NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought I had reviewed these before since I have happily used them for a while. I am Asian, yellow olive skin, NC30-35, highly pigmented lips with a cool undertone. I like these best in nude/pinky brown/MLBB colors Madeline and praline shades. I have a slight preference for the slightly darker praline. They smell like twinkies to me while I apply, but the smell dissipates and there is no taste. Since I go for neutral shades in this, I can apply and reapply without mirrors or fuss. Yes, they are buttery (some would say greasy on the lips), but they are moisturizing, look nice and are cheap. If your hair gets in your face they do stick a bit. If my lips are dry (from a stint of wearing too many matte lipsticks - I am a fan of NYX Matte lipstick and NYX matte lip cream with the doe applicator), these feel good. They also look okay even if I have not been as diligent About lip exfoliation. For longer wear, or to darken Madeline, I sometimes line lips and blend with a pencil like Sephora radiant rosy or a bronze called glitter brown. These will transfer to your drinking glass if that is an issue.

Note: I have tried darker shades in butter gloss (devils food cake) and I don't like them as much. Mainly because then you have to be more careful in application and I get darker shades on my teeth.

I have this gloss in the color Merengue, a lovely pinky-lilac. The color is gorgeous, whether worn by itself or layered over lip stick. Texture is good, not too sticky and it moisturizes my lips well. I really like the scent of this gloss, like baked goods. Can't wait to try other colors in this line!

Love these. Very nice formula, feels quite light on your lips and lasts quite well. It doesn't feel "sticky" or heavy, like some lip glosses do. Very nice shade range, my favorite is créme brulee, a perfect everyday shade.
Definitely recommend these, totally worth every penny :)

The applicator is good, the scent is lovely and reminds me of cupcakes, the product itself works. This is one of the best lip glosses for me, I love the consistency of it and how smooth, non-sticky and moisturizing it feels. I often wear matte lipsticks and I often wear this over one too, and I love how non-drying it feels for a change. I have the shade Tiramisu and I usually wear a lipliner or some lipstick underneath it for more defined lips, but it works great on its own as well. I think the biggest minus with all of Nyx's lip products, which are usually awesome, is their shade range. There aren't many very exciting or unique shades there, or at least that's how I felt back in the day looking for them. Luckily they're coming out with many new products and honestly, there still are many nice shades to choose from.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is really moisturising and comfortable to wear! The shades are really pretty too and the applicator is really good for this product. However, it didn't make me go WOW or anything. Just a good lipgloss with decent staying power and shine. Would recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are so good. Great non-sticky texture, and staying power. I need more shades!

I found this to be in between a gloss and a balm, and the color I choose just didn't wear evenly on my lips.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Returned. Possible I'm just liking my matte lip sticks? Purchased bc of the ratings but did end up returning for the matte Lingerie style. It came off on everything. Not drying as thr mattes are which is GREAT. I just couldn't get over thr fact it was all very my cup rim. The mattes are drying, yes, but last longer. Wouldn't rebuy....

Perfect! Believe me, it goes on like a dream! Smooth af and it smells like creme bruleé, super pigmented and not sticky at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are amazing, not sticky and have a good pigment and nice smell