VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.3

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

I was very disappointed. It leaves an unpleasant film on the skin and doesn't provide the hydration that my skin would need and I don't even have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this as a sample (don't even remember from where) but I fell in love with it right away. It is such a lovely hydrating product that can be used alone, as a serum to boost the hydration of your moisturizers or even under serums. I love to layer this with an anti aging serum and moisturizer for both day and night. It absorbs into skin super quickly and leaves skin feeling very soft and hydrated. A++++

Loved it so much I bought the full size and use it regularly.

on 1/3/2019 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combo sensitive skin prone to rosacea... this does feel a little tacky once applied but not for long. It does seem to hydrate somewhat but don’t feel like it’s doing much... I’m not getting that plumping effect other people are mentioning.

on 10/27/2018 3:03:00 PM

I found this on clearance at Target, and I said "why not?" I like the simple ingredient list, and the fact that it's fragrance and silicone-free. I didn't expect much, but I was hoping for an extra hydration boost.

I like it! It does deliver that hydration boost, without feeling heavy or sticky (after it dries down). I don't think it's working miracles, but there's definitely an extra "oomph". I mix one pump of this with one pump of the CosRx 96 Advanced Snail Essence, and I am seeing calmer, moister results than with the snail alone. And it doesn't clog my skin at all! I'm ALWAYS happy when I find something like that.

The bottle is substantial and the pump delivers the perfect amount of serum. It's not going to travel well (heavy, glass, with a top I can't "lock") but it's fine in my bathroom.

It's a little pricey for the simple serum it seems to be, but it does deliver a welcome boost and it doesn't bother my skin while doing it. I may or may not repurchase, but I won't turn it down if I find another deal. I would also recommend it, if you're looking for a solid hydration boost.

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.

on 9/26/2018 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The European name for this is Mineral 89 Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster.

It's a pretty simple formula. 89% of Vichy's magical tap water, glycerin, some glycols, preservatives and the salt form of hyaluronic acid: sodium hyaluronate. Today we are spoiled with multiple weight versions of hyaluronic acid, which penetrate a little bit deeper and might stimulate your skin's own production of HA.

Not so here, but do not fret. The salt form of HA is the most hydrating one because it has more connections on it's molecule to bind water too.

The information on this says to apply two drops onto dry skin, but what I think they mean (because it comes in a larger bottle than most srums. 50 ml.) is two pumps. This amount truly plumps up skin underneath your regular moisturizer and doesn't pill up with *any* product. This is a major plus for me.

I can mix a pump in with moisturizers I find a bit too thick and emollient in themselves to make them glide on more easily and become more moisturizing.

You could probably cook up something similar yourself for less money, but for ease of accessability and the decent price I will most probably buy again.

on 9/25/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Worth the price; works as well as any other more expensive serum!

on 9/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As my skin ages it has become increasingly dehydrated and I’ve been really interested in the trend towards water based moisturisers. I’m currently using Neutrogena Moisture Bomb products and have added this Vichy product to my routine. It’s in a very nicely designed bottle with a pump dispenser. I find one pump before applying moisturiser really plumps my skin and makes it feel very comfortable. I’ve been really impressed with it and will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to wait a solid month before reviewing this. In the past I’ve always found Vichy products to be WAY too fragrant and though some still are, this product is totally scent/dye free. If you’re combo/oily I would highly recommend m89 (sounds like a gun). I’ve used it a few different ways but the most effective has been applying it after my toner, letting it soak in for a sec. I use about a half pump for my whole face. After about 5 mins, I’ll apply another 1/4 pump to my dryer areas (cheeks, lips, under eyes). This does wonders for chapped lips! Then I’ll apply my h.a/b5 serum, and then a few dabs of cliniques moisture surge. Now that I’ve hit the magic “30” I’ve had to up the ante on moisture and this has been a fantastic addition to my s.c routine and it’s not insanely expensive either.

on 1/28/2018 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was gifted a bottle of Mineral 69 while attending an educating Vichy seminar right after its launch and have just finished the bottle.

They told us that it's not a serum but a "booster" to include to your routine after your toner and before serum. It's basically Vichy's thermal water rich in mineral elements with some hyaluronic acid included and formulated in a thicker form. It's meant to strengthen your skin's defence against external factors, help the following skincare products to be absorbed deeper and add some moisture. Not meant to be used alone but would be handy even on its own for those who don't like applying creams on their face, men etc

I like the packaging a lot and the pump is really sturdy. Feels like a wet gel and absorbs fast. I feel that I need to use less serum afterwards because the skin feels fresh and plump already. Slightly sticky upon application but this sensation disappears quickly. Lasts a surprisingly long time too. What I didn't like is that my La Roche Posay Anthelios fluid sunscreen would ball up over this so I used it only at night during summer. The price is also somewhat unreasonable for thickened up water. Do I consider Mineral 69 an essential step for my skincare? No, not really. Does it add something extra to my skin feeling fresher? Yes it does. I like it but I'm not amazed.