Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

This is definitely one of the best products out there. Good concentration of Matrixyl in two forms in a base of hyaluronic acid. What else could you ask for?

The only downside is that it is a bit sticky and can leave a bit of shine but if you apply something else afterwards, then it should resolve the issues.

Overall, I really like this product and it has science backing up its efficacy at the concentration listed on the bottle.

on 9/3/2018 4:00:00 PM

Love this. Great plumping serum!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product it's super affordable and it WORKS.
I have some horizontally lines on my neck- partly due to
genetics and also the ubiquitous "tech neck".
I put this matrixl peptide serum on my neck and the results
kicked in 1 month of everyday use -- patience, people!
I saw a gradual increase in my neck's elasticity, firmness and
therefore, diminished neck horizontal lines.

I love the consistency/ texture of this serum, it's not too emollient
nor drying, layers perfectly under-makeup and as a first skin-care
product on the face/neck/decollete either in the morning or night time.

on 8/6/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for about 6 weeks now in the a.m. as my first step. I find it very hydrating, slightly thicker than the Buffet serum. I use the Buffet with copper peptides in the p.m. as I don't find it as hydrating but use heavier products including oils at night which helps compensate. I am enjoying this Matrixyl serum. As others have pointed out, the benefits of peptides are more long term. In the meantime, I feel this serum is helping on my aging skin to combat dehydration. For the past two years, I had been using and benefiting from the Hylamide Sub Q anti-aging serum which is a more sophisticated cocktail than the serums offered by The Ordinary. But given I seem to go through the Hylamide every few months, and given the undeniably attractive price point of The Ordinary line I decided to try some of their other offerings as they have really been adding to their product line over the past while. I will probably repurchase this as I think it does a very good job in combination with other products.

on 8/4/2018 9:51:00 AM

On my second bottle. This is one of the few anti-wrinkle products that I find actually works next GA and AHA. I use this under my glycolic acid cream at night. I was struggling with dehydration lines and a couple wrinkles around the eyes. You literally notice a difference right away. The peptides and hyaluronic acid in this product plump, rehydrate and replenishes elasticity. I was having a makeover done at my local pharmacy and she could not believe I was 38 years old. She said my skin was taut and plump like a 24 year old. :)

The price is amazing for a product that works this well which makes purchasing a no brainer. Hope they don't discontinue or jack up the price when it becomes more popular.

on 7/28/2018 5:43:00 AM

This felt lovely on my skin and made my skin look even and lovely

But it broke me out every time I tried to use it l I can only use this on my neck 😞

Disappointing. I was looking for a cheaper option to replace Amazonia's rejuvenating moisturizer, which I love, but I already spend so much money on all their other products I wanted to find something cheaper with similar results. This is a serum, the other is an anti-aging moisturizer but they both have 10% matrixyl 3000 so I thought the results might be similar. This just didn't do anything for me. It felt like it didn't penetrate and after using the whole bottle I say no change, vs. the moisturizer which I felt like my skin was improving after less than a month. I don't know if it was all the other ingredients in the moisturizer that made the difference and matrixyl 3000 is not that great or what, but this served no purpose for me. The one plus is that it didn't break me out like a lot of The Ordinary's other products.

on 6/24/2018 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I didn't really think this was doing much until I stopped using it. I went through a bottle and didn't re-order, but after a couple of weeks I started seeing a lot more lines, so I re-ordered and my skin started plumping up in no time.

on 5/29/2018 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Since I’ve introduced Matrixyl + HA into my routine, I’ve completely done away with day creams and/or moisturisers. It’s truly excellent for aging skin and would recommend it to anyone starting to see lines and wrinkles.
My skin isn’t that bad for my age but I had 2 vertical frown lines on my forehead and one has gone. The other is less pronounced and I’m hoping it’s plumped too. I sometimes alternate it with granactive retinoid in squalane at night so that helps too. During the day all i add is a sun block and I’m good to go.
Anything but Ordinary!

on 5/15/2018 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this as part of my haul a long time ago. I was hoping it would plump the skin and give it some moisture. I have used it for quite some weeks as it is a peptide product, and I apply a good layer the skin.

PROS: Um, nothing? Slight moisture? Oh, It doesn't irritate my skin one bit though.

CONS: I feel this congests the skin. It's not like I dramatically broke out from it, but when I was using this regularly, my skin just didn't seem to clear up like it normally did when I did hydroxyl acids or masks. It was the line after pretty much clear skin to "something is wrong". I also feel that if you have a stressful life or don't get a lot of sleep, it does nothing that you can see or quick results. I've used it for quite a while, but I guess I'm young enough and it just doesn't blow my mind. That being said, I have been looking older recently so I thought this would help.

OTHER: Thicker consistency, like The Ordinary "Buffet" (regular version, not the copper peptide one). Applies best on damp skin so you can get some extra moisture with the HA.

OVERALL: I'm giving it a 2 because besides the congestion, it didn't do anything particularly bad or good for my skin, though the peptides should be doing something. I am using it up by watching the condition of my skin and stopping if I feel it's too much again.