Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.9

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder would do great for oily skin. But if your prone to breakouts, stay away from it!! It has a nice finish very natural looking. But after a couple days my face broke out in rash like pimples, EVERYWHERE! And the packaging is very annoying. The powder is soo loose you can't keep from making a mess. If you have oily skin, no flaws. Give this powder a try but for sensitive skin I do not recommend. Not even as a highlighter because I don't see a difference.

this product for me is my everything at the moment. I love how bright and radiant it makes my skin look and the staying power is amazing. the only thing I really dont like is the packaging. I kind of wish it was more travel friendly or maybe a bigger lid to dip into with my brush. If you are light skinned this powder might not be good to use as a highlighter but if you have medium, tan, to dark skin this would act as the perfect highlighter. it also makes selfies FLAWLESS! I notice a huge difference when I use my Nyx face powder to take a selfie, it makes my skin look flat in pictures but the banana powder reflects light and makes your skin glow. it's like the perfect loose powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I apologise that my review is so long but REALLY WORTH READING!

Just look at those ingredients! talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance

Talc (quote from cancer.org website) "It has been suggested that talcum powder might cause cancer in the ovaries if the powder particles (applied to the genital area or on sanitary napkins, diaphragms, or condoms) were to travel through the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes to the ovary. (...)Some studies of talc miners and millers have suggested an increased risk of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, while others have found no increase in lung cancer risk."
Did you know that your favourite powder can contain asbestos?

Diazolidinyl Urea is FORMALDEHYDE derivative, Ill give you quote from ewg.org:
"The International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC) has classified formaldehyde as 'carcinogenic to humans,' and the U.S. National Toxicology Program has classified it as 'reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen,' based on emerging evidence in humans and robust evidence in animals (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Occupational exposures to formaldehyde gas are linked to nasal and nasopharyngeal cancers (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Animal studies confirm this link, and also suggest an association between formaldehyde in drinking water and stomach and gastrointestinal cancer and leukemia (NTP 2005)."

Parabens are known to almost all of you so I won't say more.

Everyone likes fragranced cosmetics (my nose like them too) but some can be allergic.

I used banana few times without looking at ingredients, it is well pigmented and covers natural pink cheeks. However, there are many more (check mineral makeup) powders what are not harmful to us and I will stick to them.

Thanks for reading
I really hope it will help someone
Paula

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder will only work if you have skin tone darker than NC 40/ NW 35 + overall great powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm loving this as an all over setting powder. Just the lightest hand equals a brightened complexion. Just as contour matte bronzer and you are good to go. Although it is yellow, it works very well with my fair skin and cool undertones. I run more pink then yellow. (Im pretty fair, I use MAC face and body in N1 or Smashbox BB in fair)

As I only use 1 light shake to set my makeup...this powder will last at least a 1 year..made more.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is going to be an extremely detailed review.

This is perfect for anyone with yellow/warm undertones, unless if If your skin is extremely fair but you have yellow/warm undertones. This product will give you a very weird overly-yellow tinge to your skin. This goes the same for those who have a much darker complexion. If you come under these categories, then I do NOT recommend this product. Same to those who don't have yellow undertones.
However, there are other colours available which will suit your needs better, so don't give into the hype and buy this in banana, you'll literally kick yourself afterwards. I have way too many friends that did that, then were cursing themselves for following the crowd!

Any who, now that's out of the way.
I love this product, as both a setting powder, and a highlighter.
As a setting powder:
This powder is literally so fine that it settles into even the trickiest of places. It completely mattifies any oil slick that you may have or you may potentially have later. I don't even need to reapply this throughout the day, just the once and I'm good to go for however long I'm out for.

As a highlighter:
Using a slightly damp sponge, I use this as a powder highlighter and gently dab this onto my face in a V-shape on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and in an upside-down triangle shape on my forehead. I'm very careful not to blend it into my skin immediately but more to let it sit on my skin for around 15 minutes. (You can leave it for 5 and get the same effect, it just takes me 15 minutes to do my hair.) I then sweep it off with a fan brush and it leaves me with a brilliant natural looking highlight glow. I cannot emphasise this, I have never gotten such a finish with any powder or liquid highlighter before.

The only downside is the packaging. I find the lid to be horrendously small, so I resort to using an old bare minerals foundation lid to pour the powder into, then use my brush/sponge from out of there.

Otherwise, this is a MUST HAVE highlighter and setting powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I finally tried this, after years of hearing all the hype... and I LOVE IT! I was reluctant to replace my MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder but this stuff blows my old HG away. It sets my makeup without settling into lines or looking chalky. It just gives me a nice airbrushed glow! I love the color- I thought that it would be too light for my NC40-45 skin but it actually looks really nice. It just imparts a nice warm candlelit glow to my face. Somebody told me that I look like Jennifer Lopez today... I'm sold! Will continue to repurchase over and over!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The only con about this powder is the packaging, but other than that this product is amazing. It sets my under-eye concealer flawlessly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

While this powder isn't for everyone it is for me. The color is just right and the finish it leaves me with is amazing. I sometimes use it for highlighting portions of my face and sometimes as an all over face powder. It photographs well without a white cast when doing flash photography. I wouldn't say it controls oil well or does a terrible job at it. I have oily skin and it didn't perform any worse or better than any other face powders I have tried. Even oil control powders last about the same on me as this. So believe what you will but everyone is different and I guess the chemistry mix between the powder and my body is the same with this and other powders I have tried.

The price, it can't be beat. It was around $13 for a 3oz tub. This thing is huge. I will never be able to finish it. But the packaging is horrible. It's a cap with a sifter on top and unlike powder jars once the powder is out of the container, there is no well or anything on top of the sifter to hold it there. I've since poured this into an older face powder jar that I have finished with a sifter. This works out much better and I am experiencing less product waste.

Also ladies for those of you looking for a color match. Some reviewers say this is either took dark or too light for them. Do your research. Ben nye makes a range of colors for their powders. It may not be called banana powder, but it's essentially the same thing in a different color. I know everyone has hyped up this one color/powder, but if it's the wrong color it won't work for you. So don't just reach for it because everyone says omg you have to try the banana powder. Do your research. This is yellow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

bought it to see what all the hype is about, its a really good powder, doesn't cake up foundation, though it does darken the foundation color into more of an orangey yellowy tone. but in summer season this will come in handy, im too light to use it purely as undereye powder although it does the highlighting job amazingly, when I was tanner It was perfect. Only con is the packaging as everyone else is saying but u are buying a huge tub for 12-14 $

updated: I never reach for this powder,i also own it in the "buff" color- looks a bit ashy and unnatural, its also too heavy on the skin