Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Disappointing. I was looking for a cheaper option to replace Amazonia's rejuvenating moisturizer, which I love, but I already spend so much money on all their other products I wanted to find something cheaper with similar results. This is a serum, the other is an anti-aging moisturizer but they both have 10% matrixyl 3000 so I thought the results might be similar. This just didn't do anything for me. It felt like it didn't penetrate and after using the whole bottle I say no change, vs. the moisturizer which I felt like my skin was improving after less than a month. I don't know if it was all the other ingredients in the moisturizer that made the difference and matrixyl 3000 is not that great or what, but this served no purpose for me. The one plus is that it didn't break me out like a lot of The Ordinary's other products.

on 6/24/2018 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I didn't really think this was doing much until I stopped using it. I went through a bottle and didn't re-order, but after a couple of weeks I started seeing a lot more lines, so I re-ordered and my skin started plumping up in no time.

on 5/29/2018 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Since I’ve introduced Matrixyl + HA into my routine, I’ve completely done away with day creams and/or moisturisers. It’s truly excellent for aging skin and would recommend it to anyone starting to see lines and wrinkles. My skin isn’t that bad for my age but I had 2 vertical frown lines on my forehead and one has gone. The other is less pronounced and I’m hoping it’s plumped too. I sometimes alternate it with granactive retinoid in squalane at night so that helps too. During the day all i add is a sun block and I’m good to go. Anything but Ordinary!

on 5/15/2018 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this as part of my haul a long time ago. I was hoping it would plump the skin and give it some moisture. I have used it for quite some weeks as it is a peptide product, and I apply a good layer the skin.

PROS: Um, nothing? Slight moisture? Oh, It doesn't irritate my skin one bit though.

CONS: I feel this congests the skin. It's not like I dramatically broke out from it, but when I was using this regularly, my skin just didn't seem to clear up like it normally did when I did hydroxyl acids or masks. It was the line after pretty much clear skin to "something is wrong". I also feel that if you have a stressful life or don't get a lot of sleep, it does nothing that you can see or quick results. I've used it for quite a while, but I guess I'm young enough and it just doesn't blow my mind. That being said, I have been looking older recently so I thought this would help.

OTHER: Thicker consistency, like The Ordinary "Buffet" (regular version, not the copper peptide one). Applies best on damp skin so you can get some extra moisture with the HA.

OVERALL: I'm giving it a 2 because besides the congestion, it didn't do anything particularly bad or good for my skin, though the peptides should be doing something. I am using it up by watching the condition of my skin and stopping if I feel it's too much again.

One reviewer said that she used the product twice a day for 3 days and since no difference was noticed, threw in the towel. You MUST do your homework on the products. Matrixyl is for LONG TERM USE....results begin to be noticed at 6 months with the full effect 12-18 months of use. I've been using it for about 7 months and at being 65, am thrilled with the results. But...you have to be realistic in your expectations....I"M 65 so no miracles for this Goddess. Deciem stands by their product and have a 365 day return policy. I highly recommend this company and this matrixyl...but give it time!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Warning to those with reactive, clog prone skin: this contains castor oil which is comedogenic. This was moisturizing but caused little whiteheads and blackheads, which evetually became pimples in the area of use (I know it must be this product because I only tested it on one side of the face).

I like some of their other products, but this one was a fail for me.

Edit: May 2018 However, not to waste it, I am now trying it out on my neck, where I never get acne. We'll see what happens.

on 4/27/2018 8:56:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product to help with the appearance of fine lines and to help plump and firm my skin. I introduced this product amongst a few other things into my routine a few months ago and developed a bad acne breakout a few weeks later that took a month to heal and clear up. I NEVER breakout that badly, just the odd pimple here and there. and never in the area that it happened in. After stopping all products and clearing things up, I decided to re-introduce each product one at a time to see which was the culprit. This- the matrixyl and HA- was it. After a few weeks of use I started getting small bumps and clogged pores on my forehead (my forehead is always clear, never get pimples or clogged pores there). The pores on my cheeks became very clogged and dilated. One of the bumps on my forehead turned into an active zit and hung around for a month. I stopped using the product and my skin cleared up and haven't had an issue since! I think this product does what it says- my skin did appear my plump and supple. It hydrated well. However, the acne it causes isn't worth it. Now I just use it around my eyes only.

I've been looking for an anti-aging product that doesn't cause irritation and sun sensitivity like retinoids can. This peptide serum has been very gentle to my skin and effective, too. I've been using 3 drops every night and after about 2 months have noticed a subtle softening of some fine lines on my forehead and under my eyes. It's not quite a miracle worker - I don't think I've noticed much difference on my laugh lines (yet). I've read that with peptides, it can take longer to see results compared to other ingredients like vitamin C, so I'll be patient! Overall, I'm really pleased with this and will continue to repurchase.

NOTE: I chose this over The Ordinary's Buffet because some of the peptides in Buffet have functions that I'm not fully comfortable with. The peptides in Matrixyl are supposed to help with wrinkles by stimulating collagen production (ingredients like vitamin C and retinoids also increase collagen production) while some of the Buffet peptides supposedly work in a Botox-like manner, relaxing facial muscles. I have read there is a *small possibility* that, since those targeted muscles are no longer moving as much as they used to, they *may* sag.

I realize that these peptides are likely not going to be anywhere as potent as the manufacturer claims. However, I am generally very cautious about which ingredients end up on my face and would rather stick with the ones that work by preventing and repairing damage, rather than potentially *causing* damage.

on 3/3/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had to give it a go, considering that my granddaughters genuine obsession for The Ordinary. The promise of 10% Matrixyl for less than the cost of a coffee, it's well-worth the gamble. At application, the consistency was stickier than most serums, but diminished some after 15 minutes and even more so after adding a layer of moisturizer. Although not a fan of droppers due to contamination risk, I persisted for twice daily for 3 days, when I threw in the towel seeing no visible improvements. This old girl's skin need a bit more help, so I prefer extra-ordinary. As it turns out, my granddaughters also prefer extra-ordinary skincare when Gammy is paying. :-)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product for my slightly aging, combo leaving to dry skin! I prefer the Buffet but this is a great supplement to that and when Buffet is out of my budget, grabbing this is helpful and more affordable. The texture of this is thicker than Buffet and I find you can use less of it to cover my entire face. It definitely plumps up the skin and leaves skin hydrated from the Hyaluronic Acid. Wrinkles and fine lines are smoothed out and the skin appears to glow. It goes on tacky and after about a half an hour, is completely absorbed into the skin. It doesn't pill for me as long as time is allowed for proper absorption of the product before applying other product or make up. Matrixyl is a peptide that works long term to improve collagen production. I have seen these results first hand using the serum daily for over 3-4 months. Upon first application, I saw and felt firmer, more plumped skin. The Buffet is my HG when it comes to these Ordinary serums for anti-aging as it also helps with my discoloration. The Matrixyl doesn't really even out my skin tone like Buffet does but the other benefits make this serum very worthwhile in my opinion.

Popular Face Skincare Products