Qtica Intense Lip Repair Balm

Qtica Intense Lip Repair Balm

4.6

Lanolin, Water(Aqua), Oxtyl Methocinnamate, Glyecerin, Beeswax, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Menthol, Camphor, Sodium Borate, Panthenol, Aloe Vera Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Methyl Paraben, Propylparaben

on 2/13/2017 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My usual lip savior nuxe, was just not able to redeem my painfully dry cracked lips this winter. It would ease the pain while wearing, but once it wore off, lips had no improvement. The qtica ounce per ounce, is more expensive than the nuxe. But it's healing powers are proportionately greater, and it is psychologically easier to lay out $12 for the smaller tube than $20 for the little nuxe jar
Lanolin is the first ingredient, but this balm is easier to work with than pure lanolin while still delivering all the benefits. There is camphor way down on the list, so has a slight odor and bit of pain numbing, but nothing on the order of Carmex, and fades quickly. The creme is very stiff in tube - carry it in front pants pocket and it softens up. The balm is white, but goes on sheer so your lip color shows through and fairly high gloss finish. (for this relief it could turn my lips baby poop green and I wouldn't bat an eye)

What I most appreciate is the tenacity of this balm - like a suit of armor against the bitter cold winds where I live. Thick and has enough tack to really stay on the lips, but not annoyingly sticky. After one use I felt huge improvement in lip condition: suppleness restored and super protection for tender new skin below the peeling layers. Also makes those torn exposed skin layers easier to tolerate, sortof binds them back down to the skin below, and then when they do exfoliate, it is gentler and not tearing new skin off with it. Nothing but gratitude for this balm!

on 7/2/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great product - I only wish Qtica products were easier to come by.
A little "greasy" but feels terrific on my paper-y/dry lips. I only wish it was not mentholated (it's dealable - and not bad but I hate mint).

Good for chapped lips and great for me.

on 1/25/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have to have the driest lips ever. Nothing has ever worked for an extensive amount of time, except this. It's my HG for lip balm. It's expensive, but soooo worth it. Seriously. If I put this on before bed, my lips are still moist by morning! It doesn't have that waxy residue like most balms. It also doesn't have that petroleum jelly finish that actually dries you out after leaving you looking like you just ate greasy fried chicken. It leaves your lips moist and with a slight sheen for hours. It's thick, which I like. It means I can put it on under lipstick and the lipstick will slide right on over it. I can even line my lips over it. I have a tube in my purse, my desk, my bedside, and my travel bag. I don't have one in my car because I'm not sure how it will do in extreme temps. Highly recommend!

on 1/3/2014 6:08:00 PM

This stuff is beyond amazing!! There are no words. I have really dry, peeling lips and I have tried what seems like everything! Vaseline/Aquaphor, Lansinoh, and every lip product that is claimed to help dry, cracked lips with no luck. Then I tried this product based on these reviews and I'm glad I did! No more problems at all! I like the smell, a light minty smell. It makes my lips feel super smooth. And it's pretty thick, so you don't need much. I wear it to bed and I put a thin layer (as thin as I can get it) on in the morning and it lasts me nearly all day. Amazing stuff. You wont be sorry!

on 1/3/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this product while in dire need of a very moisturizing balm due to lip dryness associated with an acne medicine. This balm literally saved my mouth. Prior to use my lips were dry, chapped, cracked and bleeding. I found this in the clearance section of ulta for $3 and decided to try it out. One of the best purchases I've ever made! It has a slight medicated smell to it, but it isn't strong. The formula is thick and creamy with a bit of stickiness. It's just right for me. I put it on every evening before bed and wake up with soft supple lips. The packaging is no frills and it's hard to find in stores. It's worth the hunt! I replace every time I run out. At $12 a tube it's a bit pricey, but you totally get what you pay for. Stop wasting money on cheapy balms that don't work as well and buy this.

on 12/19/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I would give this a gazillion lippies if i could. This is hands-down the best lip balm ever for chapped lips. This comes out thick and gluey but melts right away on the lips. It is easy to apply and the fragrance is extremely subte of mint. I like minty products but this is the right dosage (i.e. it's not in your face kind of smell) and it doesn't make my lips tingle either. I noticed that this enhances my lip colour making me look like i am wearing lip gloss but i am not. It simply makes my lips glisten in a shade of light pink which if i am doing a smokey eye would be enough and looks great. LOVE THIS BALM! Only downfall is that i have to buy this online as I cannot find it any stores.

on 11/25/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this stuff and can't get through winter without it. Every year, as soon as the winds pick up and the temperatures drop, my lips dry out and chap. These Northeast dry winters don't help at all. If I see that I've been neglecting my lips or even if I'm wearing a matte lipstick (I'm looking at you, Ruby Woo) for a couple of days, I have to wear this to bed or else I wake up looking like I made out with a box grater.

I'd buy this buy the caseful if it ever was discontinued.

on 6/25/2013 9:15:00 PM

Great balm. Long lasting. It really moisturizes lips. Very happy. Thanks for reviews that made me buy this amazing balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was lucky to snag this for free from Zoya (had to pay shipping)! It's a very thick white balm that goes clear on the lips. It has a bit of a menthol-y taste/smell/feel. It's very thick and thus stays on the lips. This is the kind of balm you use at night to repair your lips when they're chapped, not something glossy and pretty, like the last reviewer said. At first, it was very hard for me to get the product out of the tube. There was a lot of squeezing and frustration involved without much payoff. After awhile, it started coming out more easily and now I'm having no issues. This made my overly chapped, wintertime lips feel absolutely new again. I absolutely love it. Will buy this again and again, it's a product that has quickly reached HG status for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a great lip balm, BUT it depends why you need it. If you need it because your lips are medically chapped and causing you discomfort, then this is your product. It really helped me get over chapped lips caused by getting new braces. If you are looking for something glossy and pretty, maybe you should keep looking. Note: this contains lanolin, an animal product, which is known for its skin-healing properties.

I paid $14 (a lot) for my tube. It has a menthol smell and slight menthol flavor, which is easy to forgive since this is more like a medicine, anyway.