2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Dont know why this has such bad reviews. I change shampoos often based off of what I need. I recently went to a Paul Mitchell salon to get my hair colored a 6N with a red demi gloss over top to give my hair a strong red hue in the sun. I try to wash my hair in as cold of water as possible (which is actually hard to do when my apartment's water temperature is always at a medium of not too cold, not too hot and won't ever get as ice cold as I need it to be) and only once a week to maintain the red tones. This shampoo has a medium lather, not weak, but not rich and foamy by any means. I shampoo twice to ensure all my dry shampoo from the week is out and my hair can last a while. This shampoo gets me by for a whole week without making my thick but pin straight hair greasy as well as being the only shampoo I have ever owned that actually maintains my hair color for so many washes. In fact, this shampoo is so gentle I would recommend it to kids and would not use this at all if I actually wanted to strip my hair color because it was too dark or I like the color more when it fades. From Ulta a 16 oz bottle goes for $13 which already isn't bad but I had points that make this and the Paul Mitchell super skinny serum (used at every hair appointment I have) $8 all together.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I used this for many years due to laziness/misinformation. So, it's very cheap and you get a lot of it. And it does protect your color. Also, it does a pretty good job of cleaning out bad odor in other parts of the body. But otherwise this is a very average, slightly irritating, mediocre shampoo. You can do much better.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Left my hair with a greasy feeling. Terrible shampoo, no wonder my local JCPenney salon had the shampoo and conditioner on clearance. My hair looks awful after using it one week.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

OMG. I received the shampoo/conditioner combo for Christmas and I'm pretty sure this is the worst shampoo I have ever tried and I have tried a LOT. It made my hair nice the first few times but i noticed that it would never quite rinse out of my hair. As I continued to use it, my hair felt flat and would get greasy faster than usual. My hair literally felt nicer when I used drugstore hair products.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

2 years ago

If I could give this 0 stars I would. I am a professional stylist, so I come across a lot of different brands and formulas. This has to be be absolute worst shampoo I have ever used on myself and clients. When I used this on a few of my clients I noticed their hair didn't feel clean and was limp. So I have it a shot myself. My hair is a level 5 demi permanent color which I flat iron frequently. I have never used a shampoo which made my hair look more damaged, greasy, weighed down, and lifeless. I couldn't wait until the next day to wash it again with my hg biolage volumebloom. I would never recommend.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

Unlike other MUAers, I didn't find this product to be that terrible. It's an average color safe shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair and lathers up nicely. The scent smells a little like household cleaning products, but isn't overwhelmingly bad. I would repurchase, but I'm also open to other shampoos for color treated hair. It does contain sulfates (hence the lather), but natural ingredients and extracts are also in it.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

This left a residue after a few uses on my baby fine hair.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry

HairBrown

3.0

4 years ago

This is ok. I love several Paul Mitchell products that I've repurchased for many, many years, but this one was simply ok. This just doesn't give me the fresh clean my other favorite PM shampoos do.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Unfortunately this product was a big miss for me. I've always used drug store shampoo and decided to treat myself to a higher end product. This product doesn't lather up but even worse doesn't fully wash out of your hair. I tried a few different times, using less product, just using shampoo and no conditioner. Nothing changed the result. Def do not waste your money on this.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

The packaging looks very clean and I love the push cap. This leaves my hair feeling very light and clean. It lathers and washes really gently and it keeps my hair colour. It is not the most moisturizing shampoo, but it doesn't leave my hair feeling extremely dry. The smell is also not very perfumey. Clean and simple scent.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29