3.6

$6.50 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

I had moderate acne, dark spots from acne, and oily skin. I decided to try The Ordinary. I started using 4 products: salicylic acid solution, niacinimide + zinc, 5% lactic acid, and ascorbyl glucoside. My regimen is Just facial wash then one of those serums. Nothing else. I use the niacinimide then salicylic acid in the day (I wash my face twice at daytime) and on alternate nights, the lactic acid and ascorbyl Glucoside Solution. In two weeks, I saw improvement in my skin. I’ve been using it for two months now. My skin is so much smoother, clearer, brighter, and less oily. I love these products. They are so effective yet very affordable.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

3 months ago

As I’m new to acids, I didn’t want to jump to high strength acids and this was perfect for beginners like me. It’s really really gentle but effective. However, after 7 months of using this, i feel like this might be too gentle for me. I won’t be repurchasing as i’ll be upgrading to 10% once my bottle is finished. A little advice: before starting on acids, please please please maintain a solid basic skincare routine (cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen) for at least three months. Otherwise, you’ll be risking your skin barrier to be compromised and i’ve seen this happen to many people.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0
from

8 months ago

It seems from reading these reviews that there's a wide variation in how people react to this product. As someone with sensitive and thin skin, this product gave me immediate results. However, I find it's too strong and I don't need it. -The first time I put it on for 1.5 hours until my face started to sting like the product was biting into my skin -my skin was indeed far smoother looking afterwards, but on going outside my skin was WAY more sensitive to the sun (this can't be good); and my ordinary face moisturizer started to sting when I put it on. This persisted for about two weeks; I assume this means damage to the skin moisture barrier, as I had this once before and it felt the same. I tried the product again a few times for only minutes at a time but got the same problem with stinging for days afterwards. My overall impression is that this product isn't necessary. There are milder exfoliants out there, such as Derma E's anti wrinkle cleanser - it's a glycolic cleanser that is mild enough to use every day. I am keeping in mind that the skin exfoliates itself... sometimes it can use a bit of help, but there can be too much a good thing.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

8 months ago

Probably the most pointless product I've ever used. It was as effective as putting water on my face.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

1.0
from

9 months ago

[FRUSTRATED HOWL] This did not agree with my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

9 months ago

I have sensitive skin prone to hyperpigmentation and breakouts. I wanted something to use in-between my retin-A applications to exfoliate my skin. Since retin-A thins out the skin it needed to be gentle though. I probably apply this in a way people would find strange... First some Matrixyl+HA from The Ordinary, then some marula oil all over, from the same company. Then 3-4 drops of this. I repeat this treatment every 3-4 days. Right after application, this stings mildly, but that's OK *IF* it lasts for maybe only 30 seconds. If it stings for longer, I know my skin is too thin and this will irritate it. As long as I follow my own rules for how to use this, I don't get any irritation though - just super smooth (texture and feel-wise) skin! :) This also helps with hyperpigmentation - My brown spots from acne disappear in half the time it usually takes. Overall, I really like it and it lasts me a really long time

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

Extremely gentle but surprisingly effective. This is a great acid serum for beginners. no irritation but tangible results. It has a medium consistency that rubs in very easily. I use five drops on my face and another 5 on my neck and chest. I found it very effective on rough textured skin and helping fade hyperpigmentation.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

10 months ago

This was perfect for my sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I was just beginning to use tretinoin. After a month or so, I started using this in the morning whenever I had some flakey skin. I found it worked well for removing flakey skin even though it is only 5%. I use it at least once per week and probably going to increase soon. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I'm not much of an acid user so for me, this actually worked really well. The texture of my skin got a lot smoother after using this every other day. I like that it's mild because I live in Australia where the sun is very strong. Some of the pitted scars I have already look so much better after a couple of weeks of use. My skin is less congested too. I like it a lot and will keep using it.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

3.0

a year ago

This product was my first experience with The Ordinary brand and I’m not disappointed. It was gifted to me but it’s sold cheaply and readily available so availability for repurchase won’t be a problem. I’ve been using this product twice a week for roughly 3 months now and the hyperpigmentation and acne marks on my skin have greatly improved. I can’t fully credit the improvement to this product alone as I’ve been using other things in conjunction, however, on nights I use it my skin is brighter the next morning. I enjoy using this as a part of my routine. It comes in the standard Deciem packaging with a dropper applicator. The product is very watery/runny and smells like tears but absorbs quickly and layers fine with other products. It does tingle a bit but after consistent use I haven’t experienced this. The 30ml bottle lasts a long time too. Overall, I’d repurchase but at a higher strength.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29