4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I bought this awhile back. I was pretty sure it was making my hair lifeless and greasy. I put it to the back of the shelf 3 months ago and was only keeping it in case I needed it in a pinch. I ran out of shampoo 2 weeks ago and reached for this for the interim. It is doing the exact same thing to my hair so back to the shelf it goes. My hair is long, coloured, straight and fine. It is not too dry or too oily. I suspect this may work better on thicker hair that is prone to dryness.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive

5 years ago

When it comes to natural shampoos some of them can leave your hair feeling like straw, this one is the closest to a mainstream salon shampoo that uses natural ingredients that I have found. I wish it was slightly more conditioning but other than that I would buy it again.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

6 years ago

For color-treated this one is better than the tea tree one, in my opinion. It leaves hair more moisturized than the tea tree. I like this one but my scalp likes tea tree better. I have three pimples on my scalp and I feel like this one doesn't clarify my scalp as well as tea tree. Now that my hair dye is grown out I'm switching back to tea tree and focusing on my scalp. This shampoo is good for healthy strand focus, but tea tree does that well enough, too.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I wanted to like this stuff. Says for color treated hair (I have deep/bright red hair, naturally straight on top kinky wavy/curly on bottom half, sort of fine, but a TON of hair) but it makes my scalp even flakier and I get greasy hair faster. I wash my hair once a wee soooo I need something that sort of strips my scalp grease :p. I will just stick to the tea tree kind, even though all these shampoos dry the hell out of hair, the tea tree when just rubbed on my roots then follow with a moisturizing conditioner I can go about 4 days without needing my dry shampoo spray! I just can't use anything for color treated hair, makes it too greasy! Product smells good but it definitely doesn't "balance"

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Other

6 years ago

I have kinky 3c/4a hair. And I bought the HUGE bottle of this shampoo yesterday. I needed a wash so I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture, then used this to wash it off. No matter how much conditioner I used after, my hair still felt brittle and dry from the shampoo and I was so scared to even attempt to blow dry it, so my twist-out could be elongated. Even a leave in couldn't make it feel better. I love the smell, and the easy pump bottle but someone else in my house is gonna have to use this because I'm not.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

7 years ago

I wanted to love this shampoo. It seemed ideal. I was already having issues from a chemical treatment months ago. To scalp has always been really oily and the rest of my hair normal but this treatment to make my hair straight just made things worse. Protein treatments really did not help. I know my hair pretty well and I've done lots of terrible things to it over the years and been able to recover but this was a treatment applied to virgin hair. For some reason it did the opposite and made my hair frizz, become dry and break. I had tried lots of products and thought this would be the one. It just made things worse. With each use my hair got drier and even started to sort of stick together. There is little to no scent which I really liked.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

7 years ago

This is my best shampoo yet! It smells like grapefruit ^.^ Maybe those who are sensitive to fragrances won't like the scent, but my thoughts on scents are pretty simplistic. I either think a smell is yummy, or it's not. Anyway, very nice product. If you are looking for a hydrating shampoo, this isn't it, though it won't completely dry your hair out until there's not a hint of moisture. It acts as a clarifying shampoo, and my hair feels very clean afterwards. I like to use this shampoo with a creamy, moisturizing conditioner (I'm looking for a natural conditioner to use) so my hair feels very pure, but not stripped.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

This is the best clarifying shampoo I have ever used! It says you can use it daily but I would not recondmend it. I tried it 2 days in a row and my hair was way too dry. All other clarifying shampoos I've tried either left a residue in my hair or totally stripped it. This didn't do any if that. My hair was shiny and bouncy! I have fine hair.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I really like this shampoo. Usually I try to stick with co-washing as I find it’s better for my long, naturally curly hair; however, when I want to clarify or save time in the shower (co-washing takes me so much longer than shampooing!), this is the one I reach for to get my scalp and hair clean. It never leaves my hair dry or tangled, which is rare. I’ve tried several shampoos ~ sulfate-free, high-end, drugstore, all natural, full of chemicals ~ none have give me consistently good results until I stumbled upon this one by Giovanni. Love that it’s a cruelty-free company and full of healthy ingredients. I buy from Vitacost.com, since they have the best price around (under $5 a bottle). Also, you don’t need to use much, so a bottle will last quite a while.

About reviewer (377 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

Bought the travel size of this product at sasa for about SGD3.90. Right after my hair dried after using this shampoo,my mum asked me if i did a hair treatment,because my hair looked smooth and soft. For me to receive a complimemt for my Asian straight hair is just fantastic ;D However,compared to other sulfate-free shampoos that i tried,this shampoo is quite harsh. I would not use this everyday but alternate with other shampoos. Also the packaging might not be useful when i am close to finishing off the shampoo,guess i'll just have to dilute the last remaining shampoo with water to propedly finish off the bottle of shampoo.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other