4.7

100% pure lanolin

on 7/27/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is literally the only thing that has saved my lips. I thought I was doomed to dry, glaky lips. I have adry patch in the centre of my top lip that peels off revealing raw skin then heals over hard and dry again. Teo days into uskng this I couldn't believe how much my lips have improved. And its mid winter!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this just in case I needed it when I had a baby. Well, my nipples were fine...but luckily this is great for other things.

I use it as cuticle cream and lipbalm - I have really dry lips which periodically will get so dry and flaky and just sore. This really helps. I also used it on my eyelids as I used something that really irritated my eyes and it just wouldn't go away. It doesn't smell and spreads easily once warmed between fingers - it can be a little sticky, so I tend to use this to add the moisture and then put a lighter lotion over the top.

This stuff is thick as anything and almost completely impossible to squeeze out of the tube - a tub would be much better for those countries like England where the ambient temperature isn't enough to loosen the texture but it's too warm for the heating to be on! I normally sit on it for five minutes which helps.

I bought this tube over five years ago, so while I can't remember the price I think it's lasted pretty well and is good value for money! I imagine if you use it during breast feeding it might be more pricey.

Overall though for spot treating areas of extreme dryness this really helps.

on 6/4/2017 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was struggling to help my lips which went through a terrible bout of dryness in the winter that nothing helped -- cracked, bleeding -- the works. Exfoliating just seemed to make things worse. Then I saw the reviews for Lansinoh. Ahhhhh sweet sweet relief! I used it as a night treatment and started carrying around a tube for the day too (turns out my office was also really dry which was part of the problem). There's no need to even exfoliate any more -- just perfect plump moisturized lips. I only wish I could now find a mineral SPF lip balm to complete my lip needs.

on 5/23/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this to pack in my hospital bag for breastfeeding and stumbled across a review praising it as a lip balm on Amazon when I ordered it. So glad I did. This is the best lip treatment I've ever used. Fixes dry chapped lips overnight and when applied sparingly lip stick goes on over this nice and smooth without drying out my lips throughout the day. I also mix a small amount with body lotion for my belly, feet, hands elbows..works wonders on dry skin anywhere even under my eyes as a night time under eye treatment. Cheap, effective and long lasting can't get better than that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Until I discovered lanolin for lips, I had never been able to wear any sort of colored lipstick/gloss at all because it would just make my chapped lips look super crusty. No amount of exfoliating, chapstick or staying hydrated would stop my lips from peeling and cracking! I first discovered the magic of lanolin by using Dr. Lipp, which is an amazing product, but it is a little expensive. This product is pretty much the same stuff but 1/3 the price. I can wear lipstick now! I can put lipstick on over the Lansinoh or just wear the Lansinoh by itself for a cute gloss. AMAZING product worth the hype!

on 5/1/2017 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a bunch of mini tubes. Heavy duty relief for chapped lips, rough patches on heels, dry cuticles etc. i use it mainly at night as it can be thick, goopy, sticky. If applied very sparingly on lips, it can be used during the day. Kiehl's lip balm #1 is lanolin and petroleum based and also works for me, but this is cheaper and more effective. Lanolin is classified as an emollient and Vaseline as an occlusive, so sometimes I layer very sparingly.

on 4/16/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you suffer with dry, unconditioned lips, try this!
I know it's for nipples but this is 100% lanolin and it is amazing!!!
Instead of paying loads for lanolips which is expensive and comes in a small tube, get this.
I have a tube in my handbag, a tube in the bathroom and another by my bed. I can't be without it.
This is the only things that keeps my lips soft, hydrated and chap free. I love it and it really works.
You get a big tube for a fraction of the price and it really is the best. Try it, you won't be disappointed, it changed my lips completely. They used to be dry, chapped and they would sometimes peel skin. Wearing lipstick just highlighted the issue.
I wear this morning, noon and night and I have really noticed the difference. The tube lasts forever, I have a few because I'm lazy and need to have it at hand!
I will always keep buying this, it's the only thing that has worked for me.

Having tried dozens of lanolin-based (both pure and mixed with other stuff) products on my lips I have to say that Lansioh is by far the most over-hyped and most underwhelming of them all. It's thinner than most other 100% lanolin kinds and the color and smell isn't as intensive (not that there is much smell, but side-by-side it's noticeable), for lack of a better word. Dunno why, but it instinctively reminds me of the over-processed varieties of nut butters that have no real smell or weird feel. It wasn't some expired dud, all the tubes I've had are like this. The main reason I rate Lansinoh 3 stars is that due to its thinner consistently it doesn't work as well normal pure lanolin products. It's less nourishing and disappears much sooner and I have to re-apply a lot more often (2-3x per hour, which is about the same rate I have to reapply any non-lanolin-based chapstick). Usually I can get away with 3 to 4 applications during whole day, if I use Ardo Gold or Medela Purelan kinds of lanolin (or any other generic pure lanolin). Another difference with Lansinoh is that it appears to be way more glossy than normal lanolin, a matter of preference, but I think it might be important to mention as sometimes people look for more discreet lip products.

on 2/10/2017 4:12:00 PM

Simply amazing lip treatment. Nothing works better for severely dry/ chapped lips. So I got brave and decided to make my own tinted lip balm with this. I squeezed out all the Lansinoh into a glass bowl and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I added a chunk of pink lip stick I cut off with a knife. Blended the lipstick into the melted Lansinoh with a spoon and put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds until it turned to a pink liquid. I poured the liquid into 3 little metal pillbox tins with lids I found at the dollar store and put them in the fridge until the mixture solidified. OMG it totally worked!! Hah. Perfect tinted lip treatment. When I run out of the lip balm which, should be a while, I'm going to do this again but add mint oil and/or lemon oil and a liquid sweetener for some flavor! You don't have to do this to get the amazing benefits of this product I just really like tinted lip balm! :o)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I made a account just to review this! I have tried every lip product known to man kind , the works! Until I researched and found lansinoh , I am telling you put this on your lips before you sleep your lips will be baby soft this is my favourite beauty find. Highly recommend everyone give this a go for your lips I know it's embarrassing having to buy nipple cream for some people but it is worth the 5 second awkward cashier exchange !

Popular Lip Treatments