La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

4.3

Aqua/Water/Eau (La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water),​ Glycerin​,​ Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate​,​ Propylene Glycol​,​ Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate​,​ Polysorbate 60​,​ Ceramide NP​,​ Niacinamide​,​ Sodium Chloride​,​ Coco-Betaine​,​ Disodium EDTA​,​ Caprylyl Glycol​,​ Panthenol​,​ T-Butyl Alcohol,​ Tocopherol​.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This became my favorite cleanser from the get go. I ended up getting it upon discovering the brand at my local cvs. I have sensitive-combination skin: Dry sensitive everywhere but prone to blackheads on nose. I don’t use extensive makeup because I kind of don’t have to but I do use sunscreen and will occasionally do a heavier makeup look for a party or something. I use this mainly as my second cleanser following my cleansing oil. I always use an oil blend to remove my sunscreen and lip makeup. This does it well without leaving a single bit of residue. My skin has improved so much since using it. It is calmer and brighter. I haven’t done a pH test on it yet but I think it might be a very balanced pH. My skin honestly feels soothes and fresh and the product feels so luxurious. I sometimes use it as body wash and I’m truly in love with it. Highly recommend it. Thanks to this introduction to LRP I will test the other cleansers in the line but will always be buying this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this one after many months of using CeraVe Hydrating cleanser. I love both cleansers. Like CeraVe, this one will probably not remove tenacious makeup (light makeup it does remove OK) but what you can do is use it after a micellar water or an oil to remove remaining residue and treat your skin. It is very gentle. If I had to choose, I prefer the CeraVe because this one stings your eyes *slightly* while the CeraVe does not at all, but I really find them pretty interchangeable. Buy whichever one is on sale.

on 3/8/2019 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Amazing cleanser. I use it as the second step in makeup removal after a balm or oil cleanser. I will certainly repurchase. Non scented, beautiful texture and balancing (not greasy but hydrating).

on 3/4/2019 11:52:00 AM

This is a non-foaming cleanser that comes in a huge pump dispenser, which makes it overall more affordable.

It feels like a slippery lotion on your face, and seems quite gentle, with no offensive stinging, fragrance, or stripping sensation. However, I am not sure that it would be great to clean all of your MU and WP sunscreen in one single use. I would assume a double cleansing would be required and even so, I am not sure it would succeed at taking everything off without using a washcloth. Anyway, I normally use a cleansing oil or balm before, so this cleanser is to get rid of the oil residue that has not rinsed off with water.

It is affordable and gentle, so I think it’s a good investment. I also have a CeraVe foaming cleanser when I need a deeper cleanse.

on 10/22/2018 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I expected this to be a dupe for the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser but I find this formulation to be simultaneously less emollient and less irritating. My skin was able to tolerate this cleanser even when I had a severely damaged moisture barrier. Yes it's boring, but it's efficient and doesn't piss my crotchety skin off. The initial price can seem steep for a drugstore purchase, but the nearly half-a-liter bottle lasts forever. I don't see any reason to stray away!

on 10/20/2018 2:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this as it’s simple and meant to be non irritating, but it can really sting - especially my eyes area. I even tested it against the dermo cleanser by putting both on a cotton pad and applying to each eye.. and there is definitely something in this that burns (even if I wet my face first). It doesn’t dry the skin out or cause breakouts and it doesn’t leave a residue. Again, it is also fairly cheap on Europe and somewhat readily available. I prefer the Avène cleansers or the Cerave hydrating cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very sensitive skin. Most of my skin care products come from a dermatologist, even shampoo. There's almost nothing I can buy from a regular supermarket, except for La Roch Posay Micellar Water.
This super gentle works very well for me. It doesn't make me break out at all. This is amazing. I've finally found something I can buy from a pharmacy!
I use it as a double cleanser, after the Micellar Water. It cleans better than Cetaphil. Leaves my skin feeling soft, without any irritating scents. I don't know if it's because they are from the name brand, but the 2 items seem to work well for me.
I've been using it for a few months now. I still feel very good about it. Will definitely buy it again.

on 9/14/2018 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found this very large bottle at CVS for $15 which is less than half the price of spa cleanser I was using. I've been using with Foreo for several weeks. If I need to remove a full face make up (which frankly isn't often) I use L'Occitan oil cleanser first, then this cleanser with my foreo scrubber. So far no reaction and my skin is clean soft and smooth. It's doesn't foam which I like, my 57 year old skin seems to prefer cream cleansers and no gritty exfoliators. I wasn't too happy with all the ingredients in this which is why I took off one hippie. My spa cleanser ingredient list was much smaller and the first ingredient was aloe. I will see how long bottle lasts and if current results continue but would probably repurchase as paying almost $40 for facial cleanser is getting old. My finicky skin doesn't take change very well. Pump does work very well bonus points. This size bottle will probably last me six month as I use 1/2 a pump morning and night.
Update Jan 2019 Same bottle going strong twice a day use, my skin is much nicer, wallet happier as well.

I have incredibly sensitive, dehydrated, and reactive skin but needed a good cleanser since Avene products strip my skin of moisture. I picked up this cleanser after seeing how many positive reviews it received. The first couple days, my skin was fine. It wasn't stripped of moisture after I washed it and made my skin super soft. I thought I finally found a cleanser that was gentle enough for my face. After a couple days, my face was red and raw, especially on my chin and under my eyes and nose. I haven't switched up my routine so it has to be this cleanser. It also burned a bit when I washed my face. I can't figure out what ingredient in this cleanser is causing it but I'm really disappointed.

on 7/24/2018 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Since getting older, my skin has become much drier. I was using a gel cleanser, but I think it may have been stripping my skin. I wear moisturizer, serum and a tinted moisturizer (by Chanel), not a lot of makeup. I typically wash twice and it does get everything off. I live in an extremely dry climate, Denver, Colorado. I have only been using this since Sunday (today is Tuesday), but so far I love it. The packaging is incredible, easiest pump I have ever used, closes easily as well. I really hope this continues to work, as it is one half the price of my gel. I would highly recommend to anyone with dry, mature or normal skin. I will update soon. No more waking up with tight skin. :)\
UPDATE: It has been 3 weeks and I am still loving this cleanser. This is for mature skin on the drier side. I would not recommend if you are oily, as I used to be. :)