4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

First, I suggest you watch Dr. Dray's video on keratosis pilaris. Anyways, the gist of her video is consistency w/ a moisturizing cream and a treatment cream. This product is a treatment. While I haven't been consistent (I've only done it for two days), I've noticed even after one day that my skin felt the softest and smoothest that it's been in awhile. I give this three stars because as it's starting to get more humid and warm, I'm noticing how extremely sticky this is and almost uncomfortable to apply in the warmer months. The smell, as others have noted, is not the best. There's almost a "sour"ness to it (I know, gross). I truly have noticed results though. I might save this for the winter months when it's not so humid. I was also kind of surprised by the price; I believe it was almost $10 at WalMart. Just kind of surprised me for Gold Bond.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

8 months ago

I like the light scents of the gold bond lotions and thought this would be the same. It actually smells like cheese. I was immediately filled with regret for purchasing due to the disgusting odor. The first night I wore it to bed, I ended up getting out of bed in the middle of the night to wash it off my arms and put scented lotion on because I couldn't stand the smell anymore. I didn't want to go near my husband with this on because I felt like I reeked. Over time, I got used to it and this stuff did do a wonderful job with my skin. It did leave my skin soft, smooth and evenly toned. The product works. It was just so unpleasant to use. Even smelling it on the towels after a shower (I put my cream on before getting out of the shower) made me cringe. I think you should look forward to your evening routine and not dread it. And I think that there are other creams out there that work as well that do not smell like cheese. I give this a 5 for function but zero for the odor.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I really like the thick gel-cream texture of this product, but I don't know that it's any more effective than normal lotion for rough and bumpy skin. In fairness to the product, I didn't use it as consistently as I should have--though that's mostly because this stuff smells really weird. Your mileage may vary. I (eventually) finished my tub, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. If you can stand the smell, this stuff is reasonably priced for a large amount (about $9 for 8 ounces). And again, the texture is very nice.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Wow--I figured I'd try this after spending almost $80 for two tubes of KP Duty that I used up in succession. Instead of buying a 3rd KP duty, I thought I'd try this super cheap alternative. And it works! Much better than the KP Duty as my KP is gone on one arm and almost completely gone on the other. I do not like the large tub format--not very hygienic, but since I only use it after showering, I figure I'm probably okay. I find it does ball up/rub off a bit but not as much as some of the other reviewers. It does stay tacky on my upper arms throughout the day, but I'm okay with that. I will purchase again.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

2 years ago

I have never had a problem with bumpy skin. I exfoliate regularly with a Salux and all seemed well until the last year or so. My problem was rough, bumpy skin on my upper arms/shoulders. I purchased this a week ago and, within 2 days (not kidding!), the bumps are gone! The skin is smooth and silky. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does tend to pill/roll off but I feel that is dead skin leaving, much like the old Soft Feet and Hands. I used this morning and night for the first three days and now just after my evening shower. I'm always in awe when something works this fast. I don't mind the huge tub but I suspect that some of the exfoliating ingredients will dissipate quicker because of the tub.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

This is the best lotion, for the price, I have found that dramatically reduces Keratosis Pelaris on my arms and legs. Even my cousin who also has KP commented on how smooth the back of my arms looked. The problem I have with this is that it sits on top of the skin and balls up really badly. I can only use this after I shower, physically exfoliation, and am about to go to bed. You can’t use this in the morning before putting clothes on because it will come off. It’s kind of unfortunate because it really works to keep KP at bay when using it 2+ times a week. I’m still on the hunt for an aha body lotion that sinks into the skin better but I would repurchase.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

After trying KP duty, and having less than optimal results I decided to give Gold Bond's rough & bumpy skin a try. Overall I am pleased on how well this creme has reduced the KP on the back of my upper arms. I'd say about 80% clear. The redness is almost all gone after diligent use x 1 month. I apply at night, as prior reviewers say it's a bit tacky. Apply a thin layer, and I rub it in for about 1 minute seems to lessen the tackiness. Only down side is the jar application not so hygienic.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

the smell/texture of this stuff is absolutely terrible, which is why i don't use it as often as i'd like. it smells like a sneeze and goes on sticky. with that said, it did smooth out my arms and i saw a pretty noticeable change in my kp. another downside to it is that it also made my skin peel, which i hated. don't know if i'd purchase again....overall i give it a 3.5/5.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

from

3 years ago

Pretty much everything dootoot said - It has helped with my kp, this and dry brushing. Has a noticeable smell but it dissipates after a few minutes or so and can be a little sticky if you use too much; add thin layers. Also helps with dry heals. I don't think I'll repurchase only because I would prefer a pump bottle, for hygiene reasons, and want to try the Curel version, which comes in a pump. However if that doesn't work out, I know Gold Bond has a winner.

About reviewer (302 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

This definitely reduced my KP, and made my skin very soft and less bumpy wherever I used it. It does have a noticeable smell that lingers after you put it on, but the cream sinks in completely after about 10min. I would prefer a pump bottle, for hygiene reasons. It won't completely get red of KP, but it will reduce it. And for Canadians trying to find it in store, you'll have to order it online.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18