4.4

$7.40 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

Great, comfortable gloss. My one gripe is its a cream base, so it seeps into your lip lines and looks bad unless you continuously press your lips together. I think it's comparable to the lorac alter ego lip glosses, just more sheer. A really pretty lip product. No sparkle, and not as tacky as the Buxom glosses. These are light years better. These make your lips look so plump. I own fortune cookie, creme brulee, tiramisu, and angle food cake. I'm planning on buying Praline and Madeleine. These are all nice nudes.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I kind a went crazy with collecting a lot of the colour stuff recently. I absolutely love them . I am sick of the super dried out matte liquid lipsticks and now like my lips to look more plush and hydrated. These do just that. The colours are either sheer or buildable and pigmented. They feel like butter on the lips make my lips look plush and shiny while also not drying them out. My favourite colours are vanilla cream pie,angel food cake,ginger snap,tiramisu,raspberry pavlova,red velvet,raspberry tart,eclair,strawberry parfait...ok I love pretty much all of them . Seriously they are all gorgeous imo . You have to reapply them but it no big deal they feel amazing going on and smell amazing too so I don’t care if I need to reapply . Easy to wear and super cute

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

$5.00 on the website but you can find them on sale. When they go on sale, I stock up. The formula is excellent, non-sticky and doesn't look overly shiny, no sparkle at all. It dries fairly quickly, some colors faster than others and it feels as if I put lip balm on. My lips feel soft and moist, not sticky. It does not wear off easily and most colors leave a little stain when it does wear off which I like. I love the opacity and texture of these glosses. The pigmentation is great and they are nicely moisturizing, they never dry my lips out. Granted the packaging is not high end or pretty, but for $5.00, in my opinion, the quality inside rivals most high end glosses or is better. The color range is huge, with 34 colors which is rare for a drugstore priced item. I have about 15 of them. My favorites are the lighter ones and nudes but Cherry Pie is a lovely red that I can wear and feel comfortable in. Reds are hard for me to pull off(blonde, blue eyes, gold skin tone). But this one I can wear. Most of the nudes are just gorgeous, really a nice job on the nudes. I do have to reapply, these won't last all day and most of the glossy part will come off after a meal, depending on what you eat, but I don't mind re-applying. I really love many of the colors and the way they feel on my lips. The brush picks up the right amount and I don't have to keep dipping in to apply. They smell nice, but not overwhelming. Kind of like cake. A great value for a very nice product. If I paid 25.00 for this in high end packing I would write the same review. It feels and looks high end. I don't know how the really dark colors apply because I didn't get any of those colors but there are some videos on you tube where they swatch and apply each color. Pros: Great price Huge Color selection Feel nice on the lips Nice opacity and pigmentation Moisturizing Nice applicator picks up right amount of product Cons: Packaging isn't pretty

About reviewer (781 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I only have one shade- ginger snap- a brown shade. It delivers a sheer wash of color but it's pretty pigmented for a gloss. of course, it's not long lasting but it's so easy to reapply that I don't mind. I definitely would repurchase this shade when I finish it, and want to try out others!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Tiramisu is a shade that really flatters me. I never look good in any lipstick or lip gloss shade but this one is an exception. Very beautiful and not too dark.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Tiramisu is my current fav! It looks like my lips natural shade of pink which I really love. I have gone through 3 of these glosses and always try out a new shade! They are pigmented and are a milky finish(no shimmer). They have a vanilla frosting scent and are not sticky. I love them enough to actually finish up the tube.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I never normally wear gloss, but i love these!!! I have Fortune Cookie, which is very sheer, but adds a very polished look, Creme Brulee, slightly more pinky, and Tiramasu, a nude slightly deep pink shade, they all go on quite sheer with just a hint of colour. They are extremely moisturising, and i like it that they don't have any minty plumping tingle, as menthol in anything will dry out your lips. I heard the Marc Jacobs ones had the tingling effect, which out me right off. To me these rival any high end gloss (better than Chanel's), and i don't feel complete til I've got one on!! Repurchases these 3 shades multiple times!!

About reviewer (127 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

2 years ago

These are some of the best affordable lip glosses. They are less sticky than most glosses (your hair will stick to them as with any gloss) and they're quite moisturizing. You do need to exfoliate your lips before wearing them so they don't accentuate texture. They don't get on your teeth because of the sheer formula. They have a wide color range and a delicious scent. I love these! Mine is in the shade Madeleine.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I own Cherry Pie, plus a fuchsia one whose name I don't remember.<br> I find these glosses to be pretty, moisturizing, minimally sticky, and reasonably long-lasting. I wish the containers were larger, and I'd prefer a brush-tip applicator, but for the price I'm not going to complain. <br> Of the two Butter Glosses I currently own, I prefer Cherry Pie, which is a moderately opaque blue-red. It does tend to go pinkish if worn on its own, but over a true red lipstick, like ColourPop "Trust Me," or NYX "Lucy," it yields a jewel-tone red. <br> Inexpensive, cruelty-free, great quality, readily available? <br> Those traits are enough to make Butter Gloss one of my favorites!

About reviewer (847 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I love these lip glosses! The colors are really pretty and flattering; I don’t see the need to buy expensive lip glosses when products this good are available from the drug store.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43