm not sure if they changed the ingredients, but now that I know more about skincare, I can see this lotion doesn't have very good ingredients. And coco butter and lanolin are very low on the list behind propylene glycol and lauryl sulfate which is weird because I was pretty sure that strips your skin. What I do like about this lotion is that it doesn't have an overpowering scent, and the way it absorbs fast and it's not greasy, and I like the feel of my skin it leaves. But the problem I have with it is the next day or even a few hours later my legs feel really itchy. So I'm worried that it dries out my skin. I will use it up tho. Overall I think it's a decent lotion with a huge bottle if you don't need to much moisture and I think you get what you pay for as far as the ingredients.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I started using this lotion when I was 13. I had no idea about skincare or ingredients. i washed my face with dove soap, used a toner, and then put this on my skin from head to toe. I never had acne as a teen, just the occasional break out during my period. I am now 27 and my skin is changing. without writing a novel, my skin broke out like it never has before. i tried so many things. now i am back to my "teen routine" dove soap, toner, and this lotion to moisturize my face. my skin cleared up within a week.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is just a overall great value. It comes in a huuuuge bottle and its dirt cheap. I believe its under 3 bucks at walmart. It is very watery though. I heard that they changed the formulation on it. It used to be thick but now its very thin. It does absorb nicely but i feel customers will be happier if it was creamier. But you can't beat the value considering how large this bottle is. I love queen helene products and this is another one that I can add to the list. I will warn those with skin conditions like eczema or any type of rashes...DON'T apply this onto your skin if you fit in that category. I have eczema and I thought this being cocoa butter will help with the discoloration..burns like crazy. So untill your skin decides to chill out don't use. Other than that, a cheap moisterizer for a very very low price.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

4 years ago

Best product for stretchmarks that you can buy. If you have some at your local CVS and are suffering from stretch marks, slather this on them!! It makes a big difference and helps a lot in my opinion

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Tan

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I am writing this review cause I hate this product I bought this cocoa butter cause I have a scar on my forehead and bought this cause I heard cocoa butter is good for healing scars well anyways I used this for a couple of weeks all it did was burn my skin and left it red and some what swollen and it clogged my pores bad my skin has been peeing also so frustrating :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I wrote a review for the kind in the jar and now I'm re reviewing. This product is horrible it stinks like something other than coco butter and it is extremely drying on my legs n face it drie them out horribly especially my face now I have dry irritated patches from scratching. Plz avoid this if u have sensitive skin or very dry skin it is a cheap product that doesn't do what it claims to. Save your 2.00 and buy something else like keri lotion. And the jar version of this is just as bad it doesn't help wrinkles it is oily and dries out the skin with irritation.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43