3.8

$20.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

Decided to try it after being recommended by a Youtuber I like. Works fine, I use it with a lush lip scrub before bed and I never wake up with chapped lips! Not sure if I would repurchase though, it is quite expensive but lasts a long time

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

It's essentially an expensive lip balm... The texture is very thick and slippery, it's easy enough to get a decent amount on the lips but its staying power is terrible, there's no way this lasts overnight on me. The smell is nice, subtle berry scent, but in terms of hydration and exfoliation it really doesn't do a whole lot. Used at night on dry, slightly flaky lips, I'll wake in the morning to find absolutely no difference than the night before. Immediately after applying it feels ok, doesn't cause any itching or sensitivities, nothing special. But I expected something more as it's not exactly the cheapest stuff out there. Nivea lip butter works better, I find.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Ah this is a funny one. I purchased this product thinking "mask" = ridiculously hydrating, and this was very disappointed after a few uses. But there's a turnaround to this story. After getting over the initial disappointment, I figured I'd used a chunk out of this, so may as well continue. I've used this nightly pretty much ever since I got it maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I slather it on my lips, and just on and over the pipeline before I go to bed. Now do I wake up with plump, full, luxuriously soft and silky lips like i assumed? No. But it does a great job of healing the lips. Winter has pretty much hit full force where I live in Australia, and even though it isn't as cold as some other places in the world, if you arent used to the cold it can still take its toll on the body. Recently I stopped using this lip balm at night. Within a the last week or 2, I've gone through a very stressful time in my life. When I'm stressed or have anxiety I tend to lick my lips, which causes the outer edges of my lips to split and the rest of my skin to become dry and irritated around the border. I've just started using this again, and while the effects aren't instantaneous, after a few days my lips are as good as new, and I can wear lipsticks and glosses without it looking yuck. So summarised below: Pros: *sweet berry scent *not beeswax based (this is a pro for me personally) * plenty of product in the tub * not too expensive considering the amount *cute pink packaging * heals poor lips Cons * isn't as hydrating as I'd hoped. Something marketed as a sleeping mask, one would generally assume that there would be more benefits as opposed to a regular balm * tub is cumbersome, but it isn't marketed to be a daily balm * not super easily available * packaging is in a tub, which some find unhygienic

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Kinky, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Best lip product I've tried. Leaves my lips soft with no cracks or flakes. Stays on all night, but is comfortable and doens't have a strong taste/scent. I received a GWP size and it lasted me 2 months. Sadly, I won't be able repurchase since it's not cruelty free.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

from

2 years ago

Best lip teatment ever. My dry lips are gone. I can wear lipstick throu the day no problem. My lips dont peel or crack since using this. 100% recommend. Wish it also came in squeeze tube. Definetly a HG.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I got this after reading rave reviews about it online. I was looking for a deep moisturising lip balm to use at night before going to bed, particuarly designed to help tackle severe dryness which I especially suffer with during the cold winter months. The mask applies nicely and goes on smoothly but it doesn't sink into the lips. Instead it forms a kind of barrier on top of the lips, helping to lock in moisture overnight. I use the small spatular that came with it for application, as I've found trying to apply this with my finger can be quite messy. Although this does leave my lips feeling softer in the morning, the results haven't been as spectacular as I was expecting given all the positive reviews online. It's also really pricey for what it is and in all honesty I don't think I'll be repurchasing when my pot ends, as you can get regular lip balms that are much cheaper which do a better job.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I don’t know what it is but this dries out my lips. I love the smell though

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This is a really nice lip balm. It feels wonderful and smells amazing. The mask leaves my lips in great shape. It comes in a 20 gram pot which will last for months. I would prefer a tube though.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

I’ve had my eye on this product for a while. I even put it on my Christmas list along with the water sleeping mask. I received the water sleeping mask for Christmas, but not the lip sleeping mask. Fortunately, I had racked up enough points at Sephora to buy a sample of it. The sample is very generously sized; I wouldn’t believe it was a sample if I didn’t know any better. I’ve been using it since I got it a couple months ago and I still have a lot left. Props to Sephora/Laneige for providing a decent amount of product in this sample. Like a lot of other reviewers, I use this as a normal lip balm. It’s fairly moisturizing, has a light strawberry scent, and has a pleasant texture, but it’s nothing to write home about. It doesn’t work any wonders for my lips, it just gives them a little hydration. I wouldn’t purchase this at the full price, but I will use up the sample. It’s a nice product, just not worth $20. I have $3 lip balms that work infinitely better than this.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

Not a good mask or balm. Goes on kind of greasy and oily and then sinks into skin and disappears. Makes my lips feel smooth but not hydrated , if that makes sense. I can't rely on this to moisturize at all. Will say that I appreciate the spatula , with it's own cute little envelope (!), that it comes with for sanitary application and the jar is pretty to look at. Waste of money. Won't buy again. EDIT 3/29/19 So I kept using this and found that after the first 1/4 inch of the mask was used the product under that was working more in the hydration department. So this is NOW working for my lips. Good product (!) but still not sure I'd buy again. I find that lanolin based products, or straight up lanolin like Lanisoh, work best for deep hydration that lasts. EDIT 5/30/19 Ok, so I tried this out again for a week or so and noticed that the product changed. What I mean is that I think that there was something different about the top layer of the mask because the more I use it and get deeper into the pot the product works better. It could be that there was some separation of ingredients in shipping or maybe they put a coating on the top of the mask before closing the jar? I don't know. All I know is that after about a 1/4 inch of the top of the mask has been swiped off the product under that works great. So I'm still on the fence if I'd buy again since again lanolin has been the best and deepest moisturizer I've found so far for my lips. But still this was nice to try and see what all the hoopla was about. I'll put a yes for buy again because maybe I'd like to try one of the other flavors. Good product.

About reviewer (647 reviews)

Age36-43