71%

$43.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

10 months ago

I am very impressed with this foundation. It looks amazing after 10 hours of wear in very hot weather: didn´t oxidize, didn´t settle in lines or pores and it´s absolutely non-transfer. I am 45, combination light skin with Olive undertones. I would be sort of Mac nc22, if only there was such a thing. Light Olive skin can be hard to match, so I tried several shades: 2n1-desert beige: a little bit light (nc20/ less yellow), 2w1-dawn: very dark (probably nc30), 2n2-buff: good match, very slightly dark, golden hue, 2w1.5-natural suede: a little darker than the previous one (nc25?) but with a Yellow/greenish hue that matches my undertone very well. I bought 2n2-buff and I would like to try 1w2-sand. Also, it will last forever, because you only need a tiny amount of product to get good coverage, that still looks natural. Less is more and You have to apply it fast because it dries quickly. I totally recomend this foundation, it´s very good! It´s my favorite, along with Mac prolongwear nourishing and Vichy dermablend.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 months ago

I ended up loving this product! I held off on it for so long because of the price but after reading many helpful reviews here on MakeupAlley I decided to take the plunge and I totally do not regret it! Beautiful coverage and I have received lots of compliments <3

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

10 months ago

I wanted to love this foundation because everyone and their mother raved about it to me. When I actually gave in and decided to give it a try I was highly disappointed. Firstly, the it oxidized and made me look grey. I could never find the right shade that would match me in any way even after the oxidization. Secondly, this made my face look so cakey and gross. It literally looked like I had a mask on my face. Its so unnatural looking. It looks like you're wearing a thick mask of makeup. Thirdly, this foundation feels so heavy on the skin. It actually weighs you down. It feels like you're wearing makeup. Not only that but it broke me out because all the product got stuck in my pores. I had to deep cleanse for it to completely be gone. I really don't understand why people rave about this product. In my opinion it was a waste of money.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Update: Apparently the sand was way too light of a color on me. They put me in 3n1 Ivory Beige, and maybe this is the newer formulation but does not make me itch. However it does stay a little sticky on the edges of my face like chin area. I found a pretty good match in sand but it lightens on me. (me Nc 20, GA 5, Clinique cream chamois) I don't know why since it has no sunscreen. I get lots of coverage but it does appear masky on me, and after 5 hours I am itching like crazy. In fact it feels like I have a dry clay mask on my face. This is with moisturizer and a moisturizing sunscreen under it. I guess it is just not for me and my combo skin with rosacea type.

About reviewer (1599 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I bought this foundation multiple times in the past... I think they changed the formula again. I have to use a lot, which wasn't the case with the 'previous' version. The end result was horrible: I looked as if I was dead. Zero light... When I saw myself in a mirror I jumped back from the sight. I stayed put though! Up to the next!

About reviewer (167 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

i'm only giving it a 4 because despite having so many shades it doesnt have the perfect match for me. This is the only foundation that has given me compliments on a bad skin day.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

This used to be the only foundation for me, started using it about 20 years ago and loved it as I have very bad acne scarred skin and used to get loads of compliments on my foundation. Then about a year ago or so I switched brands as I no longer liked the way the product felt or looked on my skin. Bought a bottle again recently and I hate it! Has a dewy look that I hate, starts to slip by midday, coverage is medium at best and the colour is not the same. The old formula worked, why reinvent something that works? If I had known that when I stopped using it initially it was because the formula had changed i would not have wasted my hard earned cash buying this product again! What a disappointment! Whoever at Ester Lauded approved this formula change should be fired!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I can't believe I didn't review my HG foundation! This foundation is incredible! I am oily and live in a place with temperatures ranging from 25 to 35°C. I apply my makeup around 6:30AM and this foundation lasts me all day, with little fading after a 10h shift. 1) It has my shade match (4W2) and doesn't oxidize 2) It doesn't smell 3) It is easy to apply 4) It is matte 5) It leaves me matte for at least 3h 6) When it mixes with my oils I get that my skin but better look 7) It is superglued to my face, fading little 8) It pratically doesn't transfer. 9) It doesn't settles in my pores or fine lines (I don't use primers) 10) You need little to get coverage, which you can adjust from medium to full 11) Once settled, which takes a minute the most, I.don't feel like I am using foundation. Cons: There is no pump, but the MAC one (or similar) is good. It is almost impossible to get my hands on it as it is not sold in Brazil. Nothing ebay can't help.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

a year ago

This WAS my HG. I say was because the new formula is just hideous. I hadn’t realised it had changed until the first application of a new bottle. I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t drying! It stayed wet on my face even with powder. Then the oxidisation, I was waking around the office like an Oompa Loompa! Then the separation!!! Nightmare. I’ve complained to YSL who insist that the formula has been improved! No, no it hasn’t. Your former customers are telling you in droves in store, on Instagram that the new formula is awful. Thanks YSL you’ve ruined the HG of foundations.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

This is truly a unicorn foundation! A lot of foundations in my experience wear off too easily on their own but Double Wear just doesn't budge until I'm ready to take it off. It's INCREDIBLY rare for me to find a foundation that doesn't need a primer, or setting powder, OR a setting spray to LOOK GOOD, LAST for AGES, and cover my imperfections. How to use: I dip a Q-tip in the bottle since I don't have a pump. I then spread the foundation on the back of my hand & apply with a synthetic brush. Like others have pointed, it's important to work it in quickly with thin layers to ensure an even finish. The finish of this foundation to me is unparalleled; to me it's like a soft demi-matte finish that doesn't look overly made up. To me I can fake genuinely luminous skin with this foundation. This foundation is expensive and it shows. Wonderful formula, great shades for yellow toned skin such as mine, and the longevity is so. darn. good.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm