NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

I see I am in the minority here. To me this is a thin, greasy lip gloss. There's a lot of color selection, which is nice. The texture just feels gross to me. It feels exactly like what the name implies, butter on my lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got my first butter gloss in the shade Maple Blondie and inmediately fell in love. The pigmentation i guess u call it, is amazing. NYX has a great selection of colors. They arent too sticky like some lip glosses tend to be. The price is amazing as well. They are perfect over a lipstick or alone. Definitely would recommend

I love these glosses!

Even before I get to the colour, the smell is so delicious. Sweet baked goods come to me ^__^

I have three of these glosses now, and the colours are beautiful. I'm not a lipstick person, and I can't stand the bright bang *I have paint* on my lips kinda look. I went for the neutral pink and pink ones and they are glossy, fresh and elegant.

Just perfection <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The colour I'm referencing is: "Devil's Food Cake" - shade 22

Usually I'm not a fan of glossy, shiny lips but this little firecracker is amazing! It's got a lovely low sheen with a marvellous, deep colour injection onto the lips! Another great thing I found by using it a couple of times was that the coverage is completely buildable; a little can go a long way if you want just the slightest bit of a tint, or alternatively you can put on several coats to make it denser and more defined. One sweeping motion will give you that subtle tint, and around three sweeps will give you an intense glow. I love this aspect in a gloss-finish lip colour, as I've found with other brands putting a thinner layer on looks tacky or unfinished, so nyx: thank you for the consistency!
The only downside I found was that the staying power of this butter gloss (tested in the hot weather conditions of Australia) was only around 3 hours max. But alas, a quick reapplication solved the drama.
The packaging was exactly what I expected; nothing special, but does the trick.

The colour I decided to pick up is absolutely to die for! Makes you feel powerful and ready to take on the world, which is how every lipstick should make you feel in my opinion! I'm as pale as a snowflake so this is a great darker lip option that doesn't look too dramatic for my daytime wear, but can also make a statement at parties. Winner!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

NYX rocks my world yet again!

After buying the entire collection of the NYX Lip Lingerie lipsticks - I decided to try one of these to see if I'd like them as a gloss. The first one I bought was Madeline -in store.

Fell in LOVE immediately. The consistency is amazing - thick, not sticky, lots of shine, the color is great - the smell is sweet like a cupcake. Cheap, too (found most of mine half off). What I love about these (besides leaving your lips soft after wearing - for me, they do) is the color differences between each and how individual they are. I am not a huge lipstick person (even though I own all the Lip Lingeries) and for me, lip gloss with some tint is my go-to for everything. I'm too clumsy to mess with lip liner and lipstick. I'll make a mess of myself. So because I love gloss, I really took a notice of the color differences within each of these and that's what I think is a huge key in their success (for me). I also love that unlike their brother product, the NYX Intense Butter Glosses - the color of these are always a little sheer - so the color is going to honestly be unique on each person. Your own lip color is going to have an effect on wearing the colors of these lip glosses, as well as the skin tone of your lips.

The colors I bought:
Madeline, Praline, Ginger snap - perfect brown nudes and all sister colors. Each one is of the same color family - and each one is a little darker than the other. Madeline the lightest, Praline the middle, and Ginger the dark one. This trio is my favorite. Mind you - I like brown-tones and they work with my skin tone. With each swipe of these, I could tell it was like my lips, but better.

Fortune Cookie (true nude) - I'd say this is more of a peachy sheer nude versus --
Tiramisu (brown) which on my lips, came across as a pinky sheer nude. This is why your skin tone on your lips is so important with these colors! But I loved them both - they were both unique.

Raspberry Pavlova (red brown) - great glossy red for someone who doesn't want to wear a red lipstick out to fancy events (or out on the town). Red lipsticks make me nervous because I feel like they draw attention to me and my face when going out (which then makes me even more nervous) so I rarely wear them. Having this color as a sheer red gloss was a great option now for me and for when I want to wear a darker, dressy lip.

If you haven't checked these out - DO IT. Find the colors that work for you, speak to you - and rock them. And maybe get a back up or two :)

These are good to stash if you like having a lip gloss with you at all times to retouch up throughout the day. I love the shade collection, makes collecting them very fun. The lasting powering and pigmentation is meh, you get what you pay for.

Not my favourite lip glosses, but I would buy again and they do what you need them to do. These smell like caramel so if you hate scents, they're not for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love love love this gloss! It was a gift to me and I have since bought MORE. They are so creamy and last a really long time on your lips (they do wear off a bit if you eat and drink obvs) but they are fantastic! Not super tacky and sticky like other glosses and have goog pigment as well. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I could not love these more! I haven't purchased a MAC lipglass since. These are smooth and slick and beautiful. Just the way I like my gloss. I usually layered glosses over lipstick but I find that these are pigmented and beautiful enough to wear alone. Eclair, cupcake, creme brulee, peaches and cream and strawberry parfait are my favorite.

I own this in the shade tiramisu and it's my favorite lip gloss. Super pigmented and feels nourishing on the lips without being too thick or sticky. I plan to try more shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this product in 6 colors...that's how I know I love it! It's really beautiful on, and it smells great, too! My favorite color right now is 15, angel food cake. These are definitely worth trying!!