3.8

$20.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

Meh. This works alright. My lips feel pretty soft the next morning but I don't think it's particularly hydrating. It doesn't perform any better than a cheap lip balm for me, yet it costs exponentially more. If you insist on purchasing this product, definitely get it from Korean beauty retailers or Ebay because Sephora hikes the price up like crazy.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I absolutely love this mask. I put it on at night and my lips have never been better. It is quite a bit of money to purchase, but so little is needed that I actually think the value of the product is quite good.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Heard great things, and so when I received large sample from Sephora I was pretty excited to try it out for myself. My lips are pretty normal, they arent typically dry, and I do use a balm or treatment nightly. Unfortunately, after a few nights I realized the Laniege Sleeping Lip mask was drying out my lips. So not a winner for me. Will stick with my Smith's Rosebud Salve and Aquaphor (my HG overnight lip treatment). I enjoy the texture, felt good on the lips at first application. Cute packaging, would look great on bedside table. Edit: 3/16/18 I added a lippie since I have used it here and there, and it's not awful. I can't use it more than 2 nights in a row, and I still prefer Aquaphor. So, I won't buy a full size, but I would use if re dived as a present.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

I got a mini of this as a Sephora VIB bonus points gift. I love it but I just use it as a lip balm throughout the day, not sure why it's marketed as an overnight product. This is a creamy balm in jar packaging (ugh) that appears to be pale pink in the jar but that color doesn't show up on the lips - this is clear and slightly glossy when applied. It works well, has absolutely no bitter smell or taste (unlike every other similar product) - it has the faintest hint of vanilla that fades quickly. This product is not overly greasy or sticky and does not cause the rebound dryness I experience from other petroleum-based lip balms (I'm looking at you, Jack Black). Unfortunately this also has no lasting curative effect - like almost every other lip balm, it only works while you're using it. (For longer-lasting soothing/smoothing effects, I prefer the similar - but better - By Terry Baume de Rose.) One bonus of this product: it's great for removing stubborn lipstains. Points off for expense and jar packaging, otherwise lovely.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I like this product, but not for the 'treatment' aspect it was marketed to be. I like that it makes my lips appear plumper and smoother so I wear it purely for cosmetic reasons. I also enjoy the light strawberry fragrance. But it fails completely at doing any kind of repair to dry chapped lips.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

This product is SO OVERRATED! I have really peely chapped lips and it’s always a struggle to keep them moisturized, especially in the winter. I gave this a shot bc it had great reviews and is recommended by many beauty bloggers so I was expecting a lot. I have been using this nightly for a few days and have not seen any improvement with my lips. The product feels great on and is thick enough that it doesn’t slip off right away but it does nothing for actual hydration. When I woke up today, the mask had completely worn away and my were so dry and scaly and uncomfortable. They were in better condition the night before when I first put the mask on! Honestly I get better results with my Cherry Chapstick!! Don’t buy into the hype if you’re truly looking for something that will heal lips. This won’t do it.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I really had high hopes for this mask. When I first saw it as a sample in Sephora, I knew I wanted it. My lips get so dry that they have sore spots from where the patches have been peeled off (by me-gross I know). I cant help it since I love matte liquid lipsticks. Anywho, I spent 100 Sephora points on the sample and proceeded to try that night. It smells awesome and is nice and creamy but those are its only attributes. I even applied once more in the middle of the night just to make sure I had a thick layer. When I woke and wiped it off, I IMMEDIATELY saw a dry patch just...sticking out waiting to be peeled! I mean instantaneously-no joke! Within five minutes, my lips were as dry as they ever were. Thank God I didnt spend $20 bucks on this crap! I feel bummed. Womp womp!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

2 years ago

This is an okay "sleeping mask", though I think it's just a well marketed smooth lip balm to be honest. It pales in comparison to the moisturizing powers of my beloved bite agave lip mask and it is definitely overpriced for what it is. It does have a nice texture (not sticky at all), very smooth and spreads over your lips really nicely. I purchased this in grapefruit and I like the scent, it's not overpowering but it smells nice when I applying. I saw it all over youtube favourites last year so I thought I'd give it a solid go in the Canadian winters. Does not hold up and I'm really confused about all the hype to be honest. I don't have super dry lips either? Confuzzling. It does feel nice but I have an aversion to the pot packaging for sanitary reasons, and given that the moisturizing impact isn't that great for me, I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

after using so many matte-lipstick product that makes my lips really dry, i have a gut to try this.. after 3 days my lips really soft and it doesnt look chapped or dry anymore.. i suggest to buy the travel or mini size, because you only use this products just a tiny amout..

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Decent product, but it is nothing more than an overpriced, nice smelling lip balm. I find that bag balm or any other lanolin-based balm is a much better overnight lip "mask" that has my lips easily shedding any dead skin and super soft and moisturized the next morning.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm