4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

22 days ago

So after having a baby I was UBER lucky enough not to have to use all my nipple cream and one day I was stuck in my chair nursing my wee babe and my lips were so chapped but I couldnt move and the only thing nearby was this lansinoh lanolin cream so I was like what the heck, I'm desperate haha. WELL! I was thoroughly impressed and havent looked back since. This is my go to lip ointment, I apply before bed every night and I'M USUALLY good all day but every now and then I'll apply in the morning or mid day and it stays on forever! It's the most effective lip treatment I've used and I'm a chapstick hoarder! I came here on a whim to see if I was solo on my weird little hack and was so pleasantly surprised I am not! I will not hesitate to purchase again when my current tubes run out!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 months ago

I often had dry lips. Because of this, my lips were always rather colorless and dull looking with small lines around my mouth, I have discovered THE BEST solution ever! Lansinoh (The brand name) nipple cream for lactating (breast feeding) mothers. You can purchase the cream in any drug store in the baby aisle or sometimes near the baby formula. My dermatologist told me this is the absolute best kept beauty secret. There are no harmful ingredients. If you have ever been a breast feeding mother, you know all about needing serious relief! If it is safe enough, and effective enough to treat and cure "breast feeding issues" then I was certainly willing to give it a try, After using it every night for two weeks, my lips are soft, pink and never dry feeling. My lipstick stays on much better throughout the day with no lipstick creeping into lines around my lips. I paid $44.00 for Chantecaille lip repair and it did not come close to doing anything for my lips. Lansinoh Lanolin cream is great! I will never be without it!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

Overall, I think that this is a good quality product made with medical grade lanolin. I purchased to help with chapped lips and did not find it to be effective. But so far, I have not found any lip balm or treatment effective for my poor, dry mouth.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

Works great to keep my lips from chapping Also like to put it on any dry areas of my face and under my eyes Really helps when using retinol to keep from getting flaky Love this stuff

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

My original purchase of this was in 1996. A tiny tube of yellow super sticky 'balm' that was nearly impossible to spread on the intended area (sore nips). It also stinks. Fast forward to 2018. I still have that original tube so when my lips were getting super dry this winter, I thought I'd break it out again (wow, I still had it laying around!) after seeing it mentioned several times on the boards. It did help, and althought it's still super sticky and smelly (like sheep?), it warms to body temperature and is more comfortable to wear (on lips, not nips!) Still, why was this smelly stuff so loved? Then I saw and purchased a new one and they are *completely* different! The newer version in a larger tube is *HPA* lanolin. It's not yellow and stiff, but a translucent white, very smooth, softer to spread, not quite as sticky as the original and NO scent! (I also noticed the newer packaging says "modified lanolin" and the older packaging doesn't). To me it feels a lot like wearing a MAC Lipglass with the added benefit of being moisturizing. I like that this lasts a while, unlike some other "flash in the pan" lip balms that seem to disappear or wear off rather quickly. This one stick around a while. The larger tube is also a bonus.

About reviewer (800 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

This is purely an individual review, based on my own experience. I do these as a kind of reminder to myself of what worked and didn't work. If you're a nursing mother, by all means go out and try this--it's safe & worth a shot. I'm not a nursing mother, I bought this for chapped lips, and maybe alternative uses like for my cuticles or hands. This dried out my lips! I put this on at night, and woke up with my lips dry and flaking. I thought I'd give it another try and applied it throughout the day--nope, this still dried my lips out terribly. This didn't really moisturize my hands either. It's completely useless for me, my skin just doesn't like it. Surprisingly, bag balm (a mixture of petroleum & lanolin) healed my lips completely. So I'm sticking with that.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Discovered this during breastfeeding. Figured if it could soothe my inflamed nips, it could soothe other ailments. And I was right! I’ve used it on everything from a peely nose, to dry cuticles, lips, under eyes, you name it. I’m acne and clog-prone (don’t be jealous!), but haven’t experienced any negative effects. Fingers crossed I won’t, because this stuff is so emollient and comforting. I do wish it came in a larger tube or tub, like Bag Balm.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

I hate this stuff. I honestly don't know how it gets such great reviews. It's so sticky. If it gets anywhere it's very difficult to get it off. Because it's so sticky and thick it feels very heavy and uncomfortable on the lips. After a night of wearing this my lips don't even feel that much more moisturized. Aquaphor is a million times better than this and I would recommend that for super chapped lips.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Other, Other

3 years ago

This is literally the only thing that has saved my lips. I thought I was doomed to dry, glaky lips. I have adry patch in the centre of my top lip that peels off revealing raw skin then heals over hard and dry again. Teo days into uskng this I couldn't believe how much my lips have improved. And its mid winter!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

I bought this just in case I needed it when I had a baby. Well, my nipples were fine...but luckily this is great for other things. I use it as cuticle cream and lipbalm - I have really dry lips which periodically will get so dry and flaky and just sore. This really helps. I also used it on my eyelids as I used something that really irritated my eyes and it just wouldn't go away. It doesn't smell and spreads easily once warmed between fingers - it can be a little sticky, so I tend to use this to add the moisture and then put a lighter lotion over the top. This stuff is thick as anything and almost completely impossible to squeeze out of the tube - a tub would be much better for those countries like England where the ambient temperature isn't enough to loosen the texture but it's too warm for the heating to be on! I normally sit on it for five minutes which helps. I bought this tube over five years ago, so while I can't remember the price I think it's lasted pretty well and is good value for money! I imagine if you use it during breast feeding it might be more pricey. Overall though for spot treating areas of extreme dryness this really helps.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral