71%

$43.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

8 months ago

I'll start by saying I have pretty dry skin and I wear glasses, often find that most foundations rub away from my nose where my glasses sit (expected really) and also the nose area in general. This foundation is fricken amazing! For anyone saying it's cakey, they must not be applying it correctly! I use a damp beauty blender and only use one coat, it covers pretty much everything including my freckles and rosy cheeks. I recommend not using a primer underneath, just remember to use a moisturizer. The reason I say this is because I've used it with primers and without, it works much better alone, as I find it breaks up and looks patchy if I use a primer underneath. It stays all day and if I forget to take my makeup off, I wake-up and it's not budged. My favourite foundations to use are bars sheer glow, Georgia Armani luminous silk and Mac Pro longwear waterproof. I stopped using double wear for some reason, but I've just started using it again because it's summer and the other 3 don't hold up as well in the heat. I think double wear is my no.1 favourite for sure, I'm close to running out so I will definitely be replacing it

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

EyesBlue

3.0

8 months ago

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. One of my kids is wearing it all the time so I have to buy it. Cakey looks are trending on these social media platforms and people are covering their faces in tons of makeup and this foundation does a good job. If you like a mask this is the right foundation for you! If you are looking for something more natural I would go with Bobbi brown foundations..(or similar brands) 3 lippis

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

8 months ago

ELDW is the mother of long-lasting, medium buildable coverage foundations. It's been around for a long time and it's no surprise that it's the UK's No. 1 Foundation. I like to apply this with a damp Beauty Blender for medium coverage and a buffing brush for fuller coverage. With a BB, I use one pump for each side of my face, bouncing and blending it in, it looks flawless applied this way. With a brush I only use one and a half pumps and build it up in layers, more coverage over the cheeks where I get redness, then bounce over it with a damp BB to blend it in seamlessly. I don't use powder on top, I find powder always makes my foundation look cakey, but the damp BB tends to set it well so it lasts all day. Sometimes I spray with a setting spray if it's very humid, but TBH I'm not convinced this actually does anything. There are 61 shades in the UK, and my colour match is 1C1 Cool Bone. I'm fair and cool toned, but it's not so pink it looks rosy. This is my go-to foundation all year round. My only bugbear is that it doesn't come with a pump, you have to buy it separately. You can keep the pump for the next bottle but it's impossible to steralise.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

9 months ago

I used to wear this everyday in my early twenties - before the days of beauty blenders (how did we survive) and apply with my fingers - after repurchasing for a summer wedding where I needed something that was going to stick like glue all day I wonder if I spent my entire twenties looking DREADFUL. Even following 'Steph Marie's' how to apply DW without looking cakey on youtube - I still looked like a dried up piece of bread for the day. My skin has certainly changed a lot in the last decade, its gone from being oily to oily / combination (around my nose mainly) and I live in Mallorca where its 33 degrees every day during the summer, so the oil at the minute is really at its worst. I've mixed this in with Giorgio Armani Luminous silk for the last couple of days, to try and give the GA some more sticking power. Unfortunately after catching my reflection while outside I realise not even that stops this from making my skin looking patchy / like the sahara (but still with a shiney AF nose). I also have had about five spots appear as I remember this used to clog my pores. I'm sure this would be a great foundation for someone in their teens / 20s, with super oily skin, for anyone over 30 with combi / normal / dry skin - avoid avoid avoid!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

9 months ago

This is my favourite foundation I've used so far. It's full coverage but isn't FULL coverage or cakey, so I feel like it give a classier look. I really like the staying power and it doesn't crease as much as a lot of other foundations. The colour range seems good but I am pale and cool toned, so I can only speak for myself. I can get quite oily skin during the day and this so far seems the best foundation for me. I'm not sure how this would go on someone with very dry skin, but I can definitely say it works for normal to oily skin. I like the packaging but it's a little annoying that you have to purchase a pump as an extra. I didn't bother, I just pour it onto my brush or the back of my hand. It's on the pricey side but I really like this so I don't mind paying for it. Over all, a really great foundation. Unless I'm trying something different for fun, this is my staple foundation.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

9 months ago

The only thing which works with this foundation is the packaging. It stays on, but it looks terrible who wants to cake up its face anymore except some Youtube chillers but come on we need real use cases. Can't recommend it. That was the last product that I bought from Estee!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

Been using this for years, especially in warm weather because it stays on better than any other foundation I've ever tried.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

10 months ago

Everyone swears by this foundation, but it looks terrible on my skin. I have oily skin and I thought I will try this one because of the all great reviews that I read. It looks patchy around my mouth and my face gets oily pretty quick. I tried with different primers but the results was the same: patchy and oily after a couple of hours. It also transfers on my clothes. It is a horrible picture...

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

I love this foundation! I can’t believe I waited so long to finally try it! Holy grail for life! I have EXTREMELY oily skin ... I am pretty much a greaseball. I can’t even go 1-2 hours without my face turning into an oil slick, and I’m talking all over, not just my T-Zone. This foundation stays on really well and doesn’t transfer. I still have to lightly blot during the day, but only 1-2x max. If I’m feeling lazy and decide not to blot the foundation still looks great at the end of the day. They have a great shade range. I am usually in between an NC 25 and NC 30 in MAC, so it is always hard to find a shade that matches. The 2w1 Dawn shade matches perfectly and does not oxidize at all! I love the peachy, golden undertone and get so many compliments on my skin since I started using it. Moisturizer is a must with this foundation, even if you have oily skin like me. I can see the foundation being extremely drying without moisturizer. I can definitely tell that this foundation is good for combination to oily skin. It may be too drying for dry to normal skin to be completely honest. Anyways try it for yourself! It took me years to finally give this a go and I only wish I had done it sooner. I used to be a NARS girl, but have completely switched to Estée Lauder!!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

10 months ago

Background: oily t zone, acne prone & redness Pros: - lasts all day (blotting required because i'm oily) - best foundation i've used for my oily skin (there could be better ones, but im on a budget) - doesn't smudge or transfer easily (unless deliberately swiping) - doesn't oxidize - a little goes a long way Cons: - pricey - apply too much and you will look cakey - no pump - a little stubborn to remove so you need a good make up remover

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24