3.8

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I actually ordered this accidentally online, I meant to order the Water Sleeping Mask but when it arrived I figured I would try it out since I enjoy the other product. I typically put old school, inexpensive Aquaphor on my lips at night, and I have to say that it is much more effective than the Laneige (and also comes in a hygiene friendly tube as opposed to a pot). As determined as I was to use all of the product since I could not return it I had to switch back to Aquaphor after a week because my lips were just too dry. It does have a lovely consistency and nice scent, so it is much more luxurious to apply but unfortunately the results were inferior for me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Amazing miracle product. My lips were peely, dry and flaking. I couldn’t get my lipstick on without chunks of it falling off. I put this on my lips and moisture was instantly restored. Within a minute my lips were smooth, hydrated, and I could put my lipstick back on to head out for the night. Very happy with my purchase.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

We've had a mild winter here in California but for some reason my lips have just been so thirsty, though I drink water constantly. I bought this from Sephora as I thought an intense mask might do the trick. I use it a couple times a week and had no skin reactions to it. Pros- Easy to put on, the actual product is very creamy. I love the little spatula it comes with I do wake up to soft, supple lips Cons--The effects of the mask wear off once teeth are brushed or I eat something so I have to follow up with chapstick or vaseline I like the product but not enough to purchase again.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0
from

2 years ago

The horror.. the horror! Where do I begin with this one?? This glorified Vaseline product is all kinds of baffling and, frankly, bad. First of all, the majority of its components are pigments and fragrant compounds. Why? It's a night time product. Oh, you can wear it during the day, too? But it has some irritants (the aforementioned fragrance and some of the pigments), that will increase skin's photosensitivity, yet no SPF.. Sooo... ? The rest of the ingredients are a mish-mash of emollients and fillers, a couple of film forming agents. But most importantly -- it contains alcohol, a very potent irritant that also actually makes skin dryer. There is absolutely nothing about this product to justify the ridiculously high price tag. I got a generous sample at Sephora, so at least I didn't have to shell out the wad of cash it would require to purchase it, but upon application it started legit burning my lips almost right away. I had to take it off, it was unbearable. All of that, AND it comes in the least hygenic and the most messy packaging imaginable. Just NO. I get far superior results from putting Aquafor over my RoC lipbalm at night. Or even just Aquafor on its own! Or even Vaseline on its own is better! None of that synthetic smelling burning nonsense with an overinflated price tag.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

I woke up with supple and smooth lip, but it only lasts for few hours before it starts to dry up again. It does a good job just like the staple Lucas Papaw Ointment, which is wayyyyy cheaper than this product.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

although it is a bit pricey or a lip mask, but i'll re-purchase this product again. i reaallyyy love this lip mask. i always use this at night if i want to use matte lipstick on the next day. sometimes, i use this as a lip balm on day time too, i just don't use it as much as i use it before i go to sleep.. i do really think this worth the hype and the value of the money :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I don't really like it. So I slather it on to use it up quickly. When it's packed on really thick it makes me sorta like it. I guess that's some kind of winning. I never buy again because there's too much out there to try. pawpaw ointment is next, for example. Or Eve Lom or Tatcha or RMS. Too much in this world; not enough time

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This may be the best lip balm I ever bought. I got it on a whim at the Aritaum shop in Las Vegas but now my local Sephora has it. It's very thick and soothing, with a delicious subtle fruity scent. It may seem a bit pricey but there's quite a lot in the container. It even comes with a little silicone spatula for the germaphobes out there. One thing to keep in mind: as the package says, it's really meant for nighttime as it's too thick to wear during the day under/over lip color.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

So, seeing the mixed bag of reviews, I was hesitant about getting this product. I'd used BITE's Agave lip balm which was fine but overpriced and was using Vaseline which was fine and properly priced. As you can tell, lip moisturizers just don't do enough to get me excited. That being said, I've used Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask and Yogurt Mask and was pleased so I decided to get a sample from Sephora (main reason why I can't really make a comment on its packaging. Hey MUA! Maybe you can make an option to allow reviewers to indicate they had a sample!). I had very low expectations, I don't have really dry lips in the winter but I noticed that if I went to sleep with them bare vs. if I put something on them (even Vaseline or chapstick), they seemed plumper. I liked the texture and taste, it was light and smooth but very hydrating. I also liked that it made a noticeable difference, just slightly but my lips stayed plump longer throughout the day. I would alternate nights, switching with the Vaseline in order to compare results and it was clear that this worked better for me. Once I finish the sample (which, thank you Sephora, has lasted me a couple of weeks!!) I will definitely go back and repurchase. I don't know if I will continue into the summer time...but it is a must have for me in the winter.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

Overpriced rip off. This company is taking everyone for a ride! $24 CAD at Sephora. Gave multiple tries but returned. Left my lips feeling super weird and uncomfortable, and only once did it stay on until morning like it says. I get even better results from my $5 Skinfix lip balm. Can apply at night and my lips feel so much better in the morning than with the Laneige. If you want exfoliation, make a diy sugar scrub at home (life hack: you can use table sugar for same results). And always, drink more water. Stop buying into the hype! These companies are laughing their way to the bank. Hint: if you are having to use a lip product daily to keep your lips proper....it is actually damaging your lips, not repairing them. ;)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral