CeraVe Healing Ointment

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CeraVe Healing Ointment
Healing Ointment

4.3

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Water, L-Proline, Xanthan Gum

on 4/6/2019 1:54:00 AM

My hands are dry and cracked from overwashing in the cold season, and this ointment has been a lifesaver. It`s a bit too greasy to apply in the daytime, plus the tube is a bit too bulky to carry with me, but I like to rub this on my hands at night before bed, while my hands are still a little wet. It works great to seal in moisture and I wake up to moist, plump skin on my hands without calluses and rough patches. I`ve use it on the lips, and while it`s not bad, I still prefer my Laneige sleeping mask for lips, because while both products hydrate the lips, Laneige does something extra in terms of plumping them. I would totally repurchase, even in the warmer season, because my hands go through a lot of abuse, with calluses from weight training and cracks from dishwashing liquid. Good, simple, clean and reasonably priced, like most CeraVe products.

on 9/8/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cerave's version of Aquaphor was a disappointment for me. Now I love me some Aquaphor, and Cerave cream is my HG moisturizer, so when I got a sample of this stuff I was expecting to love it. Petroleum jelly is a miracle ingredient for my face and I think it's always a winning combination with other moisturizing ingredients. Unfortunately, this ointment is a lot thinner and greasier than Aquaphor is and it doesn't deliver better results -- plus it broke me out.

on 2/2/2016 10:27:00 PM

I love this!! Although I had acne-prone skin when I was younger, since hitting my mid-50s, my face has become extremely dry, sensitive and I have developed eczema on my nose and eyelids. Cortisone creams would clear it up, but it always returned within days of stopping the cortisone, and long- term use of steroids on the face is not a good idea (thins the skin). Creams had no effect. Aquaphor would help, but the eczema never completely cleared up, and my face was left greasy and shiny (unattractive without make-up, but I also couldn't use make-up right over the greasy surface). This ointment is working as well as the cortisone creams, without the steroid side effects (I assume because of the ceramides, which have a reputation for being helpful for eczema). Ointments are greasier than creams, but this one goes on a bit less greasy than Aquaphor and then absorbs to a nice matte finish that is much more attractive. (Those who complain about greasiness that persists more than a few minutes may be using too much - less than a pea sized amount works for me.) It has not caused me any breakouts, but that might have been a problem when I was younger. I use the ointment only on the eczema-prone areas twice a day, immediately after washing my face with Cerave hydrating cleanser (because it doesn't foam up, which tends to dry skin, it works well for me) and while it is still a little damp, and use a regular moisturizer for the rest of my face. Having said all this, I highly recommend this product, but primarily for those with sensitive or eczema-prone skin, not for all-over moisturizing for most people, and probably not for the acne-prone.

on 1/27/2016 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Every since I hit my mid-40's my skin has been doing some HUGE changes especially during the winter time. This year, I experienced the worst dry skin around my lips. *Back story* I recall seeing a coworker with terribly red, chapped lips and couldn't understand why that was happening to her. So I swore this was my bad karma for staring at her.

Anywho, a trip to my local Walgreen's and the cosmetic counter was giving away samples if I checked out there, so, of course, I was going to and the is was my free gift - the CeraVe Healing Ointment.

My lips love it, the skin around my nose loves it and the skin right darn near my tear duct appreciates it SO much! I have thought about regular vaseline, but to me, that product has always felt so heavy.

5 lippies for this product!