4.7

100% pure lanolin

on 12/4/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A BIG shout out and thank you to @Marzipan50..after seeing your review yesterday on this product, I clicked on it and read all the great reviews. I immediately purchased it at my local Walmart. I would have never known about this product if I hadn't seen your review. Although I'm only on my 2nd day using it, I already see a huge improvement in my dry/cracked lips..I hope you see this review girl, because I love this product­čĺť

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This has CURED my dry lip problem.

To Read all 237 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/28/2016 8:33:00 PM

My lips are always chapped, but this stuff WORKS! Better than Aquaphor, Burt's Bees, even La Mer (I've tried everything). I don't love the tube packaging, so I squeezed some Lansinoh into a round, plastic Container Store pill box with a screw top (those pill boxes are SO versatile- I use them for everything). Problem solved- and my lips are so smooth and moisturized.

on 10/2/2016 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer this to Vaseline, and it's multi-purpose. I use this basically any time/place that a person would use Vaseline.
It's the best lip balm I've ever used. I had it around the house from when I was breastfeeding, never thought to try it for lips until fairly recently. I have Nuxe, La Mer and countless other lip products from all over the price spectrum. This is better by far as softening and protecting. And effects last long after the application wears off my lips. I don't feel the need to constantly reapply.
It's also its just excellent for really dry, cracked, peeling skin. It softens the upper layers and makes them super easy to exfoliate. It takes away that nasty, papery dry feeling on my hands, knees and elbows. It works so well at banishing callouses and those layers of dry heel that my husband sometimes gets.
I've been using it on cuts, and as a spot protectant before doing at-home peels.

My only complaint is the tube packaging. Yeah, it's more sanitary for sure. But with something this thick, I want a packaging style where I can get every last drop of it out. It's not exactly cheap, either.

But so worth it!

For those breastfeeding moms, it really helped me.

on 7/15/2016 6:38:00 AM

If you want the best result for good value, get Lansinoh. Basically, it works !

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very effective as a lip treatment, keeps my lips moisturized and smooth, dosen't smell or taste too muck unlike other lanolin based product.

on 4/3/2016 8:01:00 AM

So I became a mom and my makeup routine was slashed.

I'm slowly getting back into a routine for myself.

I will agree with everyone this is a great lip conditioner or balm.

I started using it while I was nursing and have continued purchasing this as it's the only thing that keep my lips feeling moist and not dry and cracked.

I use it at night and in the morning before I put on lipstick or tinted lip balm.

With lipstick it sort of makes it a little glossy but not preteen glossy.

My husband doesn't like the texture on his lips but it works for me and I use it for the kids when their lips are super chapped. He also claims it has a smell he doesn't like. I don't smell anything.

For those complaining it's solid under cold weather, I used to put the tube in my bra to warm it up while moisturizing my skin and prepping it for make up. (For breastpumpers, I also did this while setting up the breastpump.)
Your body heat will melt the lanolin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I never thought I'd be using a product for dry, cracked nipples as a lip salve and of course, never say never.
My lips are more prone to dryness in the last year (perimenopause et al) and Vaseline was doing an okay job but I needed something stronger.
I got a tube of the Lansinoh Lanolin and I apply a coat on top of Vaseline at night before bed and my lips feel smoother and softer the next day. A little goes a long way too.

I don't like applying it before lipstick as I find it's too heavy to wear under makeup.
Also, I still need to use a washcloth to gently exfoliate my lips about twice a week to keep the flaky skin away so the Lansinoh doesn't do that for me.

Overall, this is a great product to have on your night stand table, especially during the winter.

on 3/16/2016 2:06:00 PM

For the last half a year, I have been struggling with chronically dry lips. They were painfully chapped and itchy no matter what lip balm I used, flaking constantly, and it was really affecting my well being. I even went to see a doctor, but the cream he prescribed only aggravated my condition.

Before this, Burts Bees and any other regular lip balm would do the trick. Now they weren't helping at all. Thus began the hunt for a balm that would soothe my irritated lips. I tried many before settling on Aquaphor for a couple months. And while it was rich enough to immediately soothe my lips, as soon as it wore off my lips were back to its original state - there were no long term effects.

Then I discovered Lansinoh from one of my favourite YouTubers, who said that she bought it as a nipple cream and discovered that it worked wonders on her chapped lips. It was only $10 on Amazon so I decided to give it a try.

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Not only does it have immediate effects, you can visibly see it healing your lips over time. It's got a sticky and shiny texture but I just smooth on a layer before I sleep and wake up with hydrated lips. If the dryness is flaring up I will also apply a layer in the morning. 1-2 applications a day is enough to keep them at bay. One tube will last for ages so the cost per use is super cheap. Would highly recommend to anyone who struggles with dry lips.

on 3/11/2016 11:33:00 PM

This is soothing & heals my lips nice! The best!!!!! Found by the babies breast feeding supplies!