Trader Joe's Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub

Trader Joe's Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub
Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub

4.4

WATER (AQUA), VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT, COLLOIDAL OATMEAL, CITRIC ACID, MALIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, STEARYL ALCOHOL, FLAVOR, POLYLACTIC ACID, VACCINIUM CORYMBOSUM (BLUEBERRY) SEED, EUTERPE OLERACEA (AÇAÍ) FRUIT EXTRACT, CETEARETH-20, CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBA (GUAR) GUM, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, LEUCONOSTOC/ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF/SORBUS AUCUPARIA FRUIT FERMENT FILTRATE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, ACACIA SENEGAL FLOWER/STEM EXTRACT, ADANSONIA DIGITATA (BAOBAB) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER EXTRACT.

on 3/29/2018 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Whoa! I like to try new things at TJ's since they're so inexpensive, and I was really blown away by this. I was expecting it to be a manual scrub, but it's more of a chemical exfoliator. There are a few gentle scrubbing particles, but it's the AHA's that do the work. I use it just like I would use any other scrub -- rub it into my face, neck, and chest for a couple of minutes. When I rinse it off I can't believe how smooth and glowing my skin looks. And it smells good enough to eat! It reminds me of an Emminence Organic product. This is a steal. I love it!

on 3/28/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

As has been previously mentioned, the main feature of this product is NOT exfoliation with beads, seeds, etc. There ARE some blueberry seeds, which are slightly annoying and don't do much, but this is still a really good product. It is very pleasant to use, because the smell is like fresh blueberries. It doesn't bother me that it's in a jar, as my hands are always clean when I open it. The jar is attractive, doesn't look like something from a grocery store! The acids in here are what do the work. I'm not sure how they do it, but my skin is always glowing afterwards. I use it 2 or 3 times a week, usually first thing in the morning--all by itself. I leave it on while I make coffee, and then rinse it off and moisturize. The price is right, and I love shopping at this store for many reasons!
I will repurchase when done.

on 3/20/2018 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I like the glass jar and tin top but the product was no good for my skin! Although this stuff smells so good jus like blueberry yogurt , it clogged my pores and made me break out really bad on my chin...it also has the weakest exfoliation beads (seeds) ever.., they tend to have a scratchy feeling

on 3/19/2018 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

HO

LY

EFF

This is AMAZING!! I honestly didn't believe it just from reviews alone (I've been misled before....) but I figured I'd grab it, it's really affordable. It does smell nice but you have to dip into the jar. I use a plastic cosmetic spatula for all of my jars anyway. When I first tried it, I was shocked at how 'unscrubby' it was. There's a few larger seeds and then there are some finer bits but not a lot of them. I actually tend to prefer liquid AHA's anyway, but I do occasionally use rice powder when I want a gentle micro exfoliant, and tend to avoid large particle scrubs. So at first, I was like pssshhh wth is this? BUUUUTTT.. then I noticed how smooth and nice my face looked and felt and re read the ingredients. There's a lot of good acids in there and none of them are ones I have issues with. I knew they were in there, but I didn't know how strong it was before I tried it. So basically, this is like a chemical exfoliant to me more than a manual "scrub" although there is a little of that too.

Honestly it's smart the scrub particles are few and farther between, since it already has the acid. I think that's why they call it a scrub, aside from the particles, because technically it exfoliates on both levels. I would normally say to avoid heavy scrubbing on the same day as acids but this is fairly mild. Word of warning though, although it's obvious to avoid your eyes, when your face is wet, this easily runs down and drips into your eyes and even just a teeny bit will burn a lot because of said acids. So be more careful than normal with that.

I will definitely buy this over and over. It's a great addition a few times a week! TJ's is really nailing affordable beauty lately.

on 3/11/2018 8:17:00 PM

Decent scrub, very gentle. But it's nothing spectacular.

It does a good job of polishing my skin, and the end results are that my complexion looks smoother and brighter.

Rinses off nicely and the blueberry scent is yummy.

This isn't a BAD product at all. But I prefer Clinique's Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser for my regular exfoliation (and Origins Modern Friction is also very good if you're looking for something more heavy-duty). For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

Overall, this is okay but not so impressive that I would buy it again.

on 2/19/2018 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I can't believe this is only 6 bucks! This could easily be sold by a company that makes lux skincare for $48.99. It doesn't seem to contain a large dose of glycolic acid, so it agrees with my skin. That being said, the product very effect and will definitely exfoliate your skin--I would categorize this as a medium strength acid treatment. The product has a strong scent, but it is of berries/fruit and doesn't come across as synthetic or perfume-y. There is a gentle warming sensation when the product is applied, but I didn't notice tingling or burning. I enjoy using this before masks because it removes the top layers of dead skin and allows the product to penetrate. The results are excellent: my skin glows for at least couple days, skincare is more effective, and makeup goes on like a dream. My only complaint is that the seeds are not necessary and could be harsh if rubbed into the skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My acne-prone/sensitive/combination skin loves this product! For the last 2 months, I’ve used it like a mask once a week for 5-7 minutes on damp skin, following cleansing. Otherwise, if you don’t dampen before application, the blueberry seeds might be too abrasive. The consistency is very creamy and thick, and it dries down like a clay mask would.

Yes, the seeds manually exfoliate to some extent, but the AHAs are the real stars of the show; specifically, lactic, polylactic, malic, and citric acids. It also includes colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, aloe, meadowfoam seed oil, and various plant extracts. I’ve used many similar exfoliants high in antioxidants, but my skin has never looked and felt healthier than it does now.

It comes in a 2-ounce frosted glass jar for $5.99. Such a steal, and smells heavenly... just like blueberry muffins!

Full ingredients:

on 10/27/2017 1:49:00 AM

So first of all... first time really exploring Trader Joe’s for anything other than their Triple Ginger cookies. Both my sister in law and boyfriend rave about the Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner line, so I went in for that, and happened to find this in the same aisle. I misread it and used it as a mask - a couple thin layers on for 30 min before scrubbing it in and washing off with warm water. The consistency is amazing - not uber goopy like some products, and it straight up smells like dessert. You don’t need to use a ton, either. I definitely will need to be using moisturizer after this, as it did dry my skin a bit, but I think I’m just dry in general during the fall. All in all, for a >$6 impulse buy.... I’ll probably go grab a couple more jars next week ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely texture and fruity scent! This left my skin noticeably brighter and softer without irritation or dryness. Bonus points for not breaking the bank either. I think I'll follow others and keep a couple on hand just in case. You don't need a lot so a jar will last me awhile and I only plan on using it once or twice a week. I make sure to use sunscreen after use as well.

on 7/26/2017 12:26:00 PM

I love this product! My skin already began to clear up and my face feels amazing!