4.4

$7.40 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

I LOVE the butter glosses. They aren't too sticky and come in such a wide shade range that you can find the perfect one for any look. And the price is right!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a month ago

These little glosses are fantastic, especially for the price. The shade selection is insane, but that's where I have to point out that these are very opaque lip glosses. 2/3 the way to being a glossy liquid lipstick. That's not a bad thing, but it does mean you have to control the application closely if you're going for a traditional sheer glossy look. I've enjoyed experimenting with the pink/rose shades like Eclair, Angel Food Cake, and Creme Brulee for purposefully subtle variations on my natural lipcolor, and I only ran into trouble with a nude shade (Fortune Cookie). They're too pigmented to be truly moisturizing, but they're not drying. They have a thick oily creamy texture that isn't greasy, and really clings to and visually smooths out my lips. I'd just prefer not to have to wear lip balm underneath to keep from getting dry in key areas. They have a slight creamy vanilla scent, nothing complex or overpowering. The Butter Gloss display is where I go looking almost every time I want to try out a new color. I'm really glad that NYX products have become widespread in stores here! Unlike most brands, their simple packaging can be part of their charm.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

from

4 months ago

I love these and have several shades, Tiramisu, Strawberry Cheesecake, Angel Food Cake, and maybe another. They maybe my favorite gloss. Great over matte lipsticks. I often use to freshen a matte lipstick. Have been using for years and will probably try a few more shades!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

9 months ago

Pros: wide shade variety, buttery feel, pleasant vanilla scent (could be a con if you are sensitive to smells), shiny, large amount of product per price (0.27oz/$5), frequently on sale Cons: streaky color application, streaks with normal lip movement, can look globby because of streaking. At one time, these were my favorite glosses and I owned probably close to 20 in different shades. I wish that the formula applied more smoothly and didn't streak and leave globby lines on my lips. For me, it's worth it to spend a little more to get a smoother looking gloss. My favorite colors are Praline, Tiramasu, Angel Food Cake, Creme Brulee, Apple Strudel, and Fortune Cookie.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

These are super pigmented glosses! Lovely shiney, glossy finish. Very affordable and a lovely range of shades. I did find that these tend to wear off more quickly than most glosses, so you do have to reapply often. But I don't mind this as glosses are pretty easy to reapply without the need for a mirror and also the colour pay off on these is really good.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 months ago

Nice gloss nothing really negative to say about it only that it might be too perfumed and sticky for some people. I owned color Madeleine, classic beigy nude works with all makups and outfits, looks great alone and on top of the other lipstick. Pros: nice choice of colors, reasonably priced, compact size (personally hate huge glosses), good wear for a gloss, doesn't dry the lips, smooth application So-so: sweet perfume (still not overpowering as some Maybelline stuff for example) Cons: my husband hates the stickiness )) Not sure if i will repurchas as I prefer Kiko Hydra Gloss

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

a year ago

I wish I understood why these glosses are so popular. I have a beige-y type color & a rosy pink (I can’t find either right now not sure of the shade names)- both are fine but not anything special. Pros: glossy but not crazy hyper shiny; I like the finish. Moisturizing Cons: no staying power- not unusual for a gloss but these seem to wear even faster than average.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

a year ago

These are my favorite glosses. I have several in purses & my make-up bags. They go on so smooth. Just the right color payoff. They don't dry my lips out. The price is excellent. They come in so many shades. Angel Food Cake is my fave. Have bought several tubes of it. I wear these alone or over a matte lip color. They wear well. The packaging makes them very portable. No downside to these glosses at all. I get mine at Target or Ulta. Someone always has a sale on them. Highly recommend for anyone of any age.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

I feel like this gloss is playing mind games with me. It wants me to believe that it is buttery and heavenly feeling, but nope. It is a hair magnet. It doesn't feel comfortable when wearing it, wears off quickly and leaves lips feeling dry. Also, the gloss eats away at the applicator for some reason. After a few uses, the fuzz from the doefoot disappears to god knows where. Finally, the gloss level isn't there. It doesn't give you that mirror shine, thicc lip effect. One thing I do like about these glosses is the shade selection. Praline and angel food cake had me feeling some type of way.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

These have excellent texture and wearability, and are available in myriad shades. I use Madeleine ("Mid-Tone Nude"), Ginger Snap ("Chocolate Brown"), and Praline ("Deep Nude") over lip liners or lip tints. The scent is sort of a faux-pastry flavor, which, while inoffensive, is totally unnecessary. Though at least it's not a wretched, juvenile watermelon flavor like the Milani lipsticks, which were so awful I needed to toss them... NYX Butter Glosses and KIKO 3D Hydra Lipglosses are my HGs in the gloss category. There is truly no reason to shell out more than $10 / lipgloss when formulations like these are on the market...

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35