ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

I really like the ginger perfume by Origins, so I bought a set with the shower gel and the cream. Unfortunately for me, the cream does almost nothing in terms of moisturization. I think maybe there is too much fragrance in the cream for it to be moisturizing, but I always have to layer on extra cream afterwards. Other than that, I love the scent and I like how the packaging is made of a flexible plastic (that you can take a lot of the air out of) to save space.

on 2/21/2011 9:04:00 PM

You have to smell it yourself to decide if you like the scent; that's just personal preference. I LOVE it and so does my husband. So we're happy!

As a reference point for the fragrance the following essential oils are ingredients:
-ginger
-sweet orange
-bergamont
-grapefruit
-lemon

So we're talking concentrated citrus/spicy fragrance. Based off of some others' reviews, that's not everyone's cup o tea. But hey, I hate Chanel no5 and every other florally, sugary VS perfume that dominates that market. Different strokes for different folks.

As for function, the product is perfect for winter dry skin on my legs and elbows. I use it on my legs after I shave and then I go to bed. It's very moisturizing. I have used it for the past 5 years, every winter. I will keep using it.

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

on 9/4/2009 1:32:00 AM

Generally I hate the smell of ginger-fragranced products but this one is simply just too good! I love the way the ginger-citrus smell lingers but is not over-powering. One gripe though, its humid here and the souffle does cause my skin to get a bit sticky when I go outdoors during lunchtime. Other than that, it is really great for the office airconditioning, gets rid of my flaky elbow problem.

I love the light scent and the texture is easily spreadable. I read that this smell is an aphrodisiac. My boyfriend doesn't like most fragrances I wear. We'll see how this works!
UPDATE: My room is in the basement of our house and there is terrible circulation. The scent of this cream is so strong and as the day goes on, it starts to STINK!!! My boyfriend thought a cat peed in our room during the day. We don't have a cat.

on 10/3/2007 9:09:00 PM

i received this for free as a sample. it smells amazing and its super nice.

on 8/1/2007 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for years. LOVE it. And hubby loves it!!! Interesting smell, maybe not for everyone, but it moistrurizes wonderfuly, and I can't get enough of the smell. Have it in the bubble bath too. Way to expensive, but a tub does last me a crazy long time!!!

on 6/29/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The lotion's ok, but the smell is too medicine-y for my taste.

on 1/12/2007 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sister gave this to me and I like the texture, but not the smell. It reminds me of sushi.

on 1/11/2007 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love the scent! I actually got this free after buying $75 of other items. I would only repurchase it for the smell and not its moisturizing properties. Anyways, the smell do fade after a couple hours but its a really refreshing, uplifting, energizing smell. LOVE the scent.... ahhhh.