ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

I really like the ginger perfume by Origins, so I bought a set with the shower gel and the cream. Unfortunately for me, the cream does almost nothing in terms of moisturization. I think maybe there is too much fragrance in the cream for it to be moisturizing, but I always have to layer on extra cream afterwards. Other than that, I love the scent and I like how the packaging is made of a flexible plastic (that you can take a lot of the air out of) to save space.

on 1/10/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ginger essence is a strong scent - but its better as a souffle - nice texture and a gingery-lemony bite. Not too harsh. Not a HG but OK for a while. Good in the winter.

on 2/21/2011 9:04:00 PM

You have to smell it yourself to decide if you like the scent; that's just personal preference. I LOVE it and so does my husband. So we're happy!

As a reference point for the fragrance the following essential oils are ingredients:
-ginger
-sweet orange
-bergamont
-grapefruit
-lemon

So we're talking concentrated citrus/spicy fragrance. Based off of some others' reviews, that's not everyone's cup o tea. But hey, I hate Chanel no5 and every other florally, sugary VS perfume that dominates that market. Different strokes for different folks.

As for function, the product is perfect for winter dry skin on my legs and elbows. I use it on my legs after I shave and then I go to bed. It's very moisturizing. I have used it for the past 5 years, every winter. I will keep using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I use this body cream I automatically feel healthier, like the ginger is reinvigorating my senses and suddenly my metabolism is awakening! Hahah! This is true though, at first I thought the scent was a little too pungent and I'm sure it's not to everyone's tastes. But not being a sugary, sweet, cakey kind of person myself this scent really warmed to me. Although I sound like I am reviewing some kind of perfume here there is also much to be said for the moisturizing properties of this product! The cream is rich in skin-nourishing oils and after a couple days of using this product I can really feel a difference! When I apply the product it only takes 30 seconds, up to a minute, to settle in to my skin and then I am not left with a sticky residue, as I have read in some other reviews, but a velvety smooth, sleek finish. It is one of the only moisturizers where I can really, truly feel the difference in my skin's texture, appearance and overall well-being in a matter of days. I am truly a convert and will no longer be lusting after the sickly sweet, Palmer's Cocoa Butter, or Laura Mercier's Body Creams but for the gingery, heavenly, fresh Origins Ginger Souffle.... My only disappointment with this product is that the tubs aren't bigger! Where is the large, pump bottle for this product Origins? I always seem to run out as soon as I've bought it! I will be on your case over this one!!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Origins ginger products. The smell is absolutely magnificent! And the lotion has a great light non greasy feel. If your prone to dry skin, however, it may leave something to be desired for your thirsty skin. It's really better for summer or those you don't need to much moister. And I don't really like the packaging. I prefer easy to handle tubes or a nice pump dispenser instead of a big awkward tub. Overall though, I love it! The smell is fantastic and it feels great.

on 6/8/2009 9:20:00 PM

The smell of this product is incredible. Combined with the Ginger Essence is just great! It is super moisturizing. I apply it all over after a shower in the early morning, and it smells all day long. I would definitely buy this product again if I run out. The smell is absolutely great!

on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love the smell! But I am having a hard time finding out why I paid so much money for it. I really wanted it because my best friend used to use it in high school, and I wanted it ever since. The texture is interesting. I never had a body butter or souffle, so this was new to me. It does not feel greasy or anything but I am still debating whether or not it is very moisturizing. I think it is quite luxurious, but the scent does not last very long, so that is a bit frustrating. I think it is a nice lotion/moisturizer whatever, but definitely not worth the price. It is not like you just use a dot and you are set, so you will use this up quicke than you thought if you are an avid applier. If it was cheaper, I would think about purchasing it again, but I doubt that will ever happen, and since I have gone "green" with my body products, I am fine using jojoba oil or whatever.

on 8/11/2008 7:24:00 AM

I bought this to go with the ginger essence as I'm a great believer in layering. I love the ginger fragrance in the essence and this does carry over into the souffle. It has quite a lot of fragrance in it - the bathroom smells heavenly after I've used it. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long though.
As a body lotion it's not very moisturizing and that's my main gripe about it although I would buy it again just for the fragrance. It's like a fairly thin hand cream whereas I prefer something of the consistency of a body butter. It's quite expensive too if you want to slather it on - which there is a tendency to do in order to get more moisturizing out of it.

I got my hands on a very small size of this. I tried it for the zingy fresh smell of it. Warning-this is heavily fragranced. I would say that is works okay as far as lotions go, and is moderate in its moisturizing abilities. Once I applied it to my skin, is was not what I imagined, however. It has an astringent property that bothered my nose. My bf thought I smelled like bathroom cleaner and I had to agree. The ginger spiciness was nice but the citrus notes were too sharp and unnatural smelling to my nose.

I also think it was very overpriced for what it did for my skin. One positive is it did not give me a rash, which many lotions do. I would recommend trying it on your skin before buying rather than only sniffing the tester.

on 5/9/2008 10:58:00 AM

One of my all time favorite lotions in feel and scent. I got a Origins Ginger gift basket for my birthday 12 years ago and have been hooked ever since. The souffle is quite thick and moisturizing .

Popular Lotions / Creams