3.8

$20.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

10 months ago

First off I can't imagine buying a lip balm that costs this much but it is definitely worth it. Before I started using this product, I went through every type of lip balm imaginable. From Burt's bees, to blistex to other types of lip balms. This product gently exfoliates your lips while you sleep. You wake up with baby soft lips that last. Soft smooth lips are going to let lipstick apply smoothly. I honestly believe that little jar is going to last me for a least a year and it comes with a scoop that you can use to dig out the balm instead of using your fingers. If you want to save money, do what I did and buy from ebay, there are alot of Korean sellers which will send you this Korean based product for basically half the price of the cost at sephora. And alot of them offer free shipping too. Definitely high grade product.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

from

10 months ago

i was suffering from lip peeling for a few weeks n even using Avene cold cream for the lips, which had helped before, didnt help this time. I ended up purchasing the Fresh sugar scrub, Fresh lip wonder drops and Laneige lip sleeping mask n the combination gave me baby soft lips now. I use the scrub once or twice a week, the lip wonder drops and sleeping mask nightly n I have never been happier with the state of my lips. Am so glad i fork out some money for this combination. Think I will be using this forever. Only thing I much prefer would be this in a tube.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

10 months ago

Picked this up on whim at Sephora around 3pm today because I was desperate to find ANYTHING that would help me with the random corner-of-my-lip eczema that I sadly have. It is now 9pm and the dryness is almost all gone. The cracks have 80% healed and it doesn’t feel sore or painful or scabby at ALL 10/10

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

Although this will be a very similar review to another lip mask I used, I have to give credit where credit’s due! Basically I rotated between high-end lip masks and Vaseline to see if I noticed a difference in quality. I enjoyed using this lip mask over the Vaseline because I felt like this nourished my lips more than the Vaseline. The Vaseline worked on keeping moisture in over night (I only use “lip masks” at night), but my lips didn’t feel as good the next morning as they did on nights I used the Laneige. I also like the experience of applying this over the experience of applying Vaseline. I look forward to the taste and texture of Laneige, while application of the Vaseline is “eh”. Compared to the other high end lip mask, this lost a lippie because it comes in a tub (less hygienic than a squeeze tub) and for its ingredients (the other product has clean ingredients). Although the tub and ingredients aren’t a deal breaker to me (I am just being picky for the sake of reviewing - I would totally use this interchangeabley with the other product) having clean ingredients (especially on your mouth) gives the other lip mask an edge! I do think this is a pricey product, but with how little you need I can see this lasting anywhere from 6 months to a year (depending on how often you use this). I only use this at night so I think it’ll last a while and since it’s more expensive I’m going to be more inclined to not lose this the way I go through chapsticks from the drugstore! With how often I replace those it probably comes out tot the same amount as this. Just like I said with the other high-end lip mask, I would recommend this for people interested in the ritual/experience of skincare. I personally like using Laneige more than Vaseline and my lips feel better the next morning on the nights I use Laneige!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

For me, this was a meh product. I've had it for a year and a half i think, and I barely made a dent in it, because it just doesn't give me the level of moisture I'm looking for (and my lips are not even that dry/chapped). I loved the way it smelt at the beginning, but now the scent has faded in the jar. I tried using it every night for weeks, hoping the effect was cumulative, but nope. My lips felt moisturized upon application yes, but by morning there was no discernible effect. Eventually I replaced it with Blistex in the dark blue container, and it is much, much better. Now I only use it to moisturize my nails/cuticles, and I find it works much better for this purpose. No, I won't re-buy.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

I'll gladly repurchase this lip mask over and over again, because for 20 USD you get a ton of product (and you only need to use a tiny little bit at a time) and it does the trick for me. I have dry skin and naturally dry lips. I find that I do not get as much texture whenever I use this lip mask. I like the original scent, because it smells like berries and bubblegum, thus brings back good memories of my childhood. This is not a vegan or 100% green product though, so if you are looking for something that is part of the "clean" beauty line - I think you might enjoy Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask more. You can read a detailed review on this and many other green skincare bestsellers here (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/02/11/Clean-Skincare-Routine). Hope it helps!

About reviewer (553 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

This is one great find! The first time that I used the sleeping mask on my lips, I didn't think much of it. Pleasant, not too greasy and a nice but subtle berry smell. But when I woke up the following morning and looked in the mirror, my lips were so pouty I thought that I had a cold sore or something nasty coming up. Then I realised that my lips were just fine. They were just so plumped up from this mask, I was amazed. They're also softer and feel more nourished, although it's winter and very cold and windy. This - and to be fair a good dollop of Lano during the day - has transformed my lips from rough and dry to a nice, soft pillow that doesn't even need tinted lip balm. I've been hooked on Nuxe reve de miel for many years, but this one beats it hands down. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

a year ago

Works for me! I use a thick layer of this last thing before going to sleep and wipe it off in the morning with a damp cotton wash cloth. Instructions state to 'wipe any remaining gently' but I find using a gentle hand is insufficient for removing dead skin. When I follow Laneige's method I end up with a layer of dead skin which isn't a good look, especially when a drying, matte lipstick goes on over it. So a good scrub it is, and if I don't have the wash cloth handy then I just reach for a lip scrub. Either way exfoliation seems to be integral to success with 'Lip sleeping mask'. I have this in 'Vanilla' which smells somewhat artificial but doesn't bother me much. What does however is the ingredients list...it's not the most natural and I'm all too conscious of the fact that this is on my lips. At the end of the day some of this can and will end up in my stomach overnight and I'm not sure if that's a good thing! If not for that would give 5 lippies as the product itself does what it promises to, for me at least.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

Disappointing really just a glorified lanoline based product, was expecting a lot more. Expensive for what it is. A shea butter and beeswax based product works much better. This is coming from someone who suffers from dry lips and goes through lip balms all the time. Waste of money. ADDENDUM having looked at the ingredients list, there is actually no lanoline in the product but it has the same feel to it (slightly slick and greasy without actually being moisturising)

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

a year ago

This is a big disappointment for me. I was really wanting to try it. The packaging and the claims really sucked me in. I bought a gift set at Christmas from Sephora with the full size of the original and three small pots of other flavors. On the plus side, it does stay on all night. And I do think the pot looks pretty. But that's about all I can say for it. My lips feel dry in the morning. I kept using it, I don't know why, I guess because it cost so much and I kept thinking it was going to get better or some dumb thing. But my lips just kept getting drier and more chapped. So now, I am trying to use it up by putting a layer of good old Carmex on first, then putting this on top at night, since this does seem to stay on well. We'll see how that goes. But I would never buy it again. (I also have tried using it during the day, just around the house as a regular lip balm. My lips never feel moisturized.)

About reviewer (496 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral