71%

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

I have been using the double wear foundation for about 3 years in the shade mocha. I decided to try out rich cocoa as I felt mocha was getting a bit too neutral for my skintone, I was in Manchester over the bank holiday weekend and decided to head to the Estée Lauder stand at selfridges in MAnchester to purchase a bottle of rich cocoa as I had run out of foundation. On getting to the stand, I asked the lady if I could get rich cocoa and she snapped at me saying they didn’t have any without even checking the drawer, I then proceeded to explain to her that I actually use mocha and that I would buy that instead as I was out of foundation and really needed one, she then told me to go to debenhams without letting me finish my statement. I was appalled this girl refused to check if they had any and then looked away, when I tried to explain to her that I just wanted to buy a foundation. Bear in mind there was no one at the counter except me, she literally only uttered two statements and looked away as if I wasn’t talking to her. When I explained this to my white friend, she went to the counter and was treated differently and even offered a sample even without purchasing. My bank holiday was totally ruined and I would not be purchasing this foundation anymore. I don’t care how good a product is, I wouldn’t be treated this way.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Dark

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Unfortunately, it broke me out which I am sad about as it looked absolutely beautiful on my skin.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

HG right here, and I've used a ton of foundations throughout the years. I'm 29, oily, with texture from acne/pores. This sits wonderfully on my skin. I can wear it alone or over a more dewy primer. It applies well with just my fingers and I have no problems with it looking lifeless or too heavy. It's also very long wearing without having to set with powder. Great shade selection. My one complaint is the lack of a pump.

About reviewer (364 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

a year ago

My favourite foundation texture is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear 24H, which I can't unfortunately doesn't match me in any colour since they changed the formula and now oxidises horribly. So I was really desparate to find a replacement full coverage long wear foundation that was a good colour match and didn't oxidise. I did get a great colour match in this Double Wear foundation, shade 2W1, which is good if you have a yellow undertone. However, the over-powering alcohol-like smell and dryness of this foundation is just horrible. It made my eyes water - i could literally feel 'fumes' of some chemical evaportating from it as I was applying it. It looked like there were little dry bits of skin everywhere if you looked closely, i.e. not a nice, smooth and even texture. This was not just me and lack of skill, it looked like that when the lady did it for me with a brush at the make up counter. I applied with fingers at home, same thing. So it is definitely not easy to work with compared to other long wear foundations. It dries very very quickly and if you are not quick to blend it, it looks very cakey. Once it sets, you can't move it. It almost makes like a film on your skin - you can rub it all you want to try blend it but it's going nowhere. I have a combination to oily skin, more on the oily side. Based on others' reviews, this foundation should be good for oily skin. It wasn't on mine. At the end of the day I can feel I have a slight breakout (small little pimples everywhere, but not visible, just really irritated skin) and my skin felt so dry. On the plus side, it didn't go shiny during the day and help up pretty well, but because it never looked very good in the first place, it wasn't much of an achievement. I was really disappointed. As a one-off humid weather foundation that holds it might be OK, but it definitely won't do as my daily regular foundation. I can't imagine how someone with actual dry skin would cope with this, I don't think it would work at all. If you don't like chemical smell, then stay away. The Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear 24H and the Dior Forever foundations have MUCH MUCH nicer textures, don't smell of chemicals and are much easier to work with.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

a year ago

So I have the double wear and love it! This is the best, long lasting, full coverage foundation on the market right now! If you have dry skin, it’s so perfect for you! Even combination oily/dry skin, great fit! If you are oily, or superrrrr oily like myself, I find that the right PRIMER can set this foundation to look flawless and STAY flawless! People forget that sure, it looks great after you first apply it, get to work and you still look great. Try testing it out after 4 hours and seeing if it’s going to stay put or not! With the right primer, I’ve mastered a perfect application along with an all day finish that looks fresh!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I purchased this to compare with Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H just to see the difference, As I have been totally satisfied with Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H I did not have anything to lose. Estee Lauder DW does exactly as advertised. It was transfer resistant,did not oxidize or settle in lines,full coverage, and matte. Now I have normal skin in great condition. So the matte and full coverage is Not a must for me. This is way thicker and dries faster then Lancome.So thick you do Not need a concealer. The color is also deeper in saturation. For example, I wear 460W in Lancome which looks more like a neutral yellow undertone. Estee DW 5W2 Caramel was full on yellow undertone like the sun. Apply quickly or only do one side of your face at a time since it dries quickly. Applied with a Prescriptives foundation brush and it was flawless. I will try with an IT Luxe cosmetics smoothie brush to see the difference next time I wear it.It did not break me out and removed with Dove Sensitive Skin soap. I then removed any remaining with witch hazel. I wish Estee would make a dewy or moisturizing foundation but until then can mix my own in it. If you have dry skin you must moisturize before applying and also I would suggest using spray hydration like MAC Fix+.I also purchased a pump from the MAC site. Its best to cut in a slant so makeup does not get stuck and will fit Esree DW bottle.There are over 50 shades to choose from which is impressive. My Mother In Law is Nicole Kidman complexion and she even found a match. Definitely purchase when either Ulta or Macy's has a beauty sale or if you are brave enough a tester bottle from a reputable Ebay seller with great feedback.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

The best foundation for oily skin. Shade 1w1 match perfect for NC15.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

love this foundition

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Bought it in Sand, 1W2, which was a good match at first but it oxidized and I have yellow undertones and this was orange. If you have orange undertones, this brand will work for you. It did fine with my oily skin and blurs nicely. Good solid coverage for blemishes.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

A few years ago i used to wear this foundation alot because i thought that no other foundation would keep me matte all day long ( i have oily skin) i stopped using it because it never looks natural no matter what powder or primer and setting spray i use, plus i think it wasn't good for my skin because i always get pimples if i use this foundation. I gave it another try yesterday and i HATED it so bad! Face looks cakey and makeup transfers + it did not keep me matte.. i now use the smashbox 15H studio skin foundation i like it way more and keeps me matte way longer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24