4.4

$7.40 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I hate lip glosses, due to how thick and sticky most can be. But I LOVE the texture of these glosses! The only reason I doesn’t receive a 5 from me is because I feel like they could be packed with more pigment than they are.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I should probably start by saying that I generally hate lip gloss. Nine times out of ten I find they're overly sticky, don't last very long, and usually end up smeared halfway round my mouth if I ever dare to kiss anyone (that's if the stickiness doesn't put them off first!) These buttery beauties, on the other hand? They're going to be a staple in my makeup bag. They slide on so easily without smearing, stay put for ages, and they don't have that horrible tacky feeling that so many others do. I generally find that I don't have to reapply very much at all, unless I'm trying to build up the colour from going from day to night - because I favour quite bold shades, I usually only wear a single sweep of the stuff during the daytime, and that's normally enough to provide a good coverage. I've ended up investing in three of them (Devil/Angel Food Cake and Red Velvet) because they're such good value for money, and I would buy more in a heartbeat. You definitely can't complain about the cost at a fiver, so now the only headache is deciding which of the myriad shades to try next. Did I mention they smell like cupcakes? Yum!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Kinky, Coarse

EyesGray

3.0

2 years ago

I really do like this product, despite taking two lippies off. I just kind of dislike the streakiness. You can't swipe it on without a mirror, because the colour goes on streaky. You need to go in again with the applicator to smooth it out. I also feel like if you rub your lips together quite a bit, it makes it look a Tiny tiny bit streaky. Don't get me wrong though, it's a great everyday gloss as there's no shimmer at all, but it's still really shiny. Of course, it goes away after eating and drinking, but that's what glosses do. It has a really sweet scent to it...kind of like vanilla maybe? It doesn't bother me but maybe some might dislike it. Would overall still recommend, and would repurchase. Madeleine is a great nude shade for NC35 - NC42 skin tones.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Perfect everyday affordable lip glosses! Even after blotting the colour is still noticeable and they aren't sticky or shimmery, not to mention they smell so freaking good. They have a ton of shades to choose from, though I do recommend going in store because the shade names and online swatches are kind of misleading. I have shades Apple Strudel which is actually very peachy, and Peaches and Cream which is actually bubblegum pink.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

This product contains silica in nano form. No way I will put that on my lips. Nano silica is not listed on the old ingredient list here but is listed on Nyx website. This is what European commission thinks about it: "IS NANO-SILICA IN COSMETICS DANGEROUS? The SCCS found no proof that nano- silica penetrates the skin or is toxic, but also did not find enough evidence to rule out those possibilities. More data are necessary before it can be declared safe or unsafe. In particular, more evidence is needed to ascertain the absence of dermal penetration of nano-silica, especially through damaged skin. In case there is internal exposure, there would also be a need to exclude potential genotoxic, carcinogenic and reproductive effects. When new data become available, the SCCS will again review the safety of these silica materials in nanoform." I am very careful with nano in cosmetics. I would not recommend this product until there is evidence for the safety of nano silica.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

3 years ago

These are totally worth the hype and I'm not a big fan of glosses. I have 3 shades (Angel Food Cake, Raspberry Tart, and Cherry Pie). The colors are super pretty, the texture is really pleasant, application is really seamless whether you're using them on their own or over lipstick/lipliner, they layer really nicely over different colors to add depth, they're long-lasting (though not food or drink-proof, but it'll stay on your mouth until something takes it off) and the smell is delicious (angel food cake smells like cake, raspberry tart smells like grape/raspberry). I think the texture plus the staying power are probably what make me love them despite not being one to use gloss a lot, they feel luxurious when you put them on and knowing that I can put it on and it'll still be there hours later is awesome. Would definitely repurchase and will probably buy in more shades. Recommend 100%!! I love putting a dark fuchsia shade of lipstick or lipliner all over my lips and then putting raspberry tart on top. Raspberry tart looks bright purple in the tube but it's way more wearable than it seems.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

The first shade I tried was Praline. For me it is a light nude shade that goes with any eye look. What I liked the most was the scent and how easy it is to apply. I wouldn’t say it lasts forever on my lips but I’m always rubbing them together when I have it on because they feel so smooth lol. The second shade I got was Ginger Snap and it is like a deeper nude for me. It makes my lips look more evened out and I can wear a dark lip color without it looking dry like a liquid lipstick

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

I'm not a huge lip gloss person. Usually most of my lip gloss's are bought and then thrown in my kit for clients and i don't use them. I had a couple of these but don't generally use them or any glosses for that matter. If anything is on my lips it is a stain, lipstick, lip liner, lip crayon, or a liquid lip. Lately though my lips have been quite dry, and I've been only able to use lip balms and treatments as anything else, even if it doesn't dry my lips out, doesn't help the situation. Because of that, despite the fact that i generally don't enjoy the glossy/sticky feel on my lips, I've been using glosses as they are more moisturizing and still have some color. I have to say since I started using glosses, these are AMAZING. They are SO moisturizing and very thick/creamy feeling but not at all sticky. I liked them enough to actually go out and buy another color for myself! (Quite the feat since I have never bought two of the same lip gloss before). They aren't all extremely pigmented, it depends on the color, some are more sheer and some are more intense but they all have a good amount of color. Very happy with these.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

This is a superb lip gloss. Light weight w/ a satin gloss finish absolutely no sticky/tacky feel, almost feels water based. Although the colour is not super pigmented, still shows up almost like a washed stain. I have Peaches and Cream, the colour is just gorgeous! A pretty coral-melon colour that is complementary for most skin tones. Doesn't really last long, maybe a few hours but it feels so good on my lips, I just reapply. My fav summer go to colour, on my second bottle...planning to try other colours as well.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

My lips did feel smooth after using this, it glides on easily and smells lovely. but it just didn't work for me. I found it sticky after a few minutes and the colours appear kind of streaky I guess, you can see the lines from the applicator or rubbing your lips together visibly... not a fan. However, my best friend swears by them!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair