ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by eye Color : Black
No Image

3.6

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/19/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell so much and my SO does too. It's very strong when I put it on but disappears completely not long after. It's average in moisturizing but I don't need that much moisture from a body lotion, only my hands and other small patches. It performs just like any other lotion and I don't think it's worth getting just for the smell, considering how poor the lasting power is and how expensive that little tub is for a lotion. It does leave my skin feeling smooth. Nice for not so cold months.

on 3/20/2008 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this. i got this as a gift from my neice and it smells so great. i live in a hot country so the scent is just refreshing. it also has glimmer in it so your legs look sexy when you slather some on. i love the packaging since i can bring it anywhere and i love that it's in a container that isn't messy and won't encourage bacterial growth.

on 6/12/2007 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a 100ml "sample" bottle from origins online. It was a promotion back then. I like the texture and smell. I used it majorly last winter. I noticed it kept my skin really soft and smooth. Amazing. Not it is running out, but I don't plan to buy. :) because I found other equally good body lotions/butter at cheaper price.

on 11/14/2005 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this scent! Itís got super moisturizing effects and is very silky on the skin. If you love ginger/apricot with crisp and clean notes of eucalyptus/clove, this is incredible! I wish this was less expensive. I am layering it with the Origins Ginger Eccence Inetensify fragrance for longer staying power. I wish I could swim in it!

Ingredient Listing (for those with skin sensitivities): water purified, orange blossoms, myrtle, chamomile, apricot kernel oil, butylene glycol, cardamom, coriander, eucalyptus, ginger, clove buds, distilled lime, sweet Valencia orange, italian bergamot zest, grapefruit and lemon essential oils, olive oil, peg 100 stearate, octyl hydroxystearate, potassium stearate, glyceryl stearate, grape seed oil, rice bran oil, tribehenin, caprylic/capric/stearic triglyceride, squalane, emulsifying wax nf, bis-diglyceryl, poly-acylapidate 2, stearyl alcohol, isostearic acid, dimethicone, potassium carbomer, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben

Ginger Souffle has been my long-standing staple due to the fragrance, it is such a soothing combination of tart citrus top and mellow spicy base note. The cream itself is nothing extraordinary, it's quite thin I must say and not at all moisturizing. However, the fragrance lingers and so far I've found nothing close compare to this, not even their Body Spray/EDT Ginger Essence.

Nothing special with the packaging either, the price is a bit expensive for the quality of the product itself. Origins surely knows how to market to women and appeal to their taste of fragrance. continued >>

on 11/10/2003 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really nice texture and I love the smell in the jar, but the scent fades out way too quickly once it's applied. With more staying power it might be worth the price, but not as it stands.

on 7/6/2003 7:59:00 AM

Much too citrusy. The smell is over-powering; my boyfriend nearly keeled over. I don't find it very moisturizing and the jar is a bit cumbersome to open and close, especially if your hands are small and slippery. I only bought it because Oprah uses it. I admit I like that it's whipped!

Popular Lotions / Creams