L'Oreal L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

L'Oreal L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • OLEA EUROPAEA OIL/OLIVE FRUIT OIL • SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL/ JOJOBA SEED OIL • CAMELINA SATIVA OIL/ CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL • HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED K8OIL/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL • ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL • PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE • ZEA MAYS OIL/CORN OIL • PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL/APRICOT KERNEL OIL • PASSIFLORA EDULIS OIL/ PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL • ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL/RICE BRAN OIL • TOCOPHEROL • LIMONENE • PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS FLOWER OIL • CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS PEEL OIL/ORANGE PEEL OIL • CITRONELLOL • LINALOOL • ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF OIL/ROSEMARY LEAF OIL • GERANIOL • ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF OIL • LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA OIL/LAVENDER OIL • ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER OIL • LAVANDULA HYBRIDA OIL • CUCUMIS SATIVUS FRUIT EXTRACT/CUCUMBER FRUIT EXTRACT • BENZYL ALCOHOL • CITRAL • CURCUMA LONGA EXTRACT/TURMERIC ROOT EXTRACT • EUGENOL • COUMARIN • SCLAREOLIDE • ROSA SPP/ROSE FLOWER OIL • JASMINUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT/JASMINE EXTRACT • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really surprised by this. As someone with sensitive/combo skin that breaks out/reacts easily, I didn't think this would work for me. I've tried oils/facials oils for my face, and have always either broken out or reacted badly with redness with them. I've been using this for about 5-7 weeks, and I haven't had any reaction to this facial oil. It absorbs quickly, and can use it under moisturizer/sunscreen in the morning, or at night alone/under my night cream. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin, but it keeps my skin moisturized and balanced. I actually got this for a few dollars at wal-mart, when it was marked on clearance and then used a coupon. I'm not sure I would pay full price, but I would definitely recommend as a product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful product, with gorgeous packaging. The dropper made it so easy to use the product, and control the amount. However, this product made me break out in whiteheads. It smells wonderful, although as Paula's Choice noted in their review, fragrance is bad for skin and can dry it out! I use a rigorous skincare routine, and I had relatively clear skin, but I wanted some extra moisturizing to deal with the winter.

This product IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE OILY. I experimented with using 1 to 5 drops and regardless,I got whiteheads all over my face- cheeks, chin, etc. It was horrifying and gross. If you have oily/acne prone skin, I'd recommend mixing your own facial oil (there are plenty of great recipes online) rather than purchasing this.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/24/2016 11:44:00 AM

I'm sorry but I just couldn't deal with the smell from this product. I had read great reviews on line and in magazines and was excited to try it but I could not get past the smell. Reminded me of bug spray or a citronella candle. Wanted so badly for it to work. Tried for a week though despite my olfactory issue. I didn't notice any special "glow" to my skin during that time. Slightly shiny though that may be operator error in applying too much. I did break out from this product after a weeks use (but again maybe too heavy handed with it and my skin is supremely fickle). Unable to use long enough to comment on what it's supposed to do but had to post about the strong scent so that others are aware. Not for me.

on 11/13/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff, isn't too heavy and moistures (is that a word??) very well. It is full with good oils and no artificial stuff. It is very perfumed, so if you have a problem with perfume in facial care you should let this one pass. I use it at night only, before my moisturizer and my face looks & feels awesome!

on 8/20/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm a big fan of using oils on my skin and usually mix them myself. This L'Oreal oil was not something I'd paid attention to due to it being a drugstore brand and I thought it'd be packed with artificial ingredients. Lo and behold after some online sleuthing I learned that many of the oils in this product I use already. So after a couple weeks of using this L'Oreal oil I've found it's a great product! Moisturizes my skin well and holds water in my skin and plumps it up. Some of the essential oils in this are antibacterial so they help will keeping my sensitive skin calm ,redness down and acne lessened. I'm a little nervous about the gold screw on dropper as I've read from other reviewers that it's a little flimsy so I don't screw it back on too tightly. The fact that the bottle and dropper is glass is a big plus in that I don't have to worry about plastic chemicals leaching into the oil over time. Price is great if it can be purchased on sale. L'Oreal has a new oil out with oregano oil which I hope will be available in the US soon. Want to add that the scent of this product smells just like CHANEL'S EGOISTE!!!! I own a bottle of Egoiste and have been a fan since the early 90's. It's a little odd to be walking around having my face smell like a men's cologne, which IMO Egoiste is unisex,but I do enjoy that it smells like one of my favorite fragrances.

on 6/15/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've only tried a couple oils, but I'm in love with this one. It's HG and I don't feel that I need to try others. That's saying a lot, because I'm a product junkie. I love to try different products and compare. The way my skins feels in the morning, coupled with the scent of this-- it's just heavenly. I have oily skin, so I can only use it at night. I may mix with my moisturizer during the day in winter. I have no doubt I'll repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On a whim, I purchased this product five days ago from London Drugs; it was on sale, and the store's return policy is excellent. I was skeptical of the results that the product would produce, and figured that I'd likely return it, unsatisfied.

I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong!

My skin: normaldry, and often dehydrated, due to my neglect of drinking enough water. At 40, I have but a few expression lines across my forehead, and very slight, extremely fine lines at the bottom of my orbital areathe latter of which appear when I'm dehydrated (everyone's skin does this when they're dehydrated, regardless of age). Therefore, I was interested in this product's hydrating properties only.

Having tried the product (on my hand), via a tester on display, weeks prior, I knew that the oil blend led the product to be quite pungent in its scent, but that within ten or so minutes, the scent would dissipate, leaving behind silky, smooth, plump skin.

This is exactly what it does to the skin on my face, too. The aroma is pleasant, but does not linger for more than 20 minutes, tops. My skin becomes plump, dewy (but not greasy), smooth, and soft. No "glow", but I wasn't expecting such to happen.

I have tried ber expensive Rodin Olio Lusso, and achieved the exact same results, so why would I pay $150 for a bottle of that, when the L'Oral oil gives me the hydration and smoothing that I've sought, too?

It works well under any of my moisturizers, does not cause makeup slippage, nor have I noticed any blackheads (I use a Clarisonic 45 times per week, however).

I'm giving the product 4 lippies, because I'm not happy that L'Oral allegedly still does animal testing, but also because I don't LOVE the fragrance (it could be lighter in scent), or the fact that the bottle isn't accident proof (klutzes like me: tend to knock-over and spill tall, narrow bottles).

First of all, I love face oils and this one is not an exception. Feels good on the skin, it's moisturizing... Helps me a lot, since I start using retin a. I don't use it every day tho, I rotate 3 oils at the moments, so my skin don't get used to them and they keep working. The downside is: it's heavily fragranced. The package is kind of annoying after sometime using the product, now it's really hard to open the bottle. It never broke me out, but my skin is very tolerant to oils in general. If your skin tend to break out with oils, maybe this is not for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this. A little goes a long way. Absorbs quickly. Scent is a bit strong but dissipates quickly.

on 3/15/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Normally this is priced at $28 CAD but I found it at sale this week for $17. I have used the midnight recovery oil by Kiehl's and fell in love with it....but not the price ($50-90), so I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. This wasn't it. Although both products smell similar and leave my face feeling incredibly soft, the L'oreal oil broke me out the next morning. For $17 I was not expecting miracles, but I also was not expecting to wake up with 10 tiny pimples and one massive cystic pimple on my cheek. My skin was clear and I was just looking to clear up a few acne scars. I love the packaging and the idea of it, but it needs to be reformulated/there needs to be a second product for sensitive skin. I would definitely purchase it if they did that. I gave this two lippies for ease of use and the way it initially made my skin feel.

UPDATE: For some strange reason I gave this oil another chance last night. This time I only applied it to the right side of my face. Now my cystic pimple has a family of 3....thanks L'Oreal....