4.4

Shop Now

Reviews

from

2 months ago

I love these and have several shades, Tiramisu, Strawberry Cheesecake, Angel Food Cake, and maybe another. They maybe my favorite gloss. Great over matte lipsticks. I often use to freshen a matte lipstick. Have been using for years and will probably try a few more shades!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

7 months ago

Pros: wide shade variety, buttery feel, pleasant vanilla scent (could be a con if you are sensitive to smells), shiny, large amount of product per price (0.27oz/$5), frequently on sale Cons: streaky color application, streaks with normal lip movement, can look globby because of streaking. At one time, these were my favorite glosses and I owned probably close to 20 in different shades. I wish that the formula applied more smoothly and didn't streak and leave globby lines on my lips. For me, it's worth it to spend a little more to get a smoother looking gloss. My favorite colors are Praline, Tiramasu, Angel Food Cake, Creme Brulee, Apple Strudel, and Fortune Cookie.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

EyesOther

8 months ago

These are super pigmented glosses! Lovely shiney, glossy finish. Very affordable and a lovely range of shades. I did find that these tend to wear off more quickly than most glosses, so you do have to reapply often. But I don't mind this as glosses are pretty easy to reapply without the need for a mirror and also the colour pay off on these is really good.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

EyesOther

9 months ago

Nice gloss nothing really negative to say about it only that it might be too perfumed and sticky for some people. I owned color Madeleine, classic beigy nude works with all makups and outfits, looks great alone and on top of the other lipstick. Pros: nice choice of colors, reasonably priced, compact size (personally hate huge glosses), good wear for a gloss, doesn't dry the lips, smooth application So-so: sweet perfume (still not overpowering as some Maybelline stuff for example) Cons: my husband hates the stickiness )) Not sure if i will repurchas as I prefer Kiko Hydra Gloss

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

10 months ago

I wish I understood why these glosses are so popular. I have a beige-y type color & a rosy pink (I can’t find either right now not sure of the shade names)- both are fine but not anything special. Pros: glossy but not crazy hyper shiny; I like the finish. Moisturizing Cons: no staying power- not unusual for a gloss but these seem to wear even faster than average.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

10 months ago

These are my favorite glosses. I have several in purses & my make-up bags. They go on so smooth. Just the right color payoff. They don't dry my lips out. The price is excellent. They come in so many shades. Angel Food Cake is my fave. Have bought several tubes of it. I wear these alone or over a matte lip color. They wear well. The packaging makes them very portable. No downside to these glosses at all. I get mine at Target or Ulta. Someone always has a sale on them. Highly recommend for anyone of any age.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

I feel like this gloss is playing mind games with me. It wants me to believe that it is buttery and heavenly feeling, but nope. It is a hair magnet. It doesn't feel comfortable when wearing it, wears off quickly and leaves lips feeling dry. Also, the gloss eats away at the applicator for some reason. After a few uses, the fuzz from the doefoot disappears to god knows where. Finally, the gloss level isn't there. It doesn't give you that mirror shine, thicc lip effect. One thing I do like about these glosses is the shade selection. Praline and angel food cake had me feeling some type of way.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

These have excellent texture and wearability, and are available in myriad shades. I use Madeleine ("Mid-Tone Nude"), Ginger Snap ("Chocolate Brown"), and Praline ("Deep Nude") over lip liners or lip tints. The scent is sort of a faux-pastry flavor, which, while inoffensive, is totally unnecessary. Though at least it's not a wretched, juvenile watermelon flavor like the Milani lipsticks, which were so awful I needed to toss them... NYX Butter Glosses and KIKO 3D Hydra Lipglosses are my HGs in the gloss category. There is truly no reason to shell out more than $10 / lipgloss when formulations like these are on the market...

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

With a name like “butter gloss” I expected this to be buttery. Unfortunately it’s not buttery at all. It’s just another shiny (like really shiny) lip gloss. Wearing it on its own - totally hate it. When I wear NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream underneath - I absolutely love it! It’s like the perfect finish for hydrating the lips in dry winter weather. I’m a matte liquid lipstick lover. But this winter my lips are not doing so well so I bought these butter glosses. I got the shades Madeleine and Tiramisu for everyday wear. On their own they’re quite sheer and very glossy. But they’re a great topping for any matte lipstick and they do so well on top of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. You get an opaque creamy and buttery finish they way I expected these “butter” glosses to be. This kind of finish reminds me of the Makeup Revolution Lip Euphoria - buttery and creamy lipgloss and of course, pigmented. They’re not sticky, which is a plus. I’ll definitely get more shades to top my liquid lipsticks.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

EyesBrown

a year ago

I have this in three shades: Devil’s Food Cake (which reads as vampy and dark in the tube but applies as a sheer medium berry); Raspberry Tart (a sheer violet with pink tones); and my fav, Cranberry Biscotti - the most gorgeous cranberry/cool berry red, which leaves a lovely deep stain. The smell is mild and somewhat sweet, and the formula is slightly tacky, but neither the smell or the feel are enough to turn me off. Love this product!

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral