Tanwise Sunless Tanning Spray

1 review

on 6/2/2017 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have medium-olive skin with warm undertones. Years ago, before I knew about skin cancer and sun damage, I used to get tan by just thinking about sunshine, it seemed. After Summer Breaks I was the one who came back with the deepest, and longest-lasting tan. Being a child of the 70's, I loved my tan, and I always thought I looked best with a sunkissed look. Now, there are times when, frankly, I don't hold back from tanning, but these times are rare because I know how dangerous sunlight can be for skin. I am scrupulous about using sunscreen on my face and neck every day, and if I spend time in the sun for hours I will likely use sunscreen to prevent my skin from darkening. I've tried lots and lots of "self-tanners",none really matched the natural tone my skin developed with a tan. Earlier incarnations were, as everyone knows, too orange, but, on me, the orange was actually more flattering than the "improved" self-tanners that turned me gray. My lastest trial was with Neutrogena Self-Tanning Spray, Medium Intensity. No matter how much I apply it, it doesn't show up on my skin. I do not look tan. Do they even make a "dark" intensity?

I finally found Tanwise Sunless Tanning Spray at Sally Beauty. Over the years I have used many Tanwise products, and I have always been satisfied with the appearance they give my skin, but I really dislike sticky lotions or mousses. I was so excited to see they now make their sef-tanner in a spray. This spray isn't the "mist" like Neutrogena's, it's a full-on aerosol spray, so applying can be a little tricky. As long as I spray into th air first, then keep my arms moving quickly around my legs and arms, this works beautifully. If I accidentally spray too much in one spot, I just rub it into my skin and it blends perfectly. This isn't a typical "gradual" tanner that gains color as the dihydroxyacetone (DHA) reacts with skin. While this does contain DHA for gradual color-building, it is in a base of liquid body bronzer containing optical diffusers. As a bronzer, this stains the skin, so color is instant, and present while the DHA goes to work. The bronze spray is a gorgeous color that resembles my natural tan more than any other tanner I've ever tried. It melts into skin, dries remarkably quickly, and gives skin a lovely silky appearance. It is much more even-toned than other self-tanners. When first sprayed, it looks very dark, but you can literally watch this fade as it sets. It doesn't streak, cake, or oxidize. It has a light, clean scent, but it doesn't have that pungent "foot odor" aroma so many self-tanners have.