3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

So I was really excited to try this shampoo along with the conditioner. And rightly so because it's the most expensive ones I have tried in my life. But it's been a letdown. I know this shampoo is more natural, but I have tried a couple of other natural shampoos that did a fine job at cleansing my hair thoroughly. I have thick, long hair and a lot of it so perhaps this works fine for you if you have fine, thin hair but I find that my hair is not properly clean afterwards and even slightly greasy. The smell is nice and all, but not worth the money. I will finish it up but not repurchase. I'll gladly go back to my beloved Korres shampoo.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is by far my most favorite shampoo ever. I have used and loved this one for 20 years and its one that I go back to over and over again. I have worked in Aveda spas, salons and even the stores. This is a great shampoo for all hair types. Leaves hair soft, manageable, shiny and well hydrated. And the smell is so amazing.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Holy grail shampoo , leaves my bleached blonde damaged hair smooth , silky clean and smelling beautiful. It also gives amazing shine to the hair and strengthens it . Love this forever !

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

I love shampure! The fragrance is out of this world(lots of lavender) & it leaves my oily hair very clean. The only reason it's not a HG for me is I have to switch my shampoos bc my water is gross and I get build up I my hair no matter what

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

This shampoo smells good. HOWEVER it does not clean my hair and it will make it look greasy the following day

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

My sister bought this for our mom and offered to buy me a bottle too, but I told her that I'd try it first before committing, which I'm glad I did. I liked the scent, it's soothing and unobtrusive; it lathers just enough, but I feel like it didn't thoroughly clean my hair in a single wash. I have thick, coarse hair that easily gets oily at the scalp, and when I used this I found that my scalp gets greasy (& a bit itchy) within hours. It's a shame because I really wanted to love this shampoo. This is not inexpensive in our country, either, so I'm glad I didn't make my sister pay for such an underwhelming product for me.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

5 years ago

Shampure: I hate to say it, but we're breaking up. I love your smell and the spa aesthetic--and you leave my hair light and silky--but you've changed since we started going steady. I like that Aveda is PETA certfied but dislike the ingredient list, which includes stuff like fragrance and other stuff I'd prefer to avoid. I also find it weird that they're no longer included in the Environmental Working Group database. Old formulation was a 5 out of 10, so not terrible but not great either, if you care about that kind of stuff.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

Completely obsessed with the heavenly, spa-esque scent of this line. I use the shampoo and the conditionner, and I am so in love. My only caveat is the shampoo makes my scalp itch, over time. Oh, and I am a little iffy about the ingredients - an employee at the Aveda store told me all of the ingredients are plant-based, but I am unsure as to how processed they are. The scent seems a tad unnatural, but maybe that's just the crazy combination of 25 essential oils they use. Otherwise, I seriously adore this product. I even bought the candle with the same fragrance because I wanted my home to smell like it. My guests always demand to know what it is. It cost me about $16 for an 8 oz. bottle, at an Aveda store. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGray

2.0

6 years ago

After using $5 supermarket shampoo for a few years, I was looking for a change. I loved the smell of Aveda so tried it out. After 2 washes, I was disappointed with the product - it caused more build up and made my scalp oilier. I have thick curls so I need a good cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with similar hair type. I will stick to my $5 shampoo for now.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

Best aroma out there! I work for Aveda and I love using this on my clients as well as myself. The aroma is a calming, relaxing aroma that reminds me of vanilla and sweet cream. This can be used on all hair types, from little kids to the elderly! It is fairly cheap for Aveda, compared to other lines such as the Invati and smooth infusion. A little drop goes a long way, so for the price you get a lot of product that will last a long time!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24