NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I haven't written a review in ages but I felt compelled to write one for this stuff 'cause it's the bomb diggity! I'm drawn mostly to natural-looking makeup, especially on the lips, and bought this on a whim in hopes of getting that "your lips but better" look. I got the shade Tiramisu and it's perfect with my fair/medium, neutral/yellow skin tone. Not too shiny, not crazy sticky (though slightly), and very moisturizing. It's the perfect finishing touch to give my look just enough polish. Have to reapply quite frequently but I don't mind. I'm sure there are many similar products out there, but the price point on this is great and the packaging is cute too. Highly recommend! Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this product at the recommendation of my sister. The product really does fit the name it glides on buttery smooth and is very moisturizing. It also has a nice vanilla scent to it. I'm not always a huge fan of lipsticks so this gloss is perfect for me. The color is kind of sheer and just enough. I bought the colors angel food cake and pralines those colors really compliment skin tone. The only issue I have with this lip gloss is I wish it had longer wear. I have to reapply several times a day. But still I love the way it makes my lips feel and I will continue to buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i have these in shades angel food cake and tiramisu. i'm nc10, gray undertones, yellow overtones for reference. not much natural pigment to my lips.

general review: i'm so pleasantly surprised by how much i like these. i mostly wanted to leave a review to comment on how moisturizing they are; being that i'm on a course of accutane, my skin is very dry these days and i wanted a lip product i could wear that would cover up the hideousness of my peeling lips without further drying them out. these fortunately do exactly that. they do wear off in about an hour (i talk for a living and find that's about how long i can go before needing to touch up), but the pigmentation is great provided i layer them up a bit. they moisturize as well as my thickest lip treatments do and i have to touch them up roughly just as often...a perfectly fair tradeoff in my opinion seeing as these have the added bonus of actually making my lips look better!

a few final notes, they are sticky. they're glosses. your hair will get caught in them and it isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, but it is tolerable. and just take them off altogether if you're going to be eating or drinking. they won't survive either process. they wear well, dont leave a ring around your mouth as they fade and are thankfully flavorless as far as i can tell.

colorwise, i'm not sure which i prefer. i think i did a good job of picking out some of the more muted shades in the line, but tiramisu still reads a little peachy on me and angel food cake is just like...PINK. both are fine for everyday though. very work-appropriate and surprisingly subtle on my complexion. would definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought this out of a whim coz i dont feel like wearing the nyx smlc everyday to uni. its a really good gloss, not sticky, almost feels like butter on my lips. the glossy sheen was nice. although it came out like a gloop of product on the applicator, it didnt bother me as much. a very,very good gloss despite being a drugstore one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These butter glosses are great! I have really dry lips and they are super comfortable on my lips and have never felt dry. They have great pigmentation. They come in a wide range of colors, so there is a color for everyone. I have repurchased these glosses many, many times, and always have a back up on hand for when I run out. They don't leave that ring on your mouth like some glosses do when they wear off. They are not transfer proof, and don't really last more than an hour on my lips, but this does not bother me because I would much rather have a product that I have to reapply than one that lasts all day and makes my lips feel and look cakey and gross. No thank you. They have great pigmentation for a gloss, and are wallet-friendly. I will always have at least one of these on hand until they decide to discontinue them. Highly recommend if you don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought I had reviewed these before since I have happily used them for a while. I am Asian, yellow olive skin, NC30-35, highly pigmented lips with a cool undertone. I like these best in nude/pinky brown/MLBB colors Madeline and praline shades. I have a slight preference for the slightly darker praline. A reviewer catmae below made me realize that gingersnap would be a good color for me, whereas Tiramisu would be too light. They smell like twinkies to me while I apply, but the smell dissipates and there is no taste. Since I go for neutral shades in this, I can apply and reapply without mirrors or fuss. Yes, they are buttery (some would say greasy on the lips), but they are moisturizing, look nice and are cheap. If your hair gets in your face they do stick a bit. If my lips are dry (from a stint of wearing too many matte lipsticks - I am a fan of NYX Matte lipstick and NYX matte lip cream with the doe applicator), these feel good. They also look okay even if I have not been as diligent About lip exfoliation. For longer wear, or to darken Madeline, I sometimes line lips and blend with a pencil like Sephora radiant rosy or a bronze called glitter brown. These will transfer to your drinking glass if that is an issue.

Note: I have tried darker shades in butter gloss (devils food cake) and I don't like them as much. Mainly because then you have to be more careful in application and I get darker shades on my teeth.

I have this gloss in the color Merengue, a lovely pinky-lilac. The color is gorgeous, whether worn by itself or layered over lip stick. Texture is good, not too sticky and it moisturizes my lips well. I really like the scent of this gloss, like baked goods. Can't wait to try other colors in this line!

Love these. Very nice formula, feels quite light on your lips and lasts quite well. It doesn't feel "sticky" or heavy, like some lip glosses do. Very nice shade range, my favorite is créme brulee, a perfect everyday shade.
Definitely recommend these, totally worth every penny :)

The applicator is good, the scent is lovely and reminds me of cupcakes, the product itself works. This is one of the best lip glosses for me, I love the consistency of it and how smooth, non-sticky and moisturizing it feels. I often wear matte lipsticks and I often wear this over one too, and I love how non-drying it feels for a change. I have the shade Tiramisu and I usually wear a lipliner or some lipstick underneath it for more defined lips, but it works great on its own as well. I think the biggest minus with all of Nyx's lip products, which are usually awesome, is their shade range. There aren't many very exciting or unique shades there, or at least that's how I felt back in the day looking for them. Luckily they're coming out with many new products and honestly, there still are many nice shades to choose from.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is really moisturising and comfortable to wear! The shades are really pretty too and the applicator is really good for this product. However, it didn't make me go WOW or anything. Just a good lipgloss with decent staying power and shine. Would recommend.