L'Oreal L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

L'Oreal L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

4.1

CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • OLEA EUROPAEA OIL/OLIVE FRUIT OIL • SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL/ JOJOBA SEED OIL • CAMELINA SATIVA OIL/ CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL • HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED K8OIL/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL • ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL • PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE • ZEA MAYS OIL/CORN OIL • PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL/APRICOT KERNEL OIL • PASSIFLORA EDULIS OIL/ PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL • ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL/RICE BRAN OIL • TOCOPHEROL • LIMONENE • PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS FLOWER OIL • CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS PEEL OIL/ORANGE PEEL OIL • CITRONELLOL • LINALOOL • ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF OIL/ROSEMARY LEAF OIL • GERANIOL • ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF OIL • LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA OIL/LAVENDER OIL • ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER OIL • LAVANDULA HYBRIDA OIL • CUCUMIS SATIVUS FRUIT EXTRACT/CUCUMBER FRUIT EXTRACT • BENZYL ALCOHOL • CITRAL • CURCUMA LONGA EXTRACT/TURMERIC ROOT EXTRACT • EUGENOL • COUMARIN • SCLAREOLIDE • ROSA SPP/ROSE FLOWER OIL • JASMINUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT/JASMINE EXTRACT • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE

on 1/20/2017 10:04:00 AM

During the winter I suffer from terrible wind burn which I've been combating with aquaphor, petroleum jelly, and more recently facial oils. I bought this product hoping it would be a nice cheaper alternative to the Caudelie (Grapeseed oil) or argan oils that I've been using to help quench my thirsty cheeks. Unfortunately I found that even using straight aloe from an aloe plant causes my cheeks to itch. This is the same issue I have with the Age Perfect Glow Renewal oil. It's possible this happens from my allegy to certain pollen/plants, this does have lemongrass oil. It's odd because although it itches I don't get an actual rash and it still moisturizes my skin. Ultimately I'm going to try to mix this oil with some olive oil or vitamin E oils to see if the itchiness lessens as I still adore facial oils.
I think the biggest pro is that the bottling is very nice, the dropper is much more sanitary than having the oil be in a poured bottle.

on 1/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

This facial oil is one of the lightest and most readily absorbed in my arsenal. I have it in a rotation with Tarte Maracuja, Darphin Chamomile Aromatic Care, Fresh Seaberry, and Elishacoy Murumuru Honey oils. The L'Oreal holds its own among these luxury oils but is more affordable. It has a wonderful smell reminiscent of tea and a lovely dry feel that makes it great for layering under makeup. It is heavily fragranced, however, so if you are very sensitive to that, you may want to pass.

I paid $8 for a 1-ounce glass dropper bottle on Amazon Prime.

on 12/20/2016 10:54:00 PM

Hate the fragrance, love the results. I picked this up on a whim - I had run out of my Oil of Olay facial oil, and this was 10 dollars cheaper so I thought I'd give it a try. The scent is overpowering. The citrusy part of it is fine, but there is an herbal undertone that I really don't care for at all. And I did not find that the smell really dissipated - it is on my face, you know - close to my nose ;-) However, it works very well. I put a few drops on right after cleaning my face. It's not greasy unless you use too heavy a hand (which I did on my forehead a few times), and it absorbs quickly. the Oil of Olay facial oil goes on with a much "dryer' feel and I've never been greasy from it, even if I got carried away. What really caught my attention is that right after I put it on I still had the usual dryish patches on my cheeks, but an hour later they were totally gone. Very soft, dewy skin. The product works great, but the bottom line is that so does my Oil of Olay, and I like the fragrance of that one much better. I think this one may be just slightly more moisturizing, but even with that advantage, I think I'd have to turn it down in the future due to my dislike of the scent.

I am a skincare fanatic and have tried everything out there from high end luxury brands to mass market drugstore brands. I have an Ivy League degree and also a graduate degree in business, and I do not discriminate on brands because I know that the mass market drugstore brands have large R&D budgets to work with, in fact many times larger than the luxury high end brands. I am of Asian descent, just turned 40 years old, with truly classic combination, acne-prone and somewhat sensitive skin. I get hormonal cystic break-outs (forehead and temples but also extended to my cheeks and jawline when I was having hormonal issues but now just limited primarily to my forehead and temples), and have an oily T-zone with dry cheeks. My oily T-zone alternates from being dry and flaky to oily. I’ve tried all sorts of facial oils currently on the market (with the exception of any that contain mineral oil as that is pore-clogging and an absolute no-no for acne-prone skin). In the last 5 years, I have tried: Josie Maran Argan Oil, Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate Oil, Clinique Smart Treatment Oil, Guerlain Abeille Royale Face Treatment Oil, Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil, Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil, Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Skin Refining Oil, Origins Plantscription Youth-Renewing Facial Oil, MARULA Pure Marula Facial Oil, Tarte Maracuja Oil, Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil, Sibu Seabuckthorn Oil, KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil, not La Mer (contains mineral oil!), not Bio-Oil (contains mineral oil!), Physicians Formula Argan Oil, Sunday Riley UFO Ultra-Clarifying Facial Oil, Sunday Riley LUNA Oil, Clarins Lotus Oil, Loreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil, Loreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal Facial Oil Light, Loreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil with SPF 30, as well as generic grocery store shelf oils like hemp seed oil, safflower oil, sunflower seed oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil (moisturizing without being heavy), meadowfoam seed oil (moisturizing without being heavy) and rice bran oil (moisturizing without being heavy).

All of these oils have been fine for me – they don’t irritate my skin and they don’t cause me to break out. But hands down, the only two oils of this list of over 20 oils which actually and consistently calm my skin down when I have redness/irritation are the Loreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (not the light version however) and Clarins Lotus Oil. The Loreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil is amazing and the holy grail of oils I have tried. It actually shrink down my zits overnight by half or more when I rub in a drop of oil into the cystic acne (lightly patting/massaging until the oil is absorbed into the skin). Or during the day when I am at home and can skip make-up, I will do the same 2-3 times over the course of the day, and by evening, my skin is completely calmed down, the redness is gone and my acne has shrunk down by half or more and is no longer red/angry. There have been many times when I have been able to prevent a full-blown break-out by treating the area that looks like it could be starting to break-out. I have tested this amazing ability to shrink down zits many times over the last 5 years vs. other oils (whether cystic acne deep under the surface or zits that have come to a head), and it is a consistent result. I have seen some of the drugstores in my area discontinue carrying the Glow Renewal Facial Oil in favor of carrying the light version. That is a shame as the light version does not have the same calming and acne-shrinking effect on my skin. I hope Loreal never discontinues this particular formulation. It is amazing!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always had oily/combo skin and shied away from using facial oils until the last few months. This has been a game changer for my skin. My skin is actually producing less oil and these "dry oils" absorb quickly, leaving my skin luminous without feeling or looking greasy. It has a healthy glow which is a nice change from the lacklustre dullness I've been experiencing as I get older. Moisturizer/sunscreen applies well over top as well as primer and foundation. Some specifics about the oil:

Scent - yes, there is most definitely a scent when you open the bottle and apply to your face but it is not from fragrance, it from the 8 essential oils in this product (English Lavender, Rosemary, Geranium, Orange Peel, Roman Camomile, Rose Flower, Lavandin, Marjoram Leaf) which provide antibacterial properties, vitamin C, among other amazing skin loving ingredients (olive and jojoba oil). The scent dissipates by the time the oil is massaged into the skin.

Texture - relatively thin oil, does not leave a greasy film on skin, absorbs quickly.

Packaging - glass bottle with dropper delivery system, contains 1 fluid ounce (30 ml) but will last much longer than a same sized bottle of foundation.

How I apply it - I dispense one drop on each finger of one hand, press against the fingers on my other hand and massage into my skin. If I have any dry patches on my skin I will use an extra drop to treat that area (makes a big difference).

So happy to have discovered this, it's a more affordable option to some of the higher end brands but does a great job and should not be overlooked. I've tested a number of facial oils, researched which oils are best, least probably to clog pores, and even considered making my own. Maybe one day... but for now, I'm happy with L'Oreal. This oil even won an Allure Best of Beauty 2014 award!

Update 10/21/16 - I started mixing in one drop of this oil with my foundation now that my skin is normal/dry and oh my goodness does this ever make for a beautiful application! The foundation changes in viscosity to a very thin fluid but doesn't really sheer out the coverage, rather it just soaks into the skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. I wore my foundation like this for 14 hours and my skin looked so nice the entire time. No more dry patches to cling onto!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really surprised by this. As someone with sensitive/combo skin that breaks out/reacts easily, I didn't think this would work for me. I've tried oils/facials oils for my face, and have always either broken out or reacted badly with redness with them. I've been using this for about 5-7 weeks, and I haven't had any reaction to this facial oil. It absorbs quickly, and can use it under moisturizer/sunscreen in the morning, or at night alone/under my night cream. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin, but it keeps my skin moisturized and balanced. I actually got this for a few dollars at wal-mart, when it was marked on clearance and then used a coupon. I'm not sure I would pay full price, but I would definitely recommend as a product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful product, with gorgeous packaging. The dropper made it so easy to use the product, and control the amount. However, this product made me break out in whiteheads. It smells wonderful, although as Paula's Choice noted in their review, fragrance is bad for skin and can dry it out! I use a rigorous skincare routine, and I had relatively clear skin, but I wanted some extra moisturizing to deal with the winter.

This product IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE OILY. I experimented with using 1 to 5 drops and regardless,I got whiteheads all over my face- cheeks, chin, etc. It was horrifying and gross. If you have oily/acne prone skin, I'd recommend mixing your own facial oil (there are plenty of great recipes online) rather than purchasing this.

on 1/24/2016 11:44:00 AM

I'm sorry but I just couldn't deal with the smell from this product. I had read great reviews on line and in magazines and was excited to try it but I could not get past the smell. Reminded me of bug spray or a citronella candle. Wanted so badly for it to work. Tried for a week though despite my olfactory issue. I didn't notice any special "glow" to my skin during that time. Slightly shiny though that may be operator error in applying too much. I did break out from this product after a weeks use (but again maybe too heavy handed with it and my skin is supremely fickle). Unable to use long enough to comment on what it's supposed to do but had to post about the strong scent so that others are aware. Not for me.

on 11/13/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff, isn't too heavy and moistures (is that a word??) very well. It is full with good oils and no artificial stuff. It is very perfumed, so if you have a problem with perfume in facial care you should let this one pass. I use it at night only, before my moisturizer and my face looks & feels awesome!

on 8/20/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm a big fan of using oils on my skin and usually mix them myself. This L'Oreal oil was not something I'd paid attention to due to it being a drugstore brand and I thought it'd be packed with artificial ingredients. Lo and behold after some online sleuthing I learned that many of the oils in this product I use already. So after a couple weeks of using this L'Oreal oil I've found it's a great product! Moisturizes my skin well and holds water in my skin and plumps it up. Some of the essential oils in this are antibacterial so they help will keeping my sensitive skin calm ,redness down and acne lessened. I'm a little nervous about the gold screw on dropper as I've read from other reviewers that it's a little flimsy so I don't screw it back on too tightly. The fact that the bottle and dropper is glass is a big plus in that I don't have to worry about plastic chemicals leaching into the oil over time. Price is great if it can be purchased on sale. L'Oreal has a new oil out with oregano oil which I hope will be available in the US soon. Want to add that the scent of this product smells just like CHANEL'S EGOISTE!!!! I own a bottle of Egoiste and have been a fan since the early 90's. It's a little odd to be walking around having my face smell like a men's cologne, which IMO Egoiste is unisex,but I do enjoy that it smells like one of my favorite fragrances.