3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 months ago

I am so disappointed with these products. I purchased Olaplex 3-6 in 100ml bottles. I paid around 65 euro for the trio. Pricey considering the quantity. I have used each a few times now in the hope that my fine, highlighted, dry hair would be somewhat restored but sadly no, not even close! There was no difference between these products and your regular store hair products for 5 quid. 👎🏼

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

3 months ago

I'll start by saying I don't have chemically treated hair, but it is curly/wavy and grey, and I bought the hype that this is a good treatment for curly hair. I've used it 4 times now, both following directions and not following directions (leaving it on longer than 15 minutes) and it didn't do a thing. Nothing different. So I'll use it up, because I've already spent the money and it doesn't appear to be hurting my hair. But I wish I had saved that money and used it towards Christophe Robin's Prickly Pear Oil Mask instead, because that stuff *really* makes a difference in my hair (and I only need to use about a teaspoon every other week).

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

4 months ago

I've had this for a month and have been waiting to review. Honestly, I love it. My hair is not incredibly damaged; there's not a lot of breakage. My natural hair color is around a level 5-6; I dye it to level 3-4 and have been doing so for over five years. In the last year, I've wanted to lighten and warm up my hair with balayage. The color looks great but I was very wary of damage from bleach. Olaplex has been part of my salon appointments so I also bought the #3 leave-in. It makes a huge difference in how strong my hair feels, how soft and smooth it is, and how less frizzy it is. Bleaching somewhat altered the texture of my hair making it more wavy in areas. Olaplex #3 tames that and smooths everything out. I have been using this as the Holiday Hair Fix set which came with the shampoo, conditioner, #3, and #6 leave-in treatment. They're all good products, but the #3 is the real holy grail. I will never be without it again.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 months ago

This my HG treatment for my hair. This one saved my hair after going from dark hair to really blonde. I have fine hair. I use it every week and the results are extraordinary.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 months ago

I had tried this years ago (around 4 years ago) and at the time I hadn't been that impressed, it seemed to make my hair feel like straw, perhaps because my hair was glossy and shiny and healthy, or the formula was more protein heavy, I am not sure. Since then I have had some bleached highlights and some hairdressers haven't been brilliant. My current one is wonderful, but took time to find. My hair however has got very dry and puffy. So I tried Olapex again recently. I tried an in salon Olapex treatment, and took step 3 home. I was impressed. This 3 step process added a swish and a soft substance to my hair I forgot could exist. I have used the step 3 once a week at home and continues to bring back the soft and shine from the in salon treatment. I think that the steps 1 and 2 need to be done for step 3 to work well (perhaps I'd not done that the first time I had tried Olapex). For me, I think that this will become a staple that will make my hair glossy in time. I only wish wish wish I had used it for the last 4 years at every in salon treatment. I wish!!!!! If I had known then what I know now. You can't buy new hair, invest in it, it makes a world of difference to your appearance.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBrown

7 months ago

I don't have great hair - thin, and naturally prone to frizz and breakage. I usually have blonde foils as well. Over the years I have tried a lot of things, and never accept a miracle. But this is hands down the best product I have ever bought for my hair. I use it once a week, and there is a notable difference in the ends. I had to go to the hairdresser this week because my roots were growing out, whereas usually I have to go because my ends are a nightmare. I do wonder if some of the lower ratings are when people leave it on overnight. I leave it on for 15 mins, and have found it amazing, both on the day I use it but also for the next week or two I see a distinct improvement in my hair texture. IMO, it's not cheap, but it does work!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

7 months ago

First off people are leaving this stuff on for too long, if your hair is getting brittle or stiff it means that you kept it on longer than 10-30 mins. It's not a deep conditioning treatment or a mask. Max I leave it on for 15mins. After one treatment I can already feel a difference.' Only time will tell if it helps long term or I see crazy results. I expect you have to use it diligently for a few months to see the real benefits. For the most part it has the same ingredients as #2 just in lower quantities.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairOther

8 months ago

Whenever I find my highlighted hair breaking off and landing on the floor I use Olaplex 3:--usually once a month, and after coloring especially. I see less breakage..I think it helps; yep, and I admit, after hair coloring disasters in the past and trying to grow my chopped hair out I'm desperate not to lose more... Follow this with a very good deep conditioner though!!! Just to do the best thing for your hair. However, reading about those who have applied to their hair for many hours (overnight) I would not recommend this as the instructions do not--I think 10-20 minutes (kept damp under a shower cap) would be the safest/best thing to do as the instructions on the product line are there for a reason, IMHO. Edited: my colorist advises me to use it once a week as the results accumulate, so I'm doing that. No regrets!!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 months ago

So my hair isn't chemically treated but it is wavy to curly (2c) and prone to split ends and frizz. I had seen a lot of reviews from curly-haired people saying this was great for enhancing curl patterns similar to a protein treatment but better. Since I started using it, my curl pattern has more springy, more consistent and I have a lot less frizz. I was using it once a week but now I'm using it every other week because my hair isn't actually damaged, plus I like to use an oil treatment for moisture on the alternating weeks. Pretty easy to use, I dampen my unwashed hair with a spray bottle, and leave this on for about 30-60 minutes then wash off in the shower and condition and style as normal. I've tried all kinds of protein treatments and find that this works better and it doesn't leave that dryness protein treatments can cause.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

9 months ago

This product saved my hair from total ruin. I had a balayage done, which I tried to replicate at home because I was trying to be cheap. Well, you get what you pay for. I almost fried my hair to frizzles and although they didn’t snap, they became very dry and brittle. I researched and started applying Olaplex 3 twice a week. It made a huge difference from the first use, and after a few weeks’ of regular use, my hair went back to being healthy. I reduced the frequency to once a week and began to use it overnight. I still use it occasionally, especially before and after colouring. I always apply it on clean hair and leave it overnight. I wash it off in the morning and follow with a hair mask. I definitely recommend this product for anyone who has process damage in their hair and who needs intensive repair. Keratin treatments, protein masks, etc will make things only worse until you repair the hair from the inside with Olaplex.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm