Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

on 12/12/2018 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG guys honestly . For a year and a half now I’ve been try testing different foundations but after all the fuss I’ve come back to this & I forgot just how much I love it . It’s definitely a full coverage foundation for sure . It’s staying power is absolutely amazing , it doesn’t crease fade or transfer which is GREAT. The dry down is definitely a matte finish but it really depends what products you use with it . At the moment I’m leaning towards a fuller coverage matte look considering I work 9 hour shifts & I want something that will look exactly how it did when I applied it or even better . I think this foundation is just really good if you want something that LASTS but covers everything . It’s consistency is quite thick on its own although I have been mixing it with my Bobbi brown long lasting foundation just to lighten it up a bit so it does spread a bit easier . I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer underneath so let me tell ya my foundation does not move anywhere . & it looks smooth & wonderful I just love it . Only con is the packaging I wish they had a pump !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first ever MUA review! Here we go!

About about my skin: no acne, a bit of acne scarring, slight discoloration on the cheek bones, nose and chin, normal skin which goes dry in winter. I use the shade Fresco.

I haven't purchased this foundation yet, but I have tried several samples. Have only applied it with a beauty blender - no brush.

The first time I wore this was a nightmare. I applied way to much, didn't use a primer, set it with powder AND used concealer. I had no idea how full coverage it really is. I wore it for about 8 hours but it felt dry and tight very quickly. Having heard so many good things about this foundation I decided to give it a few more tries and I am so happy I did.

I use it on thoroughly moisturized skin (hydrating serum + moisturizer + Maybellines hydrating primer) and it works really well. I don't apply too much as I find it gets cake really fast if you do. No concealer, no setting powder. I just let it dry down and then go over the creasing in my fine lines under the eye with the clean side of the beauty blender to absorb left-over product. After having done the rest of my makeup I set it with setting spray and that's it.

I LOVE it. Here in Scandinavia it is getting quite cold and therefore it always wear a scarf when it go out. This foundation is the only foundation I have ever tried that does not transfer AT ALL. It stays put all day, no matter what.

It is absolutely on the dry side, so I strongly recommend that you moisturize really well before applying this, but other than that it's a great foundation. It does give you that "ghost look" when you apply it because it's SO full coverage, but I don't mind. I like to shape my face with bronzer, countour and blush. The best thing about it is that I don't need concealer under my eyes with this foundation.

Definitely will buy whenever I can afford it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am 45 yo, have dry light skin. This looked good the first 10 minutes, then I felt like I had on a tight masque on my face. The finish is matte and very, very dry. Not a good look for my skin at all. I looked about 10 years older with it on. And the flask is very unpractical.

on 11/18/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging sucks - foundation without pump dispenser - seriously?
The foundation as such sits into fine lines, so it accentuates the fact that one is getting older (do not like!!). Moreover, it does not stay in place. After about 4-5 hrs, it fades away. True misser for me.

on 11/18/2018 4:04:00 AM

MUA, I’m telling you now and listen to when I say this... It’s thick! It’s not a watery based consistency whatsoever so don’t expect a dewy sheer finish. You can add moisturizer to your foundation to make it dewy and lighter if you want.

It does, however, cover and conceal amazingly. Its the only foundation that doesn’t break me out. I tried so many foundations, from Becca to Mac to Fenty to Clinque to Lancome and Cheap Drugstore Foundations.. I always come back to this.

I still haven’t found my favourite. I wish I didn’t like the Double Wear foundation so much because its thick and super expensive. But there’s a reason I’ve stuck to it for many years.

Highly recommend to use beauty blender with it

It’s been a few years since I’ve tried this, and I think that it comes in more shades now. When I tried it, they gave me about a 2 weeks supply as a sample. I didn’t buy it.
At the time, it was really hard to find any foundation that was light enough (shade wise) for my skin, but the shade that she gave me was close enough. I just used my fingers to apply it. The coverage was pretty good and I had awful acne at the time, so that was quite important to me.
It lasted all day and didn’t seem to visibly sink into my pores even though I didn’t use primer. It didn’t transfer either. But it did not look natural at all. In fact, my husband told me, without my asking for any opinion or even telling him that I was trying something new, that my skin looked like plastic. When I looked in the mirror, I couldn’t disagree. I’d really rather have discoloration or pimples peeking through than look like my face was made of plastic.
Even if it had looked good on me, I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have a pump. I find that unhygienic and messy. It’s easy to pour out too much and waste it, and I don’t like holding my fingers or a sponge over the opening of the bottle, especially when I end up needing to do it over and over again. I still would have just dealt with that if the foundation looked good on me, but it didn’t.
If you want to try this, definitely get a sample first. A lot of people are able to make it work well for them. I wasn’t one of them, but you could be. Just find out by using a sample for a week or so before you buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is too thick and it sinks into pores after a couple of hours. Patchy in places where I have dry skin like on my chin or around my nose. I think the lighter version is way better.

on 11/14/2018 9:28:00 AM

On opening I noticed a strong paint like smell which seemed to go away on application. The texture is fairly thick and runny. Coverage is full but you have to work quickly as it dries very fast!

In terms of how long it lasts...It does not seem to transfer at all and I find I do double cleanse to effectively remove this. Unfortunately it oxidizes like crazy and noticeably so. I also found that on wearing for a few hours I became very conscious of it on my skin and my skin did not feel like it could breathe (something I did not feel with the Max Cover version). Also be wary if you have dry skin as this really clings to everything.

I did not finish the bottle nor repurchase as the oxidization was perhaps the biggest deal breaker for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color match was perfect, but it looked cakey and emphasized pores. What I would expect from a drugstore foundation so I returned it.

on 10/30/2018 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this foindation. I've been trying a lot of foundations out there looking for the one. And i've heard about this. I dont know why i took so long to finally try this out, seriously. Tried luminous silk, broke me out. It cc cream, nice and comfy on skin but still moves around. Mac studio fix, good but still like any other foundations out there, it still moves around, you feel it especially when you have oily skin.
Now mine is oily to combination, sometimes kinda dry. This foundation is amazing. It's like paint. Once it's dried out it doesnt move doesnt budge. Maybe a little when i sweat but overall, it's just amazing. I've never seen any foundation like it. I'm just amazed by it. When apply thin layer with damped beauty blender, it could actually look pretty natural. It's like blending in with the skin. I dont even need to set at all, except for the under eye, only because my mascara would always budge down to the under eye if i don't set.
But i guess most people are heavy hand with foundation, and that way, it would definitely look like foundation.
The color though is a bit to the pinky side. I'm light- medium to medium and very yellow. I'm wearing the shade rattan and it looks quite yellow when it first comes out of the bottle but then turns a little pinker later, sort of like a little more peachy than how it first looks when it's dried down and that's what i dont like about it. But overall, amazing foundation. Just hope they will come out with more yellow shades soon!