Deciem The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/15/2018 10:14:00 PM

Only been using it for a week but I see results in lessened small wrinkles. Gonna keep with this; I know major results don’t happen in a week!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is really a facelift in a bottle, no irritation at all, sinks right into my skin, made crow’s feet disappear within 2- 3 months, I use it around my eyes and on my neck too with great results, will definitely buy this over and over again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't have any irritation, peeling or dryness with this product but it gave my normally clear skin several cystic pimples.

This is liquid gold! Only been using for 2 months but it is already HG in my book! Sinks in well, no greasy tacky sensation like I've experienced with Retin-A. I've been an intermittent user of RA since 08, but it's expensive and makes my skin go crazy with peeling whenever I start using it again. With this serum I haven't experienced any burning or peeling, but can definitely tell it's working. My skin is the testament! The tiny line I have next to my right upper lip has filled in and the texture of my skin is so smooth, I keep getting compliments on how great my makeup looks, even though I'm not wearing any at the time. I can't believe this stuff is under $10!! I'll be using it for life, and will never go back to retin a.

on 2/19/2018 7:43:00 AM

Very efficient. It needs some time until you notice a difference (a month of so of applying every night), but it works with very minimal side effects. I applied a few drops of tamanu oil after this and it worked a charm! Highly recommend!

on 2/9/2018 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this for months now and this makes a noticeable difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin. My skin looks brighter and smoother with few breakouts. I had a small initial purge around my chin for a few days but none of the dryness, peeling or irritation that usually comes with regular retinol. I use this before bed after the glycolic toner and before their moisturizer. I've gotten lazy and skipped this for a week and my skin looks dull and gets congested, especially around the chin. The brand is pretty forthcoming about the need to avoid sun exposure when using this so a good sunscreen is a must. I love that this is so effective and affordable. I've used lesser quality drugstore products that cost more.
*This review is for the formulation in squalane not the emulsion. While the squalane formula can feel a little heavier and takes a bit longer to absorb it doesn't contain glycerine which can cause me to break out .

on 1/2/2018 9:22:00 AM

Yay.Another excellent serum from The Ordinary. This is well formulated, non irritating( retiniods usually are not), fast absorbing and gives me nice glow. I love that is not oily and absorbs very well. On my face I am using 5 times a week ( i started with 3)with Resveratol serum on the top.My skin looks almost glowing and the pores looks more smooth. I did notice the skin is much more sensitive to the sun(thats retinoids for you), so i started using spf 50 protection. I have tried to use retinol serum as well as Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane, but i did not like the oily feeling and irritation, so keep comming back to this serum.

The only negative is packing, as it not air tight (so after a while the product will be less effective) so i am replacing the product every two months. I have been using it for a year( the product has been renamed) and i will continue using untill i fins something better.