Olaplex Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

3.9

Water (Aqua), Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Quaternium-91, Sodium Benzoate, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-37, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Etidronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

Olaplex 3 is all hype. Does no more than a good deep condition with a drug store brand. Very disappointed for the price. Maybe it’s the low concentration of active ingredient compared to #1. Have tried two bottles really hoping, based on rave reviews but it is not effective and absolutely NOT worth the price. FYI I have dark brown Asian haïr that Jae in Austin killed with bleach attempting a balayage over a year ago. Healthy hair down to the middle of my back was fried yellow. Broke and fell out and am trying to nurse it back. Really wish Olaplex worked.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It made such a huge difference to my hair! I've only dyed my hair 3 times but the most recent one I went quite light for my jet black hair and I hated the way it felt, it was so dry and brittle and horrible. My usual hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner wasn't making enough of a difference. So during a recent Sephora sale I got No3 and have been loving it. I don't keep it on over night but I damp my hair with some water and apply Olaplex No 3 as soon as I get home from work and leave it on for a few hours while I make and eat dinner and that's enough time to make a noticeable difference. I don't even use the Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner (to save a few $$, I just use my usual shampoo and conditioner) it still gives me a great result. It leaves my hair super soft, smooth and silky feeling, there is still some breakage but no where as bad. I can't stop touching my hair the next day after I've used this. It is expensive but you don't need a lot (I have thick shoulder length hair). Depending on what I do with my colour I will repurchase and will recommend to everyone. Really love this product!

Kind of lived up to some of the hype. Left it on overnight and found my hair washed out nicely and felt stronger (as opposed to the fake ‘fix’ masks give), super expensive for such a little bottle too.
My worst problem I have and the reason I will not repurchase is how much static it causes in my hair. I have no idea why or how but until I’ve washed my hair 2 more times after using it (i wash my hair every 3 days) i have full blown static anytime my face or hand goes near my hair!!!

Not a miracle product by any means.
Made my hair seem healthier but the static is beyond a joke. I have straight hair that turns into an electrified afro.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The fanfare around this product frightens me a little bit. I’ve tried it multiple times, most recently purchasing it from Nordstrom to make sure I got a real product. I wish I could report that I had no results but I had negative results. I also used the OlaPlex #6 & together this combination made my hair look & feel like a complete rats nest. Now granted, my hair is damaged which is why am seeking products like this, but this made it so much worse. It literally feels like straw. That #6 is thick as molasses & I had to wash it 3x today to get it all out. I I also did a deep mask after The #3, and added a serum to the #6 to dilute it, which I’m trying to avoid (silicones). It took me over an hour to get ready today just to go run errands. I was so embarrassed by my hair and this has never happened. I was looking around for scarves or do-rags of sorts. Even the go-to high ponytail looked like the muppet from Fraggle Rock.
For reference I have a long, thick, curly/frizzy, bleached hair that is massive (like five heads of a normal person’s hair). To saturate My hair I need to use half the bottle so basically two uses for $30 and additional damaged hair to show for it?!! I love a luxury product as much as the next woman...I won’t be repurchasing anything from this line.

I moved recently and had to find a new hair stylist. For the last 6 months she has said I MUST use this if I color my hair. So of course I bought into it. I had healthy beautiful hair and was perfectly happy with the other professional products I was using but the allure of something new proved to be a big mistake. Steps 1 and 2 are done at the salon by the stylist with product direct from Olaplex. Step 3 was this pre-shampoo bonding agent (not a conditioner)that supposedly coats your hair and protects from damage. I was sold Step 3 at the salon to use at home. Step 4 shampoo and Step 5 conditioner I bought directly from Olaplex online. This stuff has made my hair texture completely change. It is dry and coarse now. And when the bonding agent comes off it breaks your hair off with it. Even the stylist that sold it to me remarked last visit how my hair texture had changed. I have switched hairstylists and moved on to someone with more product knowledge and doesn’t push Olaplex. Luckily I quit using this stuff before it was really too late. But the damage done will take some time to repair. Really disappointing after a long time of growing out my hair and it was so beautiful before this lame product. I am now using an organic product line purchased at my new salon called Davines which is putting moisture back in my hair and the texture is already much better after just 2 hair masks.

Sadly this has never helped my hair. I’ve bought it over and over but no difference. First time I used it was when I got a head of highlights on my very long thick and healthy box dyed black hair. We did the olaplex 1 and 2 treatment in the salon, but the hair was still feeling dry. They gave me step 3 to take away and use weekly, but I found when I did use step 3, my hair was dry and brittle, moreso than when I wouldn’t use it. So over the course of the year I eventually got so many highlights that I went blonde. I recently got this step 3 as a gift. So have been using it. Really when I use it my hair needs washing more frequently as my ends go dry and crispy quickly, without using the olaplex my hair is in better condition even after all the bleach.

I always got this treatment from a reputable salon so I know it’s not a fake.

A few comments on the price and packaging. This price point really doesn’t benefit those of us with long and thick hair. I got a few uses out of it? And for £24 that is quite shocking, considering this isn’t a deep or restoring treatment. And the bottle makes it hard to squeeze product out when it’s coming to the end of its life and you’re trying to get as much out as you can because of the crazy price.

I really think this olaplex at home step is a placebo effect because I’ve seen no positive improvement to my hair at all. Won’t be buying again unless it’s a gift

I have never written a review before but this deserved one.
My hair has been ruined for years! Not from colouring it but from straightening and I believe hormones. I have been to doctors as my hair was falling out in clumps and breaking off. I have tried every product under the sun, I have tried every shampoo/conditioner/the curly girl method etc. Nothing worked. I bought this and have used it twice and my hair is so shiny and I've had minimal breakage. It actually looks completely different to how it looked a week ago. Normally I'd run my fingers through my hair and have 5 strands break off, now they go through smoothly with no issues. The price is a bit high for the small amount but it's well worth it. For anyone having issues definetly try this. It is amazing!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I suspect the negative reviews on this product are from people who purchased theirs from Amazon, or some other third-party retailer where you're not sure youre actually getting the real product. Or these are people with unrealistic expectations... if your hair is really severely damaged from years of bleach, heat, saltwater, etc, it will NOT put it back to perfect virgin hair. If you're expecting that, you're also going to be disappointed. I'd say it restores hair to about 75% of where it was originally. You need to have realistic mindsets with these types of products.

I have ombre'd the sh*t out of my naturally dark hair for years, and all that lifting took its toll. I do find that this product DOES work better if you get the No. 1 and No. 2 done first at the salon, and then maintain with the No. 3. The cons to this is, that you do not get much product for your buck. I have since cut my hair to around shoulder-length, but had almost waist length hair for the past few years and I'd get *maybe* 2 uses out of the whole bottle.

This stuff has worked far better than any other mask, treatment or method I've tried, and believe me, I've tried tons.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There's probably a reason that Olaplex 1 and 2 is meant for Salon use only(!) and no 3 for home use, even though there are ways/salespoints to purchase all 3, but not by default.
As far as I've read, no 1 is for adding to colouring, which will protect the hair from damage, no 2 as an after-colouring treatment, and the no 3 for maintenance-treatments at home (every 2/3 weeks).
When I read (eg) a review by Hlynn8585 (on 10/16/2018) telling us she "left on 1 and 2 overnight " I can only scratch my head: you combined both 1 and 2 (and left it overnight)?? That can't be good, imho, I only know of possibly doing so by using no 3 (as in using it as a hair mask). If you read up on the technology and its executive processes it makes a lot of sense too.
I don't know, but I suspect that even a lot of hairdressers aren't too informed, cause I do know from experience they can get it blatantly wrong, and end up blaming it on (fill in whatever) because they don't want to assume responsibility.
Don't just read the bloggers, go to the source and the tech-data, and refrain from "tinkering".

Awesome, totally heals and changes completely the texture of fried frizzled and damaged strands. A+