Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

4.4

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this setting powder. Some setting powders I have tried leave me looking either extremely ashy or like I have a serious cocaine addiction (MUFE, I'm looking at you!), but the yellow in this neutralizes with your skin and doesn't show on flash photography. I use this when I bake on my T-Zone area and it does an amazing job on highlighting and controlling oil. This retails for $20 - 25 in my area, which isn't bad, and it lasts me for quite a long time. I'm very glad I came across this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

First off,as everyone else has stated the package kinda sucks. I sift it into the lid,but if you don't use it all & attempt to put it back you end up losing product. But for the cheap price,guess its not to bad. I use this mostly for setting my under eye concealor & so far it works. I'm pretty sure I could make it work better for me. But the fact that it helps the concealor to stay,stop creasing and highlights is good enough. I use this with Mac's mineralized concealor,so it gets the job done for me.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this for the brightened under eye concealer look when I'm going out for a night on the town. I like it, because it gives me the brightened under eye concealer look without making me look ashy. I do not use this everyday. I only use this to set my under eye concealer. I'm a NC50. I purchased the 8oz container that a screw on lid, so I'm sure this will last me at least a year since I don't use it everyday.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I do not believe I never reviewed this. This became a staple for me YEARS ago! It looks amazing on my complexion (and I think it would for anyone who has rich golden hued skin). It balances out any extra red/pink in my foundation (even the closest match has it's flaws) and makes me look airbrushed and healthy and glow-y and not pale or yellow at all! Love this stuff! It cot next to nothing... I forgot how much I loved this stuff until I saw it reviewed here. I'll have to dig it ut and revisit it with my newer foundations!

And I finally found a store that carries Ben Nye foundations in all textures and colors, so I'm off to play and I will review those shortly! ;)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Perfect finely milled powder to apply over my creme foundation. Removes shine without adding any color or looking ashy. Works on a variety of ethnicities with yellow undertones; LLL to MMM. Huge shaker bottle for $6. Will always be in my kit. (DDD NW45ish, HIP820, or Black Opal 'Nutmeg')

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have this in Banana and Caramello and I mix them (sometimes with the neutral translucent sweat proof powder when I am going to dance or have a gig). GREAT STUFF!!!

It looks great and it warms my foundation if I am going a bit olive or grey. Love it! Love the price! Love that it does not break me out or ruin the effect of my mineral foundation! I use the Banana all over because I have such yellow undertone and that realy blends my makeup nicely and the Caramello to warm my face in spots so I am not monotone in my golden yellow ethnic hue! :-) (like the top of my forehead and my jawline).

Buy It!