no images

price range

Reviews

from

7 years ago

This is just wonderful, why has LUSH made this Retro!! Light lemon scent, leaves my long, fine hair clean (but not dried out), shiny and fluffy. Would love to use it everyday, but since it is so hard to find, I save it for special occasions. Other LUSH Shampoos like Rehab, Cynthia Sylvia Stout or Fairtrade Honey are fabulous, too- but this is the best !

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

This shampoo is hands down, my favorite shampoo. My hair is oily and fine, and the ends get dry. I am also sensitive to certain ingredients that seem to be in many shampoos (like sodium chloride), but I do like sulfates. This is the only lemon shampoo that I have found that contains SLES (beware the website lists SLS, but I emailed LUSH and they confirmed it's SLES, as listed on the bottle), but does not contain some of the other ingredients I am trying to avoid. It cleans my hair very well without stripping or tangling. The lemon candy scent is lovely. This shampoo is expensive ($30 for 16.9 ounces plus $6 shipping), but I only use a little so it will last me a long time. Edit 6/26- my $30 shampoo went rancid 6 months before the expiration date! Not sure that I would buy this again now...

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

This is for clarifying and not daily use. I follow this up with a apple cider vinegar rinse on days I clarify. This has a strong lemon scent. Gets the job done and gets all the stuff out of my hair. Excellent if you use cones. Overuse can lead to dry hair. I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

10 years ago

I absolutely love this shampoo! I admit, I was nervous about ordering it online sight unseen but it had many good reviews. It smells beautiful and lemony and is a nice thick gel. I only have to use a tiny amount and i think this bottle is defnitely going to last about 4 months. Taking that into account its cost per use is fantastically low, especially for a lush product. I use this a couple days a week since it is intended as a clarifying shampoo. I think everyday use would be a bad idea. On the days i use this my hair has so much shine and more body than it ever has. I have long & baby fine fine naturally blond hair that is currently color treated.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

15 years ago

I love this shampoo. It smells so yummuy, like fresh squeezed lemons and is a very good clarifying shampoo. I find that a little bit goes a long way once you get it in your hair. After I shampoo with this, my thin, but very thick hair looks fabulous. Shiny and full of body! It is very watery, but the SA at the store warned me about that when I was buying it, assuring me that that was normal. The price was good since I bought it when it was on clearance :( I wish I had bought more. The only complaint is that the bottle isn't very sturdy. I broke the cap on mine after it had a little fall off the shelf in the shower. I would buy this again if I could, but I guess now I'll just have to ration it!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

16 years ago

I really like this shampoo- it has a fabulous, slightly sweet, strong lemon scent, and it lathers really well. I'm sorry this got discontinued, I wish I had more of it.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

16 years ago

Decent clarifying shampoo. Leaves my color-treated hair squeaky clean but not overly dried out. Great zesty lemon scent -reminds me of Burts Bees vitamin E oil. Not for daily use as it can be stripping, I use it once every 2 weeks.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone

17 years ago

I have been had! It does clean out grease and residue and has a clean lemon scent but... It has the same scent, consistency, and effect on my hair as local Lemon Dishwashing liquid! Seriously. Don't get me wrong it's a great product but the dishwahing liquid is 1/5 the price.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

17 years ago

This is a FABULOUS clarifying shampoo. And it smacks of natural lemon, not artificial. Fantastic for citrus lovers. And it cleans like nothing I've used! It really rocks, and leaves my hair shiny and my conditioner works so well after using this. Shame they're discontinuing it :( . I meant to add, don't be put off by how runny it is, it really cleans and lathers superb.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

17 years ago

Yes, this stuff really smells like lemon juice! I feel energized after I use it, especially when I also use the Veganese Conditioner, which smells similar. The lemon juice, when reacted with the sun, help to lighten my black hair and give it some highlights, which i absolutely love! Not cheap here in Hong Kong but then for a shampoo and highlighter it works great!!!

About reviewer (126 reviews)

AgeUnder 18