3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I bought this last week. I love the packaging, and I agree it should be a BB cream. I apply a pea size amount to my hands, and rub it into my skin gently. I wear it over the elf mattifying balm. My skin looks very smooth. I don't need to apply powder. Good product, and great price!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive

3.0

4 months ago

I bought this off a recommendation from one of the Facebook Group members in a makeup group when I was asking for a good foundation that doesn't flash back in flash photography. Based on findation.com, my best match would be 203 True Beige, so I picked this up at Walmart for about $5. Although I have not yet tested whether it is good for flash photography, I have worn it a couple days and find it to be too sticky for my taste. I probably should set it with powder to see if that makes it less sticky. By itself, it does come out of the tube like mousse, and I found it applied just fine to my face (the shade is slightly darker than my natural skin tone but not too noticeable once applied all over). Since I am not fond of the texture, I probably will no be repurchasing this even though the price is good.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

Bought this because it was on a great sale and I never pass those up. The packaging is in a tube and you cannot see the colors so I had to guess which color would match. Luckily, I was pretty close. This is a negative for me because how are you supposed to match your shade if you can't see inside?? The texture is definitely Mousse and does not have any scent. I did apply a Primer first and I am happy with the results. It blended well with a beauty sponge. It does look a bit cakey but gives full Coverage which I prefer because I have porous skin. The label says stay Matte and my face definitely looks Matte. I naturally have oily skin and my face stayed very Matte and fresh for most of the day so this was a Score for me. So, for what the product label says, it does the job. Not bad Rimmel! I would buy this again.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

10 months ago

Picked this foundation up at Walmart a while back and really did try to like it, but I couldn't. I typically use the Wet n' Wild foundation but wanted to try out something different, so I had tried this one. It has a weird consistency, kind of sticky and tacky but whipped at the same time? It was hard to apply and looked streaky and strange on my skin. Hard pass on this one!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

I’ve got the shade: 103 True Ivory It’s not my first Rimmel product that I’m using...I love their pressed powder and bronzer a lot! The way I like to apply the foundation is with my fingers, I just find that this works the best for me and it gives me an even coverage all over the fast + a smooth finish. Before I apply the foundation, I like to apply some moisturiser first, which makes it easier for me to apply. It isn’t a full coverage foundation, which I personally don’t mind + I’m not after full coverage foundations if I’m using it on a daily basis! It can be applied very sheer, but you can build up to a medium coverage which is enough! Pros: - Light weight - Easy to apply - For daily makeup application - Mattifies and stays put all day long Cons: - Only a few shades available - Could be too dry for dry skin types Packaging: It’s a simple packaging and it comes in a tube + the shade is displayed on the tube as well. Price: It’s a drugstore product and it will cost you around $10 dollars depending on where you buy it from. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/HDD2JGSZRuM"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/HDD2JGSZRuM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I'm 47 years old and had high hopes for this formula, thinking that, as a mousse-textured product, that it would glide over the skin and melt in to provide a smooth, consistent skin-like finish. On my own skin, this is not the case at all. This foundation accentuates the crepiness under my eyes like I've never before seen, far worse than sans makeup! Every pore is accentuated and every fine line filled in with product for me. A hard 'pass'.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Hello,I ordered rimmel stay matt foundation in shade true beige (203),it gives me matt and smooth texture look which is a positive point of this foundation as it’s described but when i applied on my face it was bit darker for my skin tone and its not covering my darkcircles and dark spots.... please suggest me one and two tone lighter shade from true beige(203).

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBrown

a year ago

This product should have been called a BB Cream. It's fine when used as a sheer amount - just not to achieve total coverage. If you build it up it does start to look overly matte-ifying and emphasize tiny areas of dryness I never knew I had, and shows all the texture on my skin. This is why it's better for oily skin and needs to be kept sheer for BB Cream type of coverage. I use 010 - light Porcelain which is pink in the tube but blends nicely to look natural on my face. Sometimes putting liquid foundation on my face feels so cold and slimy in the morning so I love how lightweight this mousse feels on me. It probably would not have gotten such bad reviews if it was called a BB cream since it's not meant to be built up due to the issues above. Overall I would still use this on my eyelids as eyeshadow primer and for every day casual makeup look - can't beat $3.19 foundation.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love this! I was looking for a soft everyday foundation I could use since the other one I had was more for night time. I found this and loved it, i use the shade 200. Wearing primer before helps the mousse slide on easier, my skin is combination, i have tiny dry patches in my forehead so priming helps the mousse not stick to these. I use a fluffy brush to blend and it works great, haven’t tried with my beauty blender. It stays on pretty long, even though I sealed it with powder but never retouched and 6 hours later it looks great. Would definitely recommend if you’re looking for a medium coverage everyday foundation, that works well for night time too, and that offers that matte but not dull look. And a little goes on a loong way, no need to use lots of it to get good coverage!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

a year ago

After running out of my KVD lock it foundation, I was on the hunt for a decent and somewhat similar foundation with a waaaaay cheaper price tag on it that would provide a similar medium to fuller coverage application. Being a higher end foundation I know that it sounds funny to try and find a similar knock off to it at the drugstore but I believe that many drugstore foundations have come a long way over the past few years and have definitely upped their game when it comes to coverage and quality. So since being a mom on the go doesn’t always quite allow me to go the extra mile and take the extra time to get all dolled up with a full coverage kind of foundation I usually won’t use them very often and will reach for a more speedy and lighter coverage foundation and/or bb creams/tinted moisturizers on a daily basis. Because of that I didn’t want to pay so much for something that I wouldn’t be using very often. So i was browsing around online for a few drugstore foundation recs on the fuller coverage scale and was intrigued by this one with the mousse texture. That same week I got an email from ulta stating that all rimmel products were on sale so I figured I’d go and check it out. First thing I noticed was that unfortunately there wasn’t a very broad shade range for this particular product but fortunately for me I found that the shade “true ivory” matched me pretty well so that’s the one I ended up purchasing ( I am a mac NW20 in the summer and NC20 in the winter season for reference). I find that this kind of formulation is best applied with a damp beauty blending sponge to give you that flawless poreless look and doesn’t do very well with a brush because it can tend to get kind of streaky with its texture. I have combo skin and found that it left my oily areas shine free to live up to its matte claims and as for my not so oily areas? They were not left with any dry patches like some matte formulations can leave behind. I set it with my PF talc free mineral wear spf 30 loose powder and noticed that the coverage did last me pretty much the entire day in a humid climate so I would say that it is definitely a long wear type of foundation as well. It also has not caused my skin any kind of breakouts or minor irritation and find that it does not oxidize or feel heavy on the skin when applied the way that I mentioned earlier. However, I would not recommend layering this foundation to build up the coverage as it provides a better than decent amount in one application as it is and will then start to become cakey and mask like if you do so. One layer applied meticulously was enough for me to cover up my minor post acne marks, discolorations and little red splotchy areas and for only $5 I was definitely pleased. And as for the packaging? I like that its in a convenient and more hygenic tube for easy dispensing to give you just the right amount of product that you like without being wasteful like some foundations with bulky glass bottles and messy pumps or less hygenic jars. Long story short, if you have oily to combo skin and are looking for a decent mattifying foundation that provides medium to full coverage without breaking the bank I would definitely recommend that you give this one a try!

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age30-35