COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch

COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch

4.4

on 7/16/2018 5:50:00 AM

These are a life-saver for me. You know that time when your skin starts breaking out for no reason, you`ve done everything you should do, steam facials, used clean ingredients targeted for your skin type, regular dermatologist visits, but yet, your hormones betray you and you wake up with painful cysts and whiteheads? I bought a lot of CosRx stuff out of sheer desperation and I wasn`t expecting much from these patches, but they really work. Last night I applied 3 patches, one to a painful cyst near my mouth that every time I talked or smiled would hurt, the kind of cyst that is buried deep and won`t come to a head for a while, yet when it does, you know it will be even more painful and possibly leave an ugly mark if picked at. And who can resist picking those bastards! Overnight, most of it was flattened and less painful. The clear film turned opaque, and I could see nasty gunk inside it when I lifted it off. The other two patches I placed on cysts that had surfaced and been picked at, but became inflamed again. These looked totally drained after 12 hours, and there was less inflammation around them. I would totally repurchase and I am looking for the Japanese version of these from Nexcare to try as well.

on 6/25/2018 7:06:00 PM

Was going to put 'no' for repurchasing - but then I was worried that might be misinterpreted as the product being ineffective, when it actually works well. Let me explain what I mean.

These are small round hydrocolloid dressings for the face, varying from around a few millimetres in diameter to approximately 1.5cm across. There are 24 mounted on a single sheet of plastic backing, and the outer packaging contains a plastic ziplock below the indicated "cut here to open" line, so you can re-seal the packet after use. Like pretty much all other hydrocolloid dressings, the "sticky" side absorbs fluid, swells as it does so, and forms a gel. It does this while maintaining a moist and well-protected wound healing environment, so healing is quicker while minimising scar formation. This makes them particularly useful for popped or picked pimples, where there's fluid (pus or wound exudate) and where there's a greater likelihood of deeper skin injury. I know the official advice is never pick or pop pimples but I admit, sometimes I just can't resist the urge. Whenever I've scraped or scratched my skin too hard, when creams alone won't help, this stuff is a lifesaver. Not that it will magically heal 100% of all wounds overnight but it certainly flattens and fades a popped whitehead or cyst much more rapidly, and shortens healing time for bigger scrapes and scratches by several days. As an added benefit, it's harder for idle hands to skim over facial skin absentmindedly and start aggravating and picking since the dressing is physically in the way - again helping speed healing.

Now as to why I wouldn't buy this particular product again - it's the amount of patches you get for the price. I now buy unbranded hydrocolloid dressing sheets from my local pharmacy and cut to size, it's more product for far cheaper.

on 5/1/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

As previous reviews have stated, amazing for compulsive pickers like me. Reduces inflammation, helps spots heal much faster and scar less. I find that it helps with cystic acne too, the inflammation and tenderness subside faster when I use these. The best part is that it helps me pick at my acne less, though, because it heals so much faster and better. Love it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These things really are as good as everyone says. I have dermotillomania (compulsive skin picking), so I can't leave spots on my face alone. The patches help to heal the picked areas faster, smooth them out, and ultimately leave no marks behind. I've also found that they work very well on un-picked pimples too, because they can flatten and shrink them in one night.

on 4/28/2018 11:40:00 AM

These work amazingly well to pull pus and gunk out of pimples, and reduce inflammation. Make sure you apply to spots that have a head, or have been lanced, in order for them to be able to drain the spot. I use these at nighttime and my acne looks so much better in the morning. They also protect your skin from additional bacteria (or picking), which is another benefit.

This pimple patch does what it says, it does dry up zits the next morning. BUT, only on smaller zits with a head. Not really useful on any larger pimples that kinda "hide" under the skin. :(

on 3/12/2018 10:22:00 AM

I truly recommend this product, it really does work with the acne pimple. I will definitely buy this over and over again.

on 2/17/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This hydrogel patch works wonders on drawing out the pus/sebum on pimples and whitehead. This will not work on cysts or blackheads. How I use these patches: first cleanse face and hands. Then lance and extract the pimple/whitehead. Don't squeeze too hard, just extract the sebum/pus. If you see blood, you are pressing too hard. Then apply this hydrogel patch. I do this at night. Then I go ahead with my usual night skincare routine: tone, serum, moisturize. Patches stick very well, don't budge when I am applying my skincare, and don't fall off over night. In the morning remove the patch, gently lift edge and it peels off. Doesn't leave any sticky residue. This patch will draw out any drainage from the pimple/whitehead. I find the pimple is flat and much of the irritation is resolved. Also prevents from "picking". I no longer use my "drying lotion" thanks to these patches. Price point, not super expensive if you only have to deal with a pimple once in a while. Price would add up it you need to use this daily.

on 2/2/2018 12:09:00 PM

I prefer OXY 10.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't think I would love these, but I really do. I use various products to keep my skin clear, and it works, even if I'm oily and acne-prone. However, PMS always gives me oilier skin, which leads to pimples here and there. I use a patch as soon as I see a pimple forming, and it flattens it overnight. It sucks out all of the oil and gunk and you're left with a small flat red mark- then it's up to you to make it disappear. I personally rotate vit c, retinol + ferulic and a good AHA+BHA treatment. I don't think it will be a godsend if you're struggling with severe acne, as you will go through these fast, and you won't be treating the problem. However, it works wonders for occasional, hormonal red bumps. Nothing else worked for me- masks, treatment oils, creams, gels... I tried anything to achieve these results and these patches take the cake. I repurchased immediately!