NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product contains silica in nano form. No way I will put that on my lips. Nano silica is not listed on the old ingredient list here but is listed on Nyx website.

This is what European commission thinks about it:
"IS NANO-SILICA IN COSMETICS
DANGEROUS?
The SCCS found no proof that nano-
silica penetrates the skin or is toxic,
but also did not find enough evidence
to rule out those possibilities. More
data are necessary before it can be
declared safe or unsafe. In particular,
more evidence is needed to ascertain
the absence of dermal penetration
of nano-silica, especially through
damaged skin. In case there is internal
exposure, there would also be a
need to exclude potential genotoxic,
carcinogenic and reproductive effects.
When new data become available, the
SCCS will again review the safety of
these silica materials in nanoform."

I am very careful with nano in cosmetics. I would not recommend this product until there is evidence for the safety of nano silica.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are totally worth the hype and I'm not a big fan of glosses. I have 3 shades (Angel Food Cake, Raspberry Tart, and Cherry Pie). The colors are super pretty, the texture is really pleasant, application is really seamless whether you're using them on their own or over lipstick/lipliner, they layer really nicely over different colors to add depth, they're long-lasting (though not food or drink-proof, but it'll stay on your mouth until something takes it off) and the smell is delicious (angel food cake smells like cake, raspberry tart smells like grape/raspberry). I think the texture plus the staying power are probably what make me love them despite not being one to use gloss a lot, they feel luxurious when you put them on and knowing that I can put it on and it'll still be there hours later is awesome. Would definitely repurchase and will probably buy in more shades. Recommend 100%!!

I love putting a dark fuchsia shade of lipstick or lipliner all over my lips and then putting raspberry tart on top. Raspberry tart looks bright purple in the tube but it's way more wearable than it seems.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a huge lip gloss person. Usually most of my lip gloss's are bought and then thrown in my kit for clients and i don't use them. I had a couple of these but don't generally use them or any glosses for that matter. If anything is on my lips it is a stain, lipstick, lip liner, lip crayon, or a liquid lip. Lately though my lips have been quite dry, and I've been only able to use lip balms and treatments as anything else, even if it doesn't dry my lips out, doesn't help the situation. Because of that, despite the fact that i generally don't enjoy the glossy/sticky feel on my lips, I've been using glosses as they are more moisturizing and still have some color. I have to say since I started using glosses, these are AMAZING. They are SO moisturizing and very thick/creamy feeling but not at all sticky. I liked them enough to actually go out and buy another color for myself! (Quite the feat since I have never bought two of the same lip gloss before). They aren't all extremely pigmented, it depends on the color, some are more sheer and some are more intense but they all have a good amount of color. Very happy with these.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The first shade I tried was Praline. For me it is a light nude shade that goes with any eye look. What I liked the most was the scent and how easy it is to apply. I wouldn’t say it lasts forever on my lips but I’m always rubbing them together when I have it on because they feel so smooth lol. The second shade I got was Ginger Snap and it is like a deeper nude for me. It makes my lips look more evened out and I can wear a dark lip color without it looking dry like a liquid lipstick

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a superb lip gloss. Light weight w/ a satin gloss finish absolutely no sticky/tacky feel, almost feels water based. Although the colour is not super pigmented, still shows up almost like a washed stain. I have Peaches and Cream, the colour is just gorgeous! A pretty coral-melon colour that is complementary for most skin tones. Doesn't really last long, maybe a few hours but it feels so good on my lips, I just reapply. My fav summer go to colour, on my second bottle...planning to try other colours as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The perfect gloss! It glides on smoothly with pigment. Some are so pigmented that you only need to use a tiny bit. I love the vanilla cake batter scent and how smooth the formula is. They aren't sticky and feel comfortable on my lips.

These are my ride or die, everyday lip glosses. I have Creme Brulee, Peach Crisp and Apple Strudel. All of them are pretty sheer and add a hint of pink or peach color. I love them because they make me look polished without trying too hard. I used to have Sunday Mimosa but it looked exactly like Creme Brulee on my lips, so I swapped it for Peach Crisp.
I love the light, mousse like texture, the vanilla scent, and the $5 price tag. I won't even buy my favorite Mac Lipglass anymore since I can get three of these for the price of one of those. These lil Butter babies have stolen my heart, and a permanent spot in the lip gloss pocket in my purse.

Amazing. NYX just started selling where I live so I've been trying some products and these glosses really live up to their hype. They're pigmented but not overly so, they are soft, they're not thick or sticky, just very comfortable....I LOVE THEM. Highly recommend.

My lips did feel smooth after using this, it glides on easily and smells lovely. but it just didn't work for me. I found it sticky after a few minutes and the colours appear kind of streaky I guess, you can see the lines from the applicator or rubbing your lips together visibly... not a fan. However, my best friend swears by them!

I purchased this gloss in Creme Brulee and loves it. I had been told that it was a great long lasting gloss, and it truly is. The color is not super pigmented, but in a gloss that is typical. Lasts for quite a long time without any of the sticky residue. Smells great. A little bit of a small container for the price, but a little bit goes a long way.