Garnier Fructis Repairing Treat with Papaya Extract

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use this once weekly as a deep treatment. It does add hydration and detangle my fine, dry, hair.It just works ok for me, not a stand out product. Has a tropical papaya scent that does not linger in my hair. This is such a small container at 3.4 oz, that it makes it kind of expensive for a drugstore brand. I could buy a prestige brand for not that much difference per ounce.

Hey! Thanks for reading this review =)

Lets start. My hair is thinning but I have good volume and its just past my shoulders, it's naturally strawberry blond and processed i.e. highlighted, I blow-dry and flat iron, I wash every 2-3 days, I also use a number of products on my hair but not all at once such as: Moroccan Oil (light), dry shampoo, shine spray, light hair spray use. I usually use virgin coconut oil as an overnight hair mask, but I noticed this item on sale whilst picking up a few things at Superstore and I had heard good things about it so I thought meh for $4 bucks, wth.

Question: Am I the only one who goes in for bananas and eggs yet l head straight to the cosmetics just in case theres something I can't live without.... lol yeah I do believe "sucker" is my second name. I used this product in the same manner as I do with the coconut oil, applied a generous amount to the ends of my hair, wrapped it in a towel and off to bed.

After showering the next day I did my usual hair routine and the biggest difference was how ultra bouncy my hair was. I DON'T ever have bouncy hair unless I've been at the stylist and she does her magic but at home, just me? Nope almost never happens. This product worked exactly as described and promised....... wait for real? Yea its such a pleasant surprise huh. It smells fab, its cutesy packaging looks very gram worthy on my shower shelf, but the very best part is that it doesn't weigh my thin, hair down at all. This did give me a better result than the coconut oil as a deep conditioner. I will try it as a 1 minute conditioner next time I wash my hair and see what happens but so far, this product delivers its promise IMO.

Nice work Garnier, tres bien >'.'<

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this stuff. Bought it off the clearance rack at a Shopko while traveling because I ran out of my Biosilk smoothing serum and there wasn't a place that sold it. Paid $3 for 3.4oz I was skeptical and only bought it because it was clearance. I'd purchase at full price, but wish they included more product.

The packaging is inconvenient and messy, not to mention the color scheme and lable graphics look very outdated. Looks like a product from the 70's.... The jar is sturdy with a well fitting lid and I am considering keeping it after the product is gone, to put homemade scrubs in. That's a plus.

I use it to smooth my dry and damaged ends and it works well, giving lots of shine while not making it look oily and dirty. I haven't used it as a hair mask yet. Plus it smells like absolute HEAVEN. Smells like an exotic tropical vacation I cannot go on at the moment. I'd use it just to smell like it. I have yet to see if it actually repairs any damage but the scent is a winner for me.

Budget friendly and delightful scent, I'd keep it around.

Can be used 3 ways:
1. 1 minute leave in mask
2. Conditioner
3. Leave in

I must say it works really really well all 3 ways!! Super inexpensive, and smells like strawberry hi-chew!! My only complaint is the packaging allows water to flow in easily which dilutes the formula.

Photos and full review: http://jayyangg.blogspot.ca/2018/02/beauty-garnier-fructis-repairing-treat.html

Popular Hair Treatments