Lansinoh Lanolin

Lansinoh Lanolin

4.7

100% pure lanolin

on 7/15/2016 6:38:00 AM

If you want the best result for good value, get Lansinoh. Basically, it works !

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very effective as a lip treatment, keeps my lips moisturized and smooth, dosen't smell or taste too muck unlike other lanolin based product.

To Read all 233 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/3/2016 8:01:00 AM

So I became a mom and my makeup routine was slashed.

I'm slowly getting back into a routine for myself.

I will agree with everyone this is a great lip conditioner or balm.

I started using it while I was nursing and have continued purchasing this as it's the only thing that keep my lips feeling moist and not dry and cracked.

I use it at night and in the morning before I put on lipstick or tinted lip balm.

With lipstick it sort of makes it a little glossy but not preteen glossy.

My husband doesn't like the texture on his lips but it works for me and I use it for the kids when their lips are super chapped. He also claims it has a smell he doesn't like. I don't smell anything.

For those complaining it's solid under cold weather, I used to put the tube in my bra to warm it up while moisturizing my skin and prepping it for make up. (For breastpumpers, I also did this while setting up the breastpump.)
Your body heat will melt the lanolin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I never thought I'd be using a product for dry, cracked nipples as a lip salve and of course, never say never.
My lips are more prone to dryness in the last year (perimenopause et al) and Vaseline was doing an okay job but I needed something stronger.
I got a tube of the Lansinoh Lanolin and I apply a coat on top of Vaseline at night before bed and my lips feel smoother and softer the next day. A little goes a long way too.

I don't like applying it before lipstick as I find it's too heavy to wear under makeup.
Also, I still need to use a washcloth to gently exfoliate my lips about twice a week to keep the flaky skin away so the Lansinoh doesn't do that for me.

Overall, this is a great product to have on your night stand table, especially during the winter.

on 3/16/2016 2:06:00 PM

For the last half a year, I have been struggling with chronically dry lips. They were painfully chapped and itchy no matter what lip balm I used, flaking constantly, and it was really affecting my well being. I even went to see a doctor, but the cream he prescribed only aggravated my condition.

Before this, Burts Bees and any other regular lip balm would do the trick. Now they weren't helping at all. Thus began the hunt for a balm that would soothe my irritated lips. I tried many before settling on Aquaphor for a couple months. And while it was rich enough to immediately soothe my lips, as soon as it wore off my lips were back to its original state - there were no long term effects.

Then I discovered Lansinoh from one of my favourite YouTubers, who said that she bought it as a nipple cream and discovered that it worked wonders on her chapped lips. It was only $10 on Amazon so I decided to give it a try.

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Not only does it have immediate effects, you can visibly see it healing your lips over time. It's got a sticky and shiny texture but I just smooth on a layer before I sleep and wake up with hydrated lips. If the dryness is flaring up I will also apply a layer in the morning. 1-2 applications a day is enough to keep them at bay. One tube will last for ages so the cost per use is super cheap. Would highly recommend to anyone who struggles with dry lips.

on 3/11/2016 11:33:00 PM

This is soothing & heals my lips nice! The best!!!!! Found by the babies breast feeding supplies!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only thing that has ever helped my dry, flaking lips and I have tried everything. Iv'e tried to buy other lanolin but it smells disgusting. This lanolin has no smell and when i remember to wear it, it keeps my lips from peeling and the price is GREAT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Best lip balm ever! My lips have been so flakey this winter and this soothed and healed it in two days. I think the price is great considering the size of the tube verses regular lip balms. I love that it is utilitarian, is natural and doesn't try to be fancy. I do prefer vegan products/cruelty free products but would get this again if I have to.

on 1/13/2016 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After trying all kinds of lip balms only to need to reapply again and again with a lack of results, I decided to finally try this nipple cream that was touted as an incredible product for lips too. I loved what it did to my lips from the first moment I applied it. It absorbs right away and I don't have to reapply it again and again because the moisture stays in. I prefer this over Vaseline.

The only problem I had was that the packaging. I used the product during winter, so it froze and was impossible to squeeze out of the tube. I knew there had to be a better alternative.

Long story short this product was a gateway to finding another product that worked the way I wanted it to. Since I knew that the main ingredient in this balm is lanolin, and I knew that I would only use this product on my lips (I don't breastfeed) I decided to look on amazon for a lip balm which main ingredient were lanolin. Bingo. So I substituted this balm for a lip balm that I love and use all the time, even if it freezes cause I just have to push the product up the tube and apply it.

What I am trying to say is that this is a great product and works amazing at moisturizing my lips, but because of the local weather I had to look for a more convenient substitute. Otherwise Id keep repurchasing.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Update: It works amazing and will bring your lips to baby smooth if you just mix it with a lip scrub, and then scrub your lips with it!! Then just wipe it off and should be super smooth. Dab some more lanolin on if you want ;)

Wow love this product, let me just say I HATE wearing any type of lipstick because even when a lipstick is really moisturizing when I put it on at first, they all end up doing the same thing drying the hell out of my lips by a couple hours later. Matte lipsticks? Forget even trying to put that shit on! But I swear after only one use of this product, I WAS ABLE TO WEAR A FRIKIN UBER MATTE LIPSTICK FOR HOURS ON END WITHOUT IT EVEN FEELING DRIED OUT!! This is HG!!! Only thing is I destroyed the lid cap I can't twist it back on but whatever!!

Another thing, I don't think this works so much as an overnight lip treatment, it's minimal at best I think. But it's sooo worth it wearing underneath lipstick anyways and that's all that matters to me!

Popular Lip Treatments