Klorane Shampoo with Desert Date

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.4

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Lauryl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Decyl Glucoside, Balanites Aegyptiaca Seed Extract, Benzoic Acid, Caramel, Citric Acid, Cocamide Mea, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Laureth-10, Limonene, Maltodextrin, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol, Yellow 6 (Cl 15985).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not terribly impressed with this shampoo by Klorane. It's marketed as being very gentle, for dry damaged hair. They tout the desert date as a key ingredient because it has fatty acids and proteins that purport to repair damaged hair. And I will give them this, it's fairly high on the ingredient list. However, you know what is higher? Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which many people with dry hair find stripping and harsh. I'm about halfway through the bottle and since I started using it, my hair has gotten noticeably drier and frizzier. On top of that, I don't think it cleanses very well because I am finding my shampoos don't last as long as they have with other products. A 6.7 oz bottle cost me $15 - and I don't recommend you spend your hard-earned dollars on this at all.

on 12/4/2016 1:43:00 AM

I started using this with the dessert date conditioning balm and leave-in treatment a couple of weeks ago. Can't rave about it enough! I bought it all three half-price but think I would probably pay full price knowing how nice it makes my hair!
My hair has a slight wave and used to air-dry with lots of fly-aways but it has been drying really nicely with these products and stays nice for 4 days until I wash it again.
Great surprise that it also seems to have eliminated the bit of dandruff I had before!
I noticed some people don't like the smell. I don't mind it at all - it does smell like dates, and is a bit earthy, so it's different to the usual fruity/floral scents but I quite like that about this shampoo. Have been recommending to lots of friends :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Im amazed at the people who claim that this works really well for them and Im happy for them, but it did the exact opposite for me. I bought this since the ends of my hair are bleached and died, and i thought this shampoo, claiming to be for dry brittle hair would be great for me. My natural hair is naturally very thick, voluminous, and I dont have a problem with oil or dryness. However, one use of this and it feels like all the natural oils are immediately stripped from my hair, leaving it feeling like straw. The only time I can really use this shampoo is when i leave amla oil in my hair before I shower, since it does a pretty good job of washing it out in one or two rinses compared to the 2-3 of my other shampoo. I definetly cannot use this on a regular basis and if anything, it dried my hair out more. very disappointing,

on 11/15/2015 8:32:00 PM

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I love it! It works really well with my thick, long hair. It gives it moisture and shine. I will definitely buy a full size bottle once I go through my sample.

on 9/22/2014 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have very fine, dry hair and this is one of the few shampoos that does not leave my hair feeling stripped or frizzy when dried. It gently cleanses without leaving a film on my hair. Contains olive oil, desert date and wheat protein. Has a light scent that does not linger.