4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

If you get the odd pimple pop up every now and again, this may just be the thing for you...these come in 3 different sizes and work overnight. First time I used them I made the mistake of using a size slightly too small (they have to completely cover the pimple up to its outer circumference at the very least!) and disappointed the next morning as it hadn't seemed to work. Next time I used the medium size - which is what I seem to be going through the fastest and voila...the pimple was much smaller after 7 hours of applying the patch. I don't find them useful for cystic acne, those under the skin bumps that are sore to the touch - a tiny bit of Hydrocortisone usually helps with those, but for whiteheads these are unbeatable. As I have oily skin I'm more prone to whiteheads than I am to under the skin pimples. They usually pop up on my forehead or nose (my oiliest areas) and as tempted as I might be to pick at them up I nearly always go with the more sensible option and apply a dot of The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% & Zinc 1% which does a really neat job at reducing them, however I find these patches are much more effective, overnight vs a couple of days with Ordinary. I honestly thought they would contain Salicylic Acid, Tea tree or some other acne fighting ingredient - as all acne products do, was very surprised to discover nothing whatsoever in here I'm used to seeing. Apparently it's the Cellulose Gum that draws up the impurities. Whatever the combination of unique ingredients are they sure work! One thing to be aware of is using on consecutive nights, on the same pimple if it's not completely flattened. I tried doing that but it made my skin slightly sore and tender so I avoid doing that now. If there's still a need to use by day 3 (very rare) I don't find any problems doing that as my skin has had a 24 hour break and I can use another patch without issues, but on consecutive nights for me is a definite no-no! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 months ago

These are AMAZING! Pimples are so flat the next day after the gunk has been sucked out. Although it's funny because these seem to only work for me AFTER i've popped the pimple. Otherwise, the pus and oils and debris do not get soaked up onto the sticker. Not sure if anyone else experiences this.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

9 months ago

These are a staple in my medicine cabinet. I first learned about them from Rio, who writes about skincare and makeup for The Strategist and I am so glad I found them. These are basic hydrocolloid patches that you apply to clean, broken skin overnight. They absorb secretions while you sleep and in the morning the site is smooth, flatter, and less red and irritated so you can cover it with some concealer and move on with your day. I rarely get breakouts anymore (thanks to spironolactone--an absolute miracle drug for me), but they also have been great for when I have flaky red tender areas around my nose and mouth from cold winter weather or getting too carried away with my exfoliating face cloth. These are SUPER cheap too. I order mine from Amazon for about $5/pack.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

9 months ago

It completely doesn't improve pimples. Sometimes it works for already popped ones but that's all. I suppose it may be helpful if someone gets like 2 pimples a month, but i wouldn't recommend it for people actually struggling with acne.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

9 months ago

It didn't do anything for me.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 months ago

These aren't to a surgical standard, as I have used some given by a derm/surgeon in Korea that stuck on for days upwards to a week. However, these do last on for a day or two without application of makeup or skincare directly around used area. They are clear and do look rather shiny so may be noticeable to the naked eye, but useful enough for me to continue using, as I have used some assortments from Korea that are even less effective. I find that these are effective only on whiteheads for myself.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

10 months ago

The pimple plasters are the first I’ve ever tried and I’m seriously beginning to wonder why I held off buying these for so many years. Skepticism probably. I used them on 3 cystic pimples which I got from using Pixi Glow Tonic. The pimples were huge and painful and I had already picked on them but it wouldn’t dissapate even after a week. In desperation I thought, why not, the pimples are already marring my face and it can’t get any worse or more painful. After washing and patting my face dry, I immediately stuck the patches on first before going about my night time facial care routine around the patches. I woke up and was surprised the patches were still in place and with great delight the pimples were flattened!! There was gunk in the patches. The scars are definitely still there but getting it to this stage overnight made me really happy. Definite repurchase and have already stored a few packs for emergencies

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

I seem to be in the serious minority here, but these patches underwhelmed me. First of all, they are not very sticky at all. Your skin has to be *perfectly* dry for these to adhere. I'd have to wait over an hour after my nighttime routine before applying these, and even then they often slide off my face by morning. I also don't think that these are as effective at drawing out gunk as the Nexcare acne patches. The reason is with the Nexcare ones, in the morning I can see the little spots of white gunk in the bandage, the gross stuff the bandage drew out. I have never, ever seen this with these COSRX patches. I actually Googled them because I wasn't sure if I remembered correctly that COSRX claimed they were hydro colloid, but they do indeed call them hydro colloid bandages. My experience with other hydro colloid bandages is that they can be downright miraculous in getting rid of acne overnight, but these COSRX ones, I think maybe I can see a bit of improvement? But not significant enough to be sure it's not just the normal amount of improvement you'd see overnight.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

These are the first hydrocolloid acne dressings I've ever used and I regret not finding them sooner!! They are very effective on pimples that have come to a head or have been picked/extracted. Overnight, they are greatly reduced in size and redness and often are flat by morning. My only complaint is that they do not work on pimples that not have come to a head and can even make them take longer to come to a head, they just hang around at that painful, under-the-skin phase. I was hoping they would make them go away without erupting. I will definitely keep using these, they make such a difference in healing my active pimples.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Absolute must for taming hormonal chin pimples so they go away quickly without leaving scars. Also seem to take the pain out of big swollen cyst-like pimples. You notice a difference in a few hours. The patches seem to hoover out the gross stuff meaning your skin heals faster.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43