Equate Equate Maximum Strength Spot Treatment

Equate Equate Maximum Strength Spot Treatment

Benzoyl peroxide 10%- active ingredient; Inactive ingredients: carbomer, diethylhexyl sulfosuccinate, disodium EDTA, purified water, sodium hydroxide

on 1/24/2017 10:24:00 PM

At 47 years old, I rarely get pimples, and have never had acne beyond a pimple here or there over the years, but when I do get the occasional hormonal pimple, it's one of those that never surfaces, just a little bump under the skin, this spot treatment will zap that sucker within 48 hours, sometimes less than a day...it doesn't even bring it up to extract, it just BOOM! vanishes completely. This is the Walmart brand, and its about $3, its like liquid gold. Its the off brand of several other more expensive spot treatments, and has the exact same ingredients. Its in a little squeeze tube, a white cream and you barely need to use much, for $3 its a hidden gem. This and Elf's $2 Zip Zapper totally work for me when I get a little pimple. I can't say how this would work for large areas of acne, or acne beyond the occasional pimple, only because it has 10% BP and I'm not sure how that would affect moderate to severe acne, but for the occasional bump it does the job!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My go-to product for break-outs! I have to have this and I hope they never discontinue it. It is a 10% BP product, so you might think it would be really rough on the skin, but it is not. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only one I have ever tried that does not dry my skin or irritate it. It will take down a bump quickly, sometimes overnight and you can even put it over an entire area of the face. I think it is mean to be a dupe for either Clean and Clear or Clearasil- I have tried both of those and this beats them hands down. It is about $3 and a bit over a half ounce of product, comes in a squeeze tube. one little problem with packaging- it is kind of like a lotion, you get to the bottom of the tube and it won't come out anymore. I just cut the end of the tube at the seamed edge and scrape the remainder into a clean plastic container with a lid. You get a lot of product out this way and don't have any wasted.
Great product- inexpensive and it really delivers.

on 5/13/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I agee with the first reviewer. I was using the Clean & Clear version (someone elses) and liked it, but they didn't want me to 'use it all' even though you need very little. So I saw this at Wal-mart and checked it out on here and I'm glad I got the confidence to try it. It's so cheap that it makes me like it more than the original. It really is similar to the C&C but the only difference I could see right away is that this has a slightly thicker consistency. But it doesn't burn or sting or turn your face red. It's pretty much spot on as a dupe in it's efficiency, just cheaper. I also like the ingredient list because a lot of base ingredients break me out, so I can't use things like Benzac even though it has great reviews.

I use it as a spot treatment and while both leave a little white cast, I try to just wet my finger and wipe the edge away so it's not too far over clean skin. I tend to use these types of treatments at night so it won't effect makeup, but some mornings I add a little as well if I'm going bare faced (or don't care).

And it really does work. I do also have a 5% treatment that I figured would be good enough percentage wise and I do like it, but I still have break outs. This has really helped get them down. I don't think I would use this all over though, and I tend to not use this strong of a percentage of BP long term.

For me, nothing completely stops or prevents breakouts, but there are things that help at least a little and this is one of them. When I break out really badly, I run back to this.

on 7/30/2013 9:57:00 PM

This works GREAT. It does not dry out my face and it does not burn it or turn my face red. It will dry a pimple up in a day. You can use it any where on your body like your back, your inner thigh, your butt. Any where you get those little bumps.