VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

4.2

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 1/3/2019 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combo sensitive skin prone to rosacea... this does feel a little tacky once applied but not for long. It does seem to hydrate somewhat but don’t feel like it’s doing much... I’m not getting that plumping effect other people are mentioning.

on 10/20/2018 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I usually avoid Vichy because of the fragrance but this is pleasantly fragrance free and void of other irritating ingredients. I’m still on the fence about Hyaluronic acid products and whether they actually do anything. I’ve tried quite a few and after using up the entire bottle of this, I’m still not sure. However, it didn’t make me greasy or break me out which is a bonus. Stickiness is a problem for me with a lot of serums and can make my skin look worse (cough.. the ordinary), so Vichy got the texture right. I just don’t know if I ‘need it’.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

HG for me! Woohoo!
Lovely, non-irritating booster to use under your moisturizer. Clear color, gentle, no additives, plumps up skin, but does not cause pore congestion (and my skin is super sensitive to any comedogenic substances).
It does not by itself improve acne (is not designed to do so) but it allows you to use the anti-acne products you might need, and reduces the redness, irritation and flaking they may cause. (Sometimes I don't know which is worse: flaking and redness from antiacne products, or the oiliness and redness from plugged and inflamed pores....sigh....) But this way I can have the best of both worlds.
Yes, the 50 ml size is clunky, but keep it at home, and in addition get the 30 ml size or even the mini 5 ml size or sample packettes for when you travel. Just be careful, the cap does not always stay on, so I took off 1 lippie for packaging. Otherwise 5 star.
I use this before Avene serum as a moisturizer, and I never get any balling or difficulty with foundation or concealer (I use Ellis Faas foundation and concealers, Tatcha sunscreen).
All the positive reviews on MUA are telling the truth!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This booster/serum provides a ton of hydration to the skin mainly in the form of mineral water, hyaluronic acid and glycerin (plus a few other ingredients). It has a light gel-like texture but feels extremely thin and watery when applied. I was glad to discover there was no sticky feeling experienced and it immediately made my face feel hydrated and plump in the best possible way. A little goes a very long way. I mistakenly put two pea-sized drops in the palm of my hand the first time I tried this and not only did I have enough to do my entire face but I also had enough to go all the way down my neck too. This has been one of my best discoveries ever in the “Essence/Serum” category with very few ingredients and lovely results.

on 1/28/2018 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was gifted a bottle of Mineral 69 while attending an educating Vichy seminar right after its launch and have just finished the bottle.

They told us that it's not a serum but a "booster" to include to your routine after your toner and before serum. It's basically Vichy's thermal water rich in mineral elements with some hyaluronic acid included and formulated in a thicker form. It's meant to strengthen your skin's defence against external factors, help the following skincare products to be absorbed deeper and add some moisture. Not meant to be used alone but would be handy even on its own for those who don't like applying creams on their face, men etc

I like the packaging a lot and the pump is really sturdy. Feels like a wet gel and absorbs fast. I feel that I need to use less serum afterwards because the skin feels fresh and plump already. Slightly sticky upon application but this sensation disappears quickly. Lasts a surprisingly long time too. What I didn't like is that my La Roche Posay Anthelios fluid sunscreen would ball up over this so I used it only at night during summer. The price is also somewhat unreasonable for thickened up water. Do I consider Mineral 69 an essential step for my skincare? No, not really. Does it add something extra to my skin feeling fresher? Yes it does. I like it but I'm not amazed.