NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

My lips did feel smooth after using this, it glides on easily and smells lovely. but it just didn't work for me. I found it sticky after a few minutes and the colours appear kind of streaky I guess, you can see the lines from the applicator or rubbing your lips together visibly... not a fan. However, my best friend swears by them!

Amazing. NYX just started selling where I live so I've been trying some products and these glosses really live up to their hype. They're pigmented but not overly so, they are soft, they're not thick or sticky, just very comfortable....I LOVE THEM. Highly recommend.

These are my ride or die, everyday lip glosses. I have Creme Brulee, Peach Crisp and Apple Strudel. All of them are pretty sheer and add a hint of pink or peach color. I love them because they make me look polished without trying too hard. I used to have Sunday Mimosa but it looked exactly like Creme Brulee on my lips, so I swapped it for Peach Crisp.
I love the light, mousse like texture, the vanilla scent, and the $5 price tag. I won't even buy my favorite Mac Lipglass anymore since I can get three of these for the price of one of those. These lil Butter babies have stolen my heart, and a permanent spot in the lip gloss pocket in my purse.

I purchased this gloss in Creme Brulee and loves it. I had been told that it was a great long lasting gloss, and it truly is. The color is not super pigmented, but in a gloss that is typical. Lasts for quite a long time without any of the sticky residue. Smells great. A little bit of a small container for the price, but a little bit goes a long way.

I am such a sucker for a great lip gloss. I picked up two of these glosses. One is Raspberry Tart (BLG21) and the other is Devil's Food Cake (BLG22). I have always envied dark complexions where they can carry off such dark berry or jewel like color on their lips. Many times with my complexion and hair those colors can make me have a severe look to my face or look gaudy. What I love about these glosses is both are dark in color, but go on somewhat sheer and glossy. They somehow still maintain a deep color despite the sheerness of the product which is nice to see and suit my complexion. I am lightly tanned and have silvery blonde hair. The Raspberry Tart looks like a Barney grapey Purple in the tube but goes on a lot lighter. The devils food cake looks almost dark brown Burgundy but goes on like deep wine color. Both have a nice texture and sheen. I also love that they don't stain your lips, which is something I despise with a lot of dark colors.

The smell is very much like the birthday cake scent that is prevalent in a lot of glosses nowadays, which is always nice. Nothing worse than having stinky lip glosses or lipstick that can be overpowering or as I like to say, provide a cough factor when you inhale that they are that strong. The glosses also go on smoothly and are not sticky.

Packaging is simple and there is nothing to write home about, but that doesn't matter to me. My only complaint is they don't last very long on my lips. Take a sip out of your caramel Macchiato and its a guarantee that most of your gloss will be left on your Starbucks cup.

Product is cruelty free which is something I am always very happy about.

Have this gloss in several different shades (tres leches, London, angel food cake, and peach cobbler). This product smells AMAZING! Like cake, very sweet smelling. The colours are beautiful and easy to apply. However, after 1-2 hours I find it has mostly wiped off or faded and needs retouching a LOT. But if that doesn't matter to you, I'd recommend trying it as it really is a lovely product :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The NYX Butter Glosses are absolutely among the best glosses in the drug store. They have an amazing range of shades and the formula feels so nice on the lips. I like that the colors are slightly milky, which makes it easier to wear them alone or with lipliner on my pigmented lips. I think the packaging is simple and cute as well. These are a good buy for the price, and even though they are too smooth/buttery to last very long, they look great and are easy to reapply so they're still worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are awesome. I love MAC cremesheen glosses and these are like of the drugstore version for me. The glosses are not super sticky (which is why I do not like MAC lip glasses, and instead only wear cremesheen glosses). The packaging is nice because the tube is the color of the gloss and the doe foot is great. NYX has a problem with giving colors name that do not match the product (such as "Cherry Cheesecake" being orange, "Peaches and Cream" being a warm pink, etc) so buyer beware. They have a vanilla scent, which I also find nice. I have a handful of them (Praline, Gingersnap, Madeleine, Cherry Cheesecake). I have had more over the years, but have gotten rid of them because the color didn't suit me; no issues with formula or the packaging. I am an NC30/35 and Praline and Madeleine are great "my lips but better" colors. If you are darker than me, Gingersnap is for you. To me, glosses like this look beautiful on the lips because you can still see a bit of the natural lip, while still wearing a pigmented gloss. I also like the way these glosses (and MAC cremesheens) look layered over lipstick. Maybe it is just my imagination, but because the gloss base is not clear (at one of the spectrum) and yet not super opaque (on the other), it gives different look to the lips that I find quite beautiful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I haven't written a review in ages but I felt compelled to write one for this stuff 'cause it's the bomb diggity! I'm drawn mostly to natural-looking makeup, especially on the lips, and bought this on a whim in hopes of getting that "your lips but better" look. I got the shade Tiramisu and it's perfect with my fair/medium, neutral/yellow skin tone. Not too shiny, not crazy sticky (though slightly), and very moisturizing. It's the perfect finishing touch to give my look just enough polish. Have to reapply quite frequently but I don't mind. I'm sure there are many similar products out there, but the price point on this is great and the packaging is cute too. Highly recommend! Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this product at the recommendation of my sister. The product really does fit the name it glides on buttery smooth and is very moisturizing. It also has a nice vanilla scent to it. I'm not always a huge fan of lipsticks so this gloss is perfect for me. The color is kind of sheer and just enough. I bought the colors angel food cake and pralines those colors really compliment skin tone. The only issue I have with this lip gloss is I wish it had longer wear. I have to reapply several times a day. But still I love the way it makes my lips feel and I will continue to buy it.

Popular Lip Glosses