Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

4.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I've been looking for an anti-aging product that doesn't cause irritation and sun sensitivity like retinoids can. This peptide serum has been very gentle to my skin and effective, too. I've been using 3 drops every night and after about 2 months have noticed a subtle softening of some fine lines on my forehead and under my eyes. It's not quite a miracle worker - I don't think I've noticed much difference on my laugh lines (yet). I've read that with peptides, it can take longer to see results compared to other ingredients like vitamin C, so I'll be patient! Overall, I'm really pleased with this and will continue to repurchase.

NOTE: I chose this over The Ordinary's Buffet because some of the peptides in Buffet have functions that I'm not fully comfortable with. The peptides in Matrixyl are supposed to help with wrinkles by stimulating collagen production (ingredients like vitamin C and retinoids also increase collagen production) while some of the Buffet peptides supposedly work in a Botox-like manner, relaxing facial muscles. I have read there is a *small possibility* that, since those targeted muscles are no longer moving as much as they used to, they *may* sag.

I realize that these peptides are likely not going to be anywhere as potent as the manufacturer claims. However, I am generally very cautious about which ingredients end up on my face and would rather stick with the ones that work by preventing and repairing damage, rather than potentially *causing* damage.

on 3/3/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had to give it a go, considering that my granddaughters genuine obsession for The Ordinary. The promise of 10% Matrixyl for less than the cost of a coffee, it's well-worth the gamble. At application, the consistency was stickier than most serums, but diminished some after 15 minutes and even more so after adding a layer of moisturizer. Although not a fan of droppers due to contamination risk, I persisted for twice daily for 3 days, when I threw in the towel seeing no visible improvements. This old girl's skin need a bit more help, so I prefer extra-ordinary. As it turns out, my granddaughters also prefer extra-ordinary skincare when Gammy is paying. :-)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product for my slightly aging, combo leaving to dry skin! I prefer the Buffet but this is a great supplement to that and when Buffet is out of my budget, grabbing this is helpful and more affordable. The texture of this is thicker than Buffet and I find you can use less of it to cover my entire face. It definitely plumps up the skin and leaves skin hydrated from the Hyaluronic Acid. Wrinkles and fine lines are smoothed out and the skin appears to glow. It goes on tacky and after about a half an hour, is completely absorbed into the skin. It doesn't pill for me as long as time is allowed for proper absorption of the product before applying other product or make up. Matrixyl is a peptide that works long term to improve collagen production. I have seen these results first hand using the serum daily for over 3-4 months. Upon first application, I saw and felt firmer, more plumped skin. The Buffet is my HG when it comes to these Ordinary serums for anti-aging as it also helps with my discoloration. The Matrixyl doesn't really even out my skin tone like Buffet does but the other benefits make this serum very worthwhile in my opinion.

on 11/21/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this! So plumping and Hydrating, prepares my dry skin for other products and make up in a really lovely way! I use this only in the morning instead of Hyaluronic Acid. My 11 is completely gone after just a small amount of product. Can highly recommend for all ladies looking for plumping effects!

on 11/11/2017 1:19:00 PM

I'm writing this review as a nice healthy angry zit develops on my forehead due to this product. I never break out on my forehead, so I know it's coming from this. As background, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and I've never found an anti-aging serum that works for me (though I am still trying). I'm still on the hunt since this zit is too painful to ignore, but this product may still work for you. I just felt that I needed to post this review to warn potential buyers who have sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. It's dirt cheap and effective. Though I still struggle with regular breakouts (very sensitive and acne prone skin) I am now nearly 26 and more focused on wrinkle prevention. I use this evening & morning (when I remember). It dries matte, and has honestly helped my skin. I use it under my eyes too with no issues. I will say I got a couple little zits on my forehead when I first used this but they subsided within a week. I will continue to purchase this. It's awesome.

Prior to this, I was using the Paula's Choice version of HA which was quite expensive for less than 1 ounce of product. I understand that you can't compare the two since the Paula's version has a lot more "good for you" ingredients and comes in a UV protected bottle, but I consider this under $10 one a great substitute and Paula's own Beautypedia team gave it a good review. I also used to buy cheap Amazon brands, but you never know what you get with those. The Ordinary one works great and doesn't break me out or causes me to get oily. It has a nice feel to it as well. Certainly a keeper.

on 9/6/2017 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive just started using it and been liking it so far. it doesnt irritate my skin and actually hydrates it which is surprising considering most face treatments i used in the past were very drying on my face. it's very cheap compared to most skincare products out there. will update after a few weeks of use to see if it works as the claims on the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried 4 products from the Ordinary and this is the best one. It literally plumps my skin instantly. Love the gel like consistency, not too thick, not too thin. It absorbs instantly and makes my skin feel so soft. I will definitely repurchase. And the price is right!

on 5/2/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just ordred again. I love this stuff. I use it twice a day all over my face and around the eye area. My skin is just looking so much younger, bouncier and healthy and smooth. I use this in the morning along side the agireline serum, niacinamide and alpha arbutin and it has changed the look of my skin , so much that other people notice.
Strangely I go through this stuff quicker than the Alpha Arbutin but I think it's because it has a bit of a thicker consistency.

Popular Face Skincare Products