71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 days ago

I’m late to the party but I’ve just discovered ELDW! Totally not what I was expecting! This foundation has a reputation for being thick and heavy but I don’t find it too heavy at all, just nice smooth medium coverage. Maybe it was thicker in the old days? I think this is the reason I haven’t tried it before now but I wish I had. Lovely and easy to apply, it blends out beautifully with Bobbi Brown full face brush but also looks good applying using fingers. It does set quickly but the runny texture means it spreads easily and is easy to blend. I don’t feel like I’ve got much make up on, I suppose maybe because it’s good coverage I don’t use as much? It doesn’t oxidise on me at all. It lasts all day, a tiny bit of oil does come through by the end of the day but I don’t mind it because it isn’t enough to require blotting and looks natural. I have very sensitive skin, especially around the eye area, and I actually react very badly to 90% of foundations. Usually within an hour of putting them on if I can feel stinging around my eyes. I have been wearing this all week and haven’t noticed any reaction yet, just hope it continues. It doesn’t show up any dry patches on my skin which is good, but the only negative thing I would say is that I do feel it draws attention to fine lines slightly, but it wouldn’t put me off wearing it everyday. I like that this comes in neutral shades, pink undertones look muddy on me and yellow make me look like a Simpson, so neutral is perfect! Want to make it my regular foundation - just hope it doesn’t give me spots!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

EyesGreen

a month ago

I have this in my make up bag at all times!! I am shade 1n1 Ivory Nude, and it's perfect for my very fair skin that does not need a pink undertone. This make up is full coverage and although it can look too heavy if I build it up - a thin veil is enough to remain polished and professional looking all day. I absolutely trust this foundation to remain in place and look fresh until very late at night. I wear a Laura Mercier powder over the top and in my opinion they are a match made in heaven! The double wear shades are all bright and clean and natural - they have really made a GOAT foundation here. It is an ABSOLUTE STAPLE :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

a month ago

Holy grail foundation! Perfect overall. The coverage is buildable and your skin looks flawless. It stays put for hours and hours and does not transfer. I find it has a scent and it is very heavy so I do only use this for when I want a full on glam look but wouldn't apply this for every day wear as it is so full on. Beautiful glass packaging and can buy a pump for £5 if needed

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

from

a month ago

Agree with ”Adinabfy“..it’s is great for the right occasion. I bought this in Warm Creme shade following a consultation with EL counter in preparation for a formal and elegant summer evening event. My normal Chanel Vitalumiere (Clair Cameo 20) and Nars tinted (Alaska) were too light, couldn’t cope with shininess and evening makeup. This is matte and stays put, has a nice light summer tan shade on me. It was perfect for formal look, but would not wear as everyday.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

Hi! Being so pricey I avoided it for some time.But I said to myself that once in a while I desearve a good,expensive product. It took me several months to decide what shade suites me.4N1-Shell Beige.The pictures with the persons wearing which shade suited them from the site really helped. Like everybody else I love the shade range,but hate that it doesn't come with a pump.Now you can buy it separately.But I got created and I use a pipette.I don't waist product,nor spilling it everywhere. I work with the foundation fast,with a brush,applying it on section on the face.It's drying fast.It doesn't move all day,doesn't creases or cakes.A little goes a long way. The only con:I've noticed that it tightenes my skin.Maybe I put too much product. It was,kind of,hard to remove it with Nivea micellar water.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

2 months ago

I have been using KVD Lock-It foundation, but wanted to try the Double Wear since it has a huge range of shades and comes so highly recommended. I went to Ulta to get color matched and ended up buying Ecru. This foundation is advertised as full coverage, but I've found that it is more medium coverage. The Lock-It completely covers my hyperpigmentation and under eye circles, and the Double Wear doesn't come close. I am disappointed by this, but since it is a perfect match to my skin tone and looks natural, I'm willing to let that slide. The Double Wear applies very nicely, and I've had good results using my fingers or a brush. This foundation wears very well and doesn't seem to transfer, which is great. I like the glass bottle that it comes in, but I wish that Estee Lauder would just include a pump already. I had to buy one separately, because I feel like a pump is more hygienic and obviously more convenient. On the DOWNSIDE, I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and my face is breaking out something terrible. I have dry skin and hardly ever get a zit, let alone a face full of them. I'm very disappointed, because this is truly the ONLY cosmetic product that has ever broken me out. I don't know which ingredient is in it that doesn't agree with my skin, but I'm thinking that I'll have to go back to the KVD foundation. I was hoping that the Double Wear would end up being my HG, since it comes so highly recommended. Unfortunately, I can't continue to use it. If you have sensitive skin I'm not sure how well this product will work for you. If you buy a bottle, save your receipt so that you can return it if you have a problem!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

3 months ago

Coverage and Finish This foundation has pretty heavy coverage and most of the time one simple thin layer would suffice. It dries down to a matte finish pretty quickly after application and does not cake if you're not using too many layers. Long-lasting This lasts about 8 hours during a hot summer day without needing touchups. It is likely to "break" after over 10 hours of wear without touchups. Transfer-free I have pretty oily skin and to make things worse, I live in a place which is hot and humid throughout the year. This is the only foundation I've ever tried (I've tried at least 8 different brands) that does not transfer, which is a huge plus since I wear spectacles pretty frequently. Typically, I finish a bottle with close to daily use in around 3-4 months. The only thing I really dislike about it is that it STILL has no foundation pump.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

This foundation got me through 3 years of acne and dark blemishes. Nobody even noticed I had troublesome skin! Pros Covers everything Smooths texture 24 hour wear (not that you ever should but I’ve slept in the club with this and it didn’t budge) Becomes more natural looking with time or fix plus Cons Very thick/heavy Doesn’t let skin breathe Needs a fix spray or 30mins before it looks natural and not dry I heard the formula changed and turned this winning foundation into a comedegenic mess. Apparently is also has less coverage, so try it for yourself.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

1.0

4 months ago

I wish I knew they reformulated the formula. I used to love this foundation 15 years ago. It was my favorite. Then I switched to different other foundations that looks more natural. A week ago I had a party and decided to buy this DW foundation again and I was very disappointed. It's not as pigmented as it was before, it breaks me out right away even if I use it only 1 day. I don't understand why to change formula if it's working?

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 months ago

Is a great foundation, but I can only use it from time to time (especially when I go to an event and I want to look flawless), otherwise will make my skin breakout. I have a very very sensitive skin and for day to day I like a more natural look.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool