Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.1

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 4/16/2018 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My dermatologist prescribed this shampoo for my psoriasis. I do not understand actually, because it is an anti fungal treatment and psoriasis has nothing to do with fungus. The shampoo is very drying to my hair and scalp and make me loose more hair than normally. It does nothing for my scalp condition, so I stopped using it after 3 weeks.

This didn't seem to work for my SD. I don't know why. I tried using as instructed but it's as if I hadn't used anything different. So disappointed, specially considering the crazy expensive price. Currently using neutrogena t gel but things seem identical as with this. We'll see.

on 7/31/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! i had dandruff for years since i was a child, nothing made it go away like this! i tried hot oil treatment, ACV rinses, different commercial shampoos and medicated shampoos... nothing made it go away, i am so happy i found out about it! i was so surprised how i was able to see my scalp for the first time in a long time! i used it for two times and it had made an amazing change in my scalp, finally got rid of dandruff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Whenever my PCOS flares up and I miss my monthly cycle, I concurrently get a whopper Sebhorreic Dermatitis outbreak. I guess they're both down to stress. Anywho, this helped me during the absolute worst SD of my life a few months ago; within a week the dandruff and itching had improved drastically.
Unfortunately, it's damn expensive, leaves a greasy buildup in the hair at the crown, and the effects don't last long for me. Switched to Head & Shoulders 'for itchy scalps', and it seems to be working better than this, which I didn't expect due to my suspected reaction to SLS. Way more product for your money, too.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I am on approx. my 8th bottle of this right now. I don't know what I would do without it, honestly.

I get really bad dandruff during any times of great stress, which for me unfortunately is almost always. Head and Shoulders has worked for me in the past, but I would have to wash daily with it to maintain my scalp. I just can't do that, my hair is curly and using something so drying on a daily basis is a no-go (whenever I use dandruff shampoos my fingertips literally dry up like raisins and it takes 2 different body lotions and half an hr after a shower to get them back to normal).

So I use the Nizoral, only once weekly for maintenance. To combat the drying effects I warm it up and suds it up in my hands before applying it directly to my scalp with my fingertips. This keeps me from needlessly using it on the length of my hair, which doesn't need the medication or the drying. I leave it in while I comb some conditioner through my length, so that winds up being about 15-20 minutes usually. I deep condition and treat my scalp at the same time :).

I do buy the larger size from my local walmart, which keeps me from feeling like I spend a fortune, but it's still irritating because I do run out fairly frequently. But it's worth it. My scalp feels so healthy and I never think about flakes, unless I forego using this for some reason.

on 8/16/2011 8:15:00 PM

I've had problems with dandruff for many years and have tried every kind of dandruff shampoo available. I'd avoided Nizoral because of the price but finally I just broke down and bought some and I'm so glad I did. I used the product like it said too, washing my hair twice a week for 8 weeks with it and then once a week after that. My dandruff disappeared. I actually stopped using it completely for almost three months before my dandruff came back. The anti fungal in the shampoo stays in your hair for days after you use it, this is why you don't want to over do it. I did have problems with my hair drying out so what I started to do is 1st wash my hair with a moisturizing shampoo and then use the Nizoral just on my scalp. That seemed to help a lot.

on 10/15/2010 8:45:00 PM

It looks like many people are reviewing the 2% (red colour version) which I strongly dislike and find too drying. However, the 1% (blue colour) is fantastic! Eliminates dandruff while leaving hair in good, manageable condition. Sometimes the 1% can be found in larger 200ml bottles too, which are better value for money.

Have tried all other AD shampoos on the market (including Kerastase) and Nizoral is hands-down the best!

on 12/26/2009 1:48:00 AM

After reading the good reviews I decided to try Nizoral since my hair is falling out due to seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff).

I have oily scalp (sometimes with itching but without flaking) and I figured this would work because of the antifungal properties of the ketoconazole.

I have been using it for almost 6 weeks and I donīt really notice any change in my scalp and it did not work for stopping hair loss.

I did not notice any irritation or dryness after using it it but doesn't do anything spectacular and it is a little bit expensive.

Maybe, it is only a good option if you have dry or flaky scalp.

on 11/29/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have really bad dry scalp that is flaky and patchy. I find that if I use Nizoral for about 2 weeks, it clears up enough so I can skip using the product for a while.

However, I have thick hair that only requires washing every two days, so using the product twice a week is easy for me. The product does smell, but this beats any other OTC dandruff shampoo - and I've tried them all!

This product is expensive in the UK, so I usually wait until I can get shipment in from the States.

Finally something that controls the itchiness and keeps my dandruff at bay! Thank God for this product! It has been working so far and I hope it continues to do so. Its a small blue bottle that runs for about $15.00 in the US. I have been using it for about 2 months. I use 2-3 times a week and it doesnt smell bad at all. I am praying this is the one.